Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 83

Old 05-08-2020, 01:41 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Finished number 2 of 3 overdue homework paintings. It took me 8 hours - to what takes 'normal' students 3.5 hours. .I had first physio session today The young lady was very good- lots of prodding and pressing thumbs into my neck that made me nearly hit the rook (a bit sore0. She kept saying things like 'oh dear- that IS very tight'.....I am getting a home exercise plan to go with it- 5 weekly sessions..then I have to start paying (not insured) - which I will gladly do....minimising this crappy pain is worth it. She got a 30 minute guided tour of my mangled bod- from the 2 unresolved shoulder breaks- down to the vertebrae. I provided the catscan results- I want to ne 'on point' and get doing stuff asap.
There was an art work in the small waiting area. Acupuncture needles- heaps of them arranged in a metre wide whirlpool pattern...only $3500. $2500 went on the cost of the needles (a dollar each). I doubt it will sell.
I hope you all are healthy and not going too insane.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Glad you're getting everything checked out PJ....nice work on the homework too!....Sounds like good productivity
Old 05-09-2020, 08:09 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hey PJ - that physio stuff can be painful, but glad you are getting things addressed and hope the exercise plan helps as well.
My wife hosted a little "tea" with her aunt and our daughter yesterday, so this morning I'm having a nice blueberry scone with my coffee - it really does not get much better than that!!
Hope everyone is doing well - be good
Old 05-09-2020, 08:35 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

And Venus, having that blueberry scone with my coffee this morning made me think of you - you seem like a scone person to me, I'm not sure why
Old 05-09-2020, 08:41 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

I am indeed. s xxxx
Old 05-10-2020, 05:28 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday, and Happy Mother’s Day to the Moms!
Things are starting to open up here, like everywhere I guess. I could really use a haircut, but I might wait a bit and see how things go.
Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-10-2020, 05:56 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Slowly relaxing the iso stuff here. There are some truly weird people in the world. Yesterday there was aggressive scuffles with police in Melbourne when several hundred people protested- against restriction rules- against isolation.
????????.
Painting three finished. Now have a very large chunk of art history/theory to do (about 7 hours). The lecturer is very much this subject is academic, is a discipline in it's own right- and any essays will be written in accordance to her standards- she is a Dr....has a phD in this field. So not just nice coffee table talk about art- but serious critical stuff.
better than drinking.
AND!
I bought myself a Playstation 3 (15y old- recond at a gamer's shop) and 4 games- 'Assassin's Creed'. Because the libraries are shut and I could not access documentaries. The games use real places- like Rome, Florence, Constaninople (Istabul) in mediieval times- and interlace real historical figures into it- back up with a database of the relevance of the aert, architecture, people etc. To move forward- there are mystery puzzles, sequences of events and actions (like 20-30) that have to be performed right. If not- you start at the beginning of that sequence all over again.
Perfect for me to get better short term memory practice. And it is working- at least with remembering factual stuff in my study.
Stay clean and healthy peoples.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:14 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Good job on painting #3, PJ, and enjoy the play station!! I've never used one of those gaming consoles - neither of my kids were that into them, even though they grew up in that age. It ended up being a blessing for them, really, they found other things to do with their time.
I had a nice lamb dinner tonight, and planning on heading to bed early. I didn't lead a very exciting life before the stay at home stuff - I'm even more boring now
Old 05-10-2020, 09:29 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Great job, PHX.
We had a pleasant weekend. It was Kamry’s 4th birthday and we did a parade for her. It was too freaking cute.
My dad is home but not well. Hospice is probably next. It’s been a rough year for him.
MITA, I’m pretty boring here too. I was really missing the grandkids though. We got to see all 3 this weekend. It was awesome.
Have a great evening/day friends.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:12 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your dad Bobbie
Went to visit my mom yesterday....brought her a gift card & she got some seeds for the garden from the cat....we planted them for Mother's Day....plants that will hopefully attract more butterflies & caterpillars....there have been two Monarch sightings since we started: one on Easter and the other on Cinco de Mayo....some festive critters we have!
Old 05-11-2020, 05:36 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

That is some talented cat Purps.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:37 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Bobbi love ~ sending so much love and praying that your dad will get better. s xxx
Old 05-11-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Prayers, B.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:20 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Wishing the best for your Dad, Bobbie.
I'm enjoying boring, at least today. The AV still makes an appearance nearly every day - sometimes just a nudge, other times it takes a real effort to shut it down. I'm fine right now. I guess it will always be this way, at least to some extent. I'm enjoying being sober ("not impaired" is my favorite way to phrase it at the moment), I still have to play the tape forward on occasion.
Be good
Old 05-12-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

I have an informal grading for the Painting - oils, portraits subject..and passed. Given 4.5y ago- they thought my cognition was so fried- I would need 24.7 care, a very good result. Mind I still think most of my work- in art with rules is rubbish. I cannot upload any files to SR at the mo....
My Art School has given everyone (lecturers and students) a week's grace- no new work. The difficulty (and I know every area of Uni study online has it's difficulties) is my Art School was set up in the early 70's as an almost apprentice based system- in the doing. Lots of practice- with a working artist guiding you in small classes. So online means a lot more work for students and staff....emails and zoom and uploading photos. I have to do this with my journal for painting. Every page needs to be photographed- then as my cheap android does not directly talk to my laptop- I have to email the photos to myself- then upload them on the laptop and then put them in a file to share online at the art school. First world problem.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:04 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hey PJ. First world problems indeed!! Sometimes I have to text message things to my email - kludgy.

Formatting here on SR also kludgy. I use Safari on my MacBook Air - I know Safari is not the most widely supported browser, but it works well for me.

Good day today - easing into the evening. My anxiety level has been pretty manageable/steady lately, and hoping it continues that way.

Be good
Old 05-13-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Try switching to SoberRecovery desktop mode love. s xxxx
Old 05-13-2020, 04:12 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Getting very cold at night here.

Just posting to keep the groove going.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Try switching to SoberRecovery desktop mode love. s xxxx
<div><br></div><div>You know, I just checked that setting. &nbsp;I was on desktop mode, and everything looked funny. &nbsp;I switched to WOL, and it looks better - we'll see how the formatting of my post looks like in second </div><div><br></div><div>Thanks!!</div>
Old 05-13-2020, 04:30 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Interesting - my replies get the old messed up formatting with machine language symbols while in WOL mode, but I can "see" the whole site better. In Desktop mode, the visual appearance of the site is strange but my posts seem to format better - I am in desktop mode now,