Notices

One Year & Over Part 73

Old 03-27-2020, 10:10 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Thanks for the wishes for Sassykitty

SE, I think our little ones have so little control over their lives that it’s healthy for them to feel they can control some things. Not very soothing for parents, though
Old 03-27-2020, 12:13 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sassy, sending love and hugs to you and sassykitty xxxx
Old 03-27-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hope Sassy kitty isn't too ill Sass. I know these are uncertain times, I also know you have come through worse. You and your sweet kitty are in my thoughts.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:17 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Saskia - Said like a wise parent. You have a lovely way of putting the her majesty' Baby K's reign into perspective . Sending you another hug and good thoughts for your little one.

V - I'm so sorry about that. And that's really funny!

SG - Thinking of you and sending you good thoughts too. I haven't left the house - and I consider that a luxury.

Still, I just had a low moment out of no where - happy you guys are here to check in with....

Today is baby K's second bday, but I didn't put the effort into doing anything special (which I think I am now regretting). We ate soup, and sang happy birthday, and now I'm sitting in a quiet kitchen with the 5 balloons and it feels a little depressing. No doubt, a poke of sadness for all the missed things.

I'll have a party in a few months, but I think it hit me that they grow so fast at this age that she will have changed by then.

I'm already starting to feel better by being able to check in. Sometimes I get caught off guard by these little moments unexpectedly, then the wave passes.

I hope everyone decides to do something this weekend that 'sparks joy'.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:48 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Well i put on my big girl pants, and decided to make the afternoon festive.

I found a white table cloth and a few flowers, and gathered K’s stuffed animals, and we had a little picnic party after she woke up from her nap. She had a blast pretending to feed her stuffed animal friends, etc. We had a ton of fun with our make believe bday party.

As I was putting her to bed tonight, she sang happy birthday to herself, so I think she had a good bday.

Nite/morning everyone
Old 03-28-2020, 12:14 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Best wishes for Sassy Kitty.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:38 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Belated birthday greeting to baby K. My great niece had a virtual 4th birthday party earlier in the week her amazing parents made it such a wonderful day for her.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:00 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

SE, I think a teddy bear’s picnic sounds wonderful for baby K’s 2nd birthday. ❤️

Toots, your niece will always remember her virtual 4th birthday. ❤️

I’ve been busy having a virtual look in the Sistine chapel, a ride in a gondola, a run on a beach in Hawaii (it was great seeing and hearing the sea) then another beach, I wonder where I can go next.

Have a good day my friends...stay safe xxxx
Old 03-28-2020, 02:56 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

What a sweet idea SE

Checking in.....Feel free to hop on the Soberbus with us too, if U guys are looking for something to do
Old 03-28-2020, 03:36 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

It’s lovely to hear the moments of sunshine in coping with all of this! Sharing the whole range from awful to sublime helps all of us, I think.

Thank you for the well wishes for Sassykitty. I found out how I can get vet care during this pandemic and feel grateful for that. I am feeding her less at a time and will see how that goes for the weekend.

Mags, love your virtual adventures

Someone in our community came up with the idea to put thank you messages to the staff on our apartment doors. Great idea - these folks are amazing and we are so very fortunate that they still come in every day.

Have a safe and imaginative day to all!
Old 03-28-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I've seen online that lately some vet clinics are having clients wait in their cars instead of in the waiting room....then the nurse comes out to pick up your pet...curbside service!
Old 03-28-2020, 05:54 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SereneEdition View Post
Well i put on my big girl pants, and decided to make the afternoon festive.

I found a white table cloth and a few flowers, and gathered K’s stuffed animals, and we had a little picnic party after she woke up from her nap. She had a blast pretending to feed her stuffed animal friends, etc. We had a ton of fun with our make believe bday party.

As I was putting her to bed tonight, she sang happy birthday to herself, so I think she had a good bday.

Nite/morning everyone
Sorry love, I nearly fell asleep in my dinner last night....missed this.
What a lovely party for your baby. s

Old 03-28-2020, 01:07 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey overs, we’re holding up fine in the Rockies.

