Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 7

Old 02-16-2020, 12:29 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Trudging, I hear your devastation but I’m also so impressed with how you’re handling this so far... checking in with us, leaning on family and maintaining your sobriety. You’re doing awesome and I hope you know how much we all support you.

Briansy, I’m sorry you drank but glad you’re back here with us. I hope you keep posting in this thread, even if you also join the February class.

Day 105? I think? Or 106 for me. I’m doing ok, I had another fight with my bf this morning, that’s two Sundays in a row. We left it okay and agreed there are some things we both need to work on. I think it’s just growing pains from our first couple months living together? I hope. We are so happy most of the time.

I went to a Drew Barrymore movie marathon after that, but could only stay for the first two movies (Firestarter and Riding in Cars with Boys) because I really want to go get my hair done before dinner with his family tonight. Will check back later. Hugs to everyone.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

oooooo, what did you have done with your hair? s

I'm sorry about the fight, but I think you are spot on....it's just the learning curve when you move in together....and leaving it the way you did is great. It sucks tho....hopefully dinner will be lovely and it will all be forgotten. s ❤️
Old 02-16-2020, 12:34 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I have a new movie to watch if I finish up everything today: I See You. But I fear it is too scary for me.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:39 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

SBTS, I've never e-met anyone who likes movies so much. I'm not a super movie fan, but here's some favs:
Body Heat
Zodiac, David Fincher
Ed Wood
After Hours, Scorsese
Old 02-16-2020, 12:58 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I hadn't considered going in to the Feb thread, I like it here! Trying not to beat myself up too much but the shame is hard to avoid. Just need to tweak things for a better life.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:09 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Ok good! I’m so glad you’re not leaving us, bc I really feel like this has just kinda become a little family regardless of sobriety dates.

and thanks Suze
Old 02-16-2020, 01:14 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

And Tiles those are some good movies! Especially Body Heat.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:26 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 116.

I'm so sorry to hear the news Trudging. Praying that it's not as bad as you're probably thinking it is right now. I think it's typical to think worst case scenario, but try not to go there. Good luck with your appointments.

Briansy, sorry to hear that you drank. So happy that you came back and are going to stay with us. You can do this!!

Hope you all had a good weekend in spite of everything going on. It's a long weekend here in Canada (Family Day). I work from home and my husband is retired so it doesn't really make a difference for us. It's suppose to snow tomorrow so we won't be doing much anyways.

Heading to bed now.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Briansy View Post
I hadn't considered going in to the Feb thread, I like it here! Trying not to beat myself up too much but the shame is hard to avoid. Just need to tweak things for a better life.
Its not a punishment to move to the February thread and it should never be thought of as shameful

It can often be useful to be with people at the same point you are and, even tho its probably not as comfortable as this thread is for you, a little discomfort is not always a bad thing.

that being said - there are no rules.

You can join the February thread or not, or stay here, or join both.

whatever you think is best supportive of your continued recovery Briansy.

D
Old 02-17-2020, 01:22 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Its not a punishment to move to the February thread and it should never be thought of as shameful

It can often be useful to be with people at the same point you are and, even tho its probably not as comfortable as this thread is for you, a little discomfort is not always a bad thing.

that being said - there are no rules.

You can join the February thread or not, or stay here, or join both.

whatever you think is best supportive of your continued recovery Briansy.

D
Hi Dee, no, moving to Feb is def not something I would consider shameful at all. More that I was feeling shame yesterday generally. I guess the two things linked up in the message. I'll stick here though as I think there's only so many threads I can give my attention to. And I like this bunch.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:15 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hello all, feeling weary today which is no surprise as I didn't eat any food on Saturday. Just straight boozing and a lot of anger I got about 4 hours sleep last night but mostly felt like my brain was being melted in a microwave all night. I know that time will heal me and before long I'll be feeling chipper and optimistic again. Just have to get through days like today. My good friend Leonie and her lovely Dog Dave are coming to visit me this weekend. We will eat vegan food and go for walks and do good, clean things. It's a blessing I have that this weekend to get me past this initial anxiety filled stage. Hope you're all well and please don't any of you even consider drinking! UGH!!
Old 02-17-2020, 06:30 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hello dear Briansy. s

I only ever got smashed once or twice and didn't eat.....gosh......it was horrendous.

I bet in a day or so this awful feeling of depression will completely lift, and as you said, you have a lovely weekend to look forward to.

Someone in another thread was saying that they drank yesterday, and consequently wrote a note to themselves so they won't forget how absolutely awful this is. I think it's a great idea. You could keep it in your wallet and it will be a tool that helps to keep you safe forever.

I hope you feel better as the day goes on and I really hope you are eating! s ❤️
Old 02-17-2020, 06:46 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Forced myself to eat, Suze. Both yesterday and today. Was a good idea. I'll be fine. It was all contained within a 24 hour period which is at least something.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:48 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I really think you will feel physically OK in a day or so. s
Old 02-17-2020, 06:50 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Me too, Suze. It helps that I nipped it in the bud and didn't drink past 6PM on Saturday.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:15 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

back from california last night. Super sick. I really really really hope its not coronavirus.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:22 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Oh no love....God forbid. I am sure it isn't. s

What are your symptoms? Actually, scrap that question and call your doctor right now please love. I would. s xxxx
Old 02-17-2020, 07:28 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good morning dearest trudging ~ you are on my mind and in my heart every moment. s ❤️

And I forgot to say hello to lovely Magnum. s ❤️

Morning dear SBTS. s ❤️

I saw the biggest cat ever jumping out of my yard so fast this morning....no clue how....huge cat and way too chubby.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:33 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks, Tiles, and all others who have provided moral support. I am shaking like a leaf this morning; I see my oncologist at 10 am, California time today (BTW Tiles, I don't think it's the coronavirus!) I will know a lot more after that. I am assuming chemo/radiation and maybe gamma knife surgery (for the brain). I have been crying all weekend. My sister came over yesterday,; I haven't seen her in ages, and we cried together....then, of course, sje brought up the "Calif. Right to Die Act". It's already in my trust. I have a lot to do before this nightmare begins. I do all the finances for one, so I have to teach hubby. He has been so supportive, but now it's kinda a wait and see....I'll touch base after the oncologist today.....Have a good Monday all!
Old 02-17-2020, 07:40 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Oh love. A bit too early to be talking about some of that stuff hey. s
Just more prayers....and I think I mentioned that I read up as much as I could, and I think you are likely on the right track with your guesses. We will see huh....I hope your husband is going with you to your appt love. s ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sending you calm through cyberspace....and so many cuddles. xxxx