Quit 4/17/15

Awesome job Mags!

Be well all!
Old 03-21-2020, 01:06 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Well done Mags!

Be safe everyone.

We are getting as much golf in as we can, and hiking with Molly. We've also been to the garden centre so we have plenty to do when we hit lockdown.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:52 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Congrats Mags!
Old 03-21-2020, 06:30 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Congrats Mags!

I decided to try potty training today.

So far I have learned that I need 4 potties - 3 for K’s stuffed animals, and one for her. Since I only have 3, she keeps telling me that she can’t use the potty bc they are all occupied.

hmmm. Not what I expected

Old 03-21-2020, 06:36 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Congrats Mags!

I decided to try potty training today.

So far I have learned that I need 4 potties - 3 for K’s stuffed animals, and one for her. Since I only have 3, she keeps telling me that she can’t use the potty bc they are all occupied.

hmmm. Not what I expected

Old 03-21-2020, 08:26 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 03-22-2020, 12:02 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

That's a great story SE!

We implemented a crowd control measure yesterday, limiting the store to thirty shoppers at a time. Though we had waiting lines down the block at times, most folks were appreciative of the extra measures taken.

Have a good day all!
Old 03-22-2020, 12:13 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Well done Mags With Toots and myself we form a UK pose.

Do we have any guitar knowledge on the board? My daughter is trying to learn to play and we have discovered that my wife's guitar is succumbing to the constant tension. How far do I dare go dismantling it?

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:08 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs,

Andy, that’s good that your daughter is learning to play your wife’s guitar. No knowledge from me, I’m sorry. I imagine there’s a few round sr though!

SE, I laughed out loud about baby K and her three potty’s. it does sound like you’ll need a few more until all her furry friends are in one too!

Have a good Sunday my friends xxxx
Old 03-22-2020, 01:11 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I know enough about guitars to suggest taking it to an expert!

Haha, quite like being part of the U.K. Posse!

SE love it! Perhaps Baby K has to jump the queue!
Old 03-22-2020, 01:18 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Treerat66 View Post
Good morning Overs.

Well done Mags With Toots and myself we form a UK pose.

Do we have any guitar knowledge on the board? My daughter is trying to learn to play and we have discovered that my wife's guitar is succumbing to the constant tension. How far do I dare go dismantling it?

Hi Andy normal tuning and playing shouldn't be a problem for any decent guitar.

I would take it to someone who knew what they were doing., although I imagine that's not as easy now as it was a few weeks ago.

D
Old 03-22-2020, 02:48 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I wonder if that's something that can be looked up on Youtube?

What a cute and funny story SE

Well I'm not a big NFL fan, but now I know this virus is messing with everybody....Tom Brady is coming to Tampa Bay?!? It's like the Twilight Zone!
Old 03-22-2020, 03:18 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

SE, baby K is showing great creativity to avoid what she doesn’t want . I think you are in for the ride of your life with her!

Andy, nice that DD wants to learn to play guitar.

Hi to all and have a wonderful day
Old 03-22-2020, 03:39 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Itchy, good message! I feel strongly about so many things wrong in our society. I have no idea how to fix them until extreme greed and inequality disappear. I am feeling thoughtful and sad this morning. I am mulling over how I want to and can live my life for whatever time I have left. The world will certainly change but we don’t know how. Will it be every person for themselves? A kinder and gentler world? Any number of other scenarios?
Sassy,
Sorry you were feeling blue. Those questions aren't just for those of us with more years behind us than in front. I fear for our country and see the same issues we never had to deal with before.

Hi Overs.
We are well and our community is pulling together a bit more easily than many as we have five major active duty major military bases here and Space command. We still have many poor, and despite having legal weed, many drug addicts from opioid addictions that started out legal and then withdrawn forcing dangerous cold turkey withdrawal or to go from a law abiding citizen to a heroin user almost overnight. They may be a bit of a problem with no drugs and no income/food. In that respect us retirees are fortunate. I cashed out of the market at the end of 2018 , and moved just in time. We'll have to wait and see.
Big snowstorm Thursday and all dry and sunny again. Weather went from 60s back to the mid 20s and in the coming week will be spring like again. The hoarders here are slowing, and we can get what we need between the civilian stores and military commissaries. I hope all of you are finding the panic slowing.

