Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 3

Old 05-26-2020, 05:18 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Okay: It's 8:14 and I go to bed early these days because everything is locked down. But tonight: I'm sure that I will be going to sleep sober. Let's see if the PAWS start; but it is easier to face reality than pretend everything is fine and you're totally numbed out. two more hours and then lights out. I would not have made it through today without your comments.

WL: you are not alone! you are being honest and that is what matters!
Old 05-26-2020, 05:21 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't worry about Paws right now listae - that doesn't usually kick in, if at all, til after the first month.
Congrats on another day down

D
Old 05-26-2020, 05:31 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

goodnight dear listae.....score girl....you did it.....sweet dreams and goodnight. ❤️❤️
Old 05-26-2020, 05:42 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

PS....PAWS never happened for me.
Just saying. ❤️
Old 05-26-2020, 06:43 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Here with you if you can't sleep dear listae. s ❤️

And hello dear nmd....miss you. s ❤️
Old 05-26-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

I made it through today but barely. I was doing so good. Controlling my blood pressure. Not thinking of drinking. Then a major house problem came to be. We live in an older home so it's always something. I was so upset. Had a couple of cups of hot tea and took my prescribed anxiety meds early. I'm trying hard to relax and just not think about it today because there is nothing I can do today.
Just when you think you've got everything sorted out something like this bites you on the arse. But I'm hanging in there. I won't drink today. In just about 40 minutes I will be at the 72 hour mark. Then it will be a new day tomorrow.
Hope
Old 05-26-2020, 07:48 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Oh love....I so get that....I live in a 170 year-old settler's house and stuff happens. And I don't own it so it is not as stressful as it is for you....

Just think....with all of this you are still on the path. Looking after you. So wonderful.
And the stuff will get fixed, one way or another.

Love and goodnight and glad I popped SR on again b4 hitting the sack.
Let's sleep and be proud of how well we did today....all of us. s ❤️

PS...my husband has/had very serious high BP issues and i know how scary it can be. You are doing the best to take care of yourself working with your doc.... s xx ❤️
Old 05-26-2020, 08:11 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Hope

Good on you for sticking with your plan despite the house issues. Drinking wasn't really going to fix anything, so you did the right thing in sticking with tea.

And huge congrats on finishing day 3! I'd love to say it is all easy from here, but I can't. But I can say that it does get a little bit easier, at least physically.

Have you got a plan in place for those moments when drinking feels like the easiest solution?
Old 05-26-2020, 08:16 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh love....I so get that....I live in a 170 year-old settler's house and stuff happens. And I don't own it so it is not as stressful as it is for you....

Just think....with all of this you are still on the path. Looking after you. So wonderful.
And the stuff will get fixed, one way or another.

Love and goodnight and glad I popped SR on again b4 hitting the sack.
Let's sleep and be proud of how well we did today....all of us. s ❤️

PS...my husband has/had very serious high BP issues and i know how scary it can be. You are doing the best to take care of yourself working with your doc.... s xx ❤️
My house is only a hundred years but still. Your words are soothing and I thank you for them! Have a beautiful night.
Hope
Old 05-26-2020, 08:21 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
Hi Hope

Good on you for sticking with your plan despite the house issues. Drinking wasn't really going to fix anything, so you did the right thing in sticking with tea.

And huge congrats on finishing day 3! I'd love to say it is all easy from here, but I can't. But I can say that it does get a little bit easier, at least physically.

Have you got a plan in place for those moments when drinking feels like the easiest solution?
Thank you! I was hoping for easier tomorrow. Truly my hope. I think I will be better equipped after some sleep.
My plan is to pull out the tea kettle and have lots of tea and sparkling water and try to deal with it without even thinking of drinking.
Thanks for your support!
Hope
Old 05-26-2020, 08:32 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

My heartfelt gratitude to all of you! I made it through Day 1 (after being on Day 1 for months) and the big craving that runs from 5-9 (used to be later into the night after Corona) passed. I took the step of joining online SMART meetings (didn't attend but I knew the meetings were there); I watched a video (non-commercial); and MOST IMPORTANTLY I read your posts. So, I'm going to bed SOBER! (I have slight vomiting and itchy skin but my head already feels clearer). I didn't get a lot of other stuff done on my daily "to-do" list but really it makes no sense to my other goals if I drink: losing weight and finishing work is not going to work!
We'll chat in the morning: no apologies, no excuses, no blaming just supporting the beautiful awe of kicking the AV to the curb!

Old 05-26-2020, 08:36 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say "Present. And Sober."

And goodnight from Canada, eh...

Zzz...
Old 05-26-2020, 09:20 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Coz

Yay Listae - well done!

Same again tomorrow?
Old 05-26-2020, 09:26 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Just wanted to acknowledge ALL my classmates for being so honest and so supportive. You all fkin ROCK.

I'm sorry I wasn't around to support anyone yesterday, I was in a brutal argument with my own AV (I won, because fk you AV, I'm better than that) after a..... situation which seems so trivial now, but whatever.

Day 14 here.

I hope everyone is feeling better. My thoughts are with anyone struggling.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:32 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Coz

Congrats Mysti - both on winning the battle with AV and having achieved two weeks at the end of the day. Awsome stuff!
Old 05-26-2020, 10:17 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Free.

Congrats listae on arriving at day two!! So great!
Keep at it.

Hope: so well done on 72 hours!

‘Day 4 has always been 200% better than days 1-3 for me. (experienced way too many times)
This is a great time to embrace the positive changes you are making. Doing little things like eating well, taking vitamins, and staying hydrated all fortified my resolve to move forward making positive changes.

Be well.
Reach out to the great folks here anytime.

Old 05-26-2020, 10:46 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Wow, I am speechless after watching the video of that poor man being choked to death by that cop in Minnesota. You all will have probably seen it. All over the news. I have multiple arrests and was always treated quite nicely. Canada police seem to be a liittle more professional.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:20 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Morning all
So many posts and congrats to you all on your sober time

Day 16. Today I have a sugar headache from eating a bag of chocolate last night! Better than a hangover headache. the weather is dull here so I will paint today as the next week is meant to be boiling, sunbathing weather I have started getting up at a proper time 7am ish getting ready to go back to work so better to reset my body clock now than in 2 weeks. When drinking in lockdown I was lying in bed till 10 or 11am which I haven't done for 20 years or so. Still in lockdown here. Sick of it now, pretty tedious but at least we are healthy and safe which is the main thing.AND SOBER!!

Have a good day all.x
Old 05-26-2020, 11:43 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 6 here

Just took the higher dose of Antabuse

AV insists I should test it to see if it works

I'm not going to. I have faith the higher dose is working as intended and would make me very sick if I drank. And if it didn't makbe me sick, I'd just go on a bender and ruinmy life.

Edit: rather bizarre dream last night. I was drinking hand sanitizer.​​​​​​ Why wouldn't my subconscious have me drink regular beer in my dream? What have I done to my brain?

Old 05-27-2020, 02:59 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Day 3. I can rarely remember how my binges began. I don't know what triggered it. I don't even know how many days I was drinking. It most likely was the extreme boredom and loneliness. I have been living like a hermit for years. I wish I had even the slightest bit of motivation to do anything. I start simple with cleaning this dump.