Sassy,
I am feeling for you in a big way. Having your world shrunken down more for Sassy kitty must make you feel helpless indeed until you found vets are available. I would hope she gets better and can keep you company through this Covid pandemic. I think it's a terrific idea to acknowledge the folks taken for granted usually like your OFH staff. We may just be a bunch of reformed alkies to some, but to each other, we're a sort of refuge from the false fronts we feel imposed on us until we're old enough to not care, yet still be kind. Gratitude isn't enough, we've got to pay it forward. Y'all do us all proud.

Happy B-Day baby K! SE, it is not the trappings of a party that count. It's the attention given. Having a whole afternoon to play party and be the focus of a mother's love is the ultimate lesson to teach them, and they never realize what they've learned, how to live and love, until they find themselves giving to an other. (sp int)

Mags,
You make great lemonade.

Napster,
We lived in Germany for from 1990 to 1997 on assignment with the US Air Force and loved to tour the old Abbeys and Monasteries all over Continental Europe. Those were some of our favorite places, even though we don’t do religion. The cathedrals all over are also history immersions. Now have to get reacquainted with Colorado after we finish making our house our own. We lived here when I taught at the AF Academy 1978-1981. It is unrecognizable today! When we retired the first time I was 45 and we hit the road to wander North America for 7 years full time RVing. Home was where we parked it. We toured all of N. America West of the Mississippi and from Mexico up to and including a season in Alaska. No schedule. We were like we were just on a week’s vacation rushing around the first year like we had to get back to work soon. Most were 20 years older than us as most retire after 60. Two things they told me were 1. Go back to work, you’re too young to be retired! And 2, you don’t know how to be retired rushing around. It took a year to “learn” how to be retired. So this year is our 23rd year retired with a four year break to help build a friend’s company. The big difference is learning to help others in other ways than the work/career structure. Y’all will make it fine.

FBL,
I hope you’re fine too, just busy.

Dee, Toots, Star, Suze and all the rest, stay well, safe and loving life! I am.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Yes Itchy love....also loving life. s xx
And sending massive love your way s xx ❤️
Old 03-28-2020, 09:18 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thx everyone for K’s bday wishes I appreciate all your notes.

Toots - glad your 4 year old niece got to enjoy a day that made her feel very special

Mags - Wow, what an adventure.

Purps - Thx for the tip

V - what a lovely card! Thx! Hope you had better dreams.

itchy - 9 years in Germany, and a year leering the west. Sounds wonderful Did you get to learn German, or are most things in English being on the base? Half my husbands family speaks German, but I have yet to try.

Im feeling happily tired after a good day today. So one quick K story and to bed.

My husband’s dance group did a zoom dance party this afternoon - K got so excited to see all the people on the screen that she stood in front of the computer waiving and saying ‘hi people’ for close to 30 mins with a super excited smile and dancing. People love a dancing, smiling, friendly baby (who admittedly isn’t a baby anymore). K never went through stranger danger - she lights up when she meets new people, so this was AMAZING for her

Old 03-28-2020, 10:19 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Sassy, hope you and sassy kitty are doing well.

Itchy, good to know you and your SO and Maggie are well and enjoying life.

SE, your husbands zoom dance party sounds fun and I can see baby K loved it all.❤️

Well, yesterday late afternoon I went for a (virtual) drive along the Amalfi coast. Leigh kept me company (SoberLeigh). It was beautiful day with blue skies and a sea so calm it looked like a mill pond.
I’d forgotten how winding the roads were though so I took the speed down a notch and we enjoyed the scenery with the slight breeze whispering by. Very enjoyable indeed.

Have a good Sunday and take care of yourselves...stay safe my friends. xxxx
Old 03-28-2020, 10:32 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats awesome SE

D
Old 03-28-2020, 11:51 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:11 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Seconding Andy's thoughts.

Enjoy the day all!
Old 03-29-2020, 01:05 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

The Amalfi coast route sounds fun Mags! Glad you had company on the drive too!

I miss dancing SE, but it's something my knee strongly objects to.

Have a happy Sunday everyone, here in the U.K. lockdown is an hour shorter today!!