Hang in there guys. Be safe.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:22 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats, Mags! Today marks 10 years and 9 months for me.

Had some excitement at work on Friday. Someone alerted us that there was a homeless woman sleeping under our stairwell (the emergency one outside the building). We called the police and they asked her to move along. She came back about an hour later, so the cops came again. They told us that they've been dealing with her around town for almost a year now. She refuses to get help and won't go to a shelter. I feel bad for her, but this is private property and we just can't have her hanging around all the time.

I made the mistake of watching a ton of news on Friday night about the virus. I woke up yesterday feeling a lot of anxiety and fear. Luckily, about 15 showed up to my online meeting yesterday and talked me down from the ledge. I slept the best I have in awhile and feel much more relaxed this morning. I hit the local mom & pop grocery store and they even had my preferred brand of toilet paper in stock! Things are looking up.

Have a Super (Safe) Sunday, overs!
Old 03-22-2020, 08:25 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10.9 years FBL!!! Glad your friends at the meeting were helpful....that's why I've been watching the "Too Cute" marathon on Animal Planet instead
Old 03-22-2020, 10:17 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hi everyone -

apologies about the double post - I was juggling distractedly at the end.

FBL - congrats on 10 + 9. Glad you are feeling more grounded again.

Star - hope the crowd control works. A local mom and pop here decided to keep their first 2 hours open each day for seniors only so that they know they will find items in stock and can avoid the crowds. Hearing that brightened my day. I don’t know how well it is being used, but I would like to see the larger chains adopt something similar.

Yup, the anti-potty force is strong in this one.

The reason why I have 3 potties to begin with is bc I’ve screwed up potty introduction 2x already, and she likes her potty chair too much to make a mess in it. So I keep trying to buy different potties that she isn’t so attached to them.

The first, basic one simply became her favorite toy - she liked to take it apart and put things inside of it, etc - envision stacking cups meets a 3D puzzle. She gets cranky when it’s not around.

So I got a totally different looking potty #2 - this one with a high back and arms. This time I sat her on it and gave her some books to read while she sat, which I was supposed to do per the parenting lit so she would relax. Well, relax she did - and after about 10 mins, she found the plastic a little hard and maybe cold, so she covered it with her fuzziesr, cuddliest blanket, and basically made it into her comfy reading chair. She put it next to my rocking chair and reads on it for about an hour a day, and anytime I take the blanket off, she puts it right back on. It’s basically her lazy boy.

the 3rd one is new and looks like a mini adult potty and has a lid. She has figured out that she can use it as a stepping stool to stand on wash her hands (which is now why we are washing our hands all the time)

I am definitely NOT buying a 4th potty!!!!!

Happy to report that Stuffed bunny is now potty trained (by baby K today), proving that baby K is a much better teacher than her mom at this point.

We will see what tomorrow brings.... Happy Monday. Please stay safe.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:53 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

FBL, I’m pleased you’re anxiety passed with the help of your group.

SE, gosh you made me chuckle with Baby K’s potty training. I recall my friend having something you put on the adult toilet for baby/young ones. She may not want to make the ‘real’ toilet into a toy! ...Then again, baby K seems very innovative.

I’ve gotta stay home for at least 12 weeks, the prime minister says the ‘at risk’ people have to social shield, stay home. Asthma U.K. sent an email outlining who was at risk and I’m the categories, twice! Ive been expecting it and have been isolating and being so careful. Now I just stay home..no face to face contact with anyone...thankfully we have the internet.
I’m going to think of it as a 12 week holiday of being cocooned (got that word off you, Sass) and a rest.

Take care and lots of love and hugs xx
Old 03-23-2020, 12:09 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Hi Andy normal tuning and playing shouldn't be a problem for any decent guitar.
That's the problem, comparing the construction of my wife's guitar with a child size guitar we have, my wife's has 'less' all round. The glue where the neck meets the body has let the joint hinge forward. The glue holding the string anchor plate to the body has let the anchor lift. It's played it's last.

DD has a new guitar ordered.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:10 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It's for your safety Mags, and I am glad that the government advised for you to shelter. We don't have shelter in place yet, but I see it coming. We had a death at a local hospital yesterday of an older person. It's becoming a little more real. It is surreal waking up each day not knowing what it will bring.

Glad to be doing this sober!