Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 7

Old 02-12-2020, 03:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of November 2019 Part 7

last part

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-6-a-20.html (Class of November 2019 Part 6)

D
Old 02-12-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee and your ongoing support
And thanks for all your wisdom Suze
And thanks everyone else for being here ❤️

Sorry I haven’t been posting much, just very sad family times and dealing with more grief and loss, both my uncle and my fur baby I don’t really want to talk about it because I just cry all the time anyway. Still crying over losing Mum especially, and Dad too, but now more grief piled on top of a mountain of grief. Sometimes life just totally sucks when you lose loved ones. But I’m not drinking, although I have been seriously tempted these last days

Congratulations on 102 days SBTS!

Welcome back JimiC! 10 days is great. I fell off the wagon too, but got back on it on 1st January. The AV is relentless, we just have to keep squashing it

Good to see you posting Briansy good luck with the coffee date

Nice to see you too Joy, 116 days is awesome!

Welcome TravisP !

Tiles you’re an inspiration

Hope you sort the tax stuff out Trudging
Old 02-12-2020, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry Willow darling. s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Love you so very much.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am so sorry Willow darling. s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Love you so very much.
Thanks beautiful ❤️ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-13-2020, 01:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Willow, sounds like a tough ol' time for you at the mo, sorry to hear it. Funny how not drinking is more about just not exacerbating those bad feelings but a source of pride and strength in and of itself. Hope you're viewing it that way and that at least that helps. Knackered today after my rowing. Was in like a 1000 calorie deficit yesterday, a bit much to be honest. And I could feel it last night. Just too tired. Anyway, having a kinda chilled week here otherwise, doing very little real work. Gotta pump myself up next week and get back on it!
Old 02-13-2020, 02:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Briansy. I was sorely tempted to drink. A lot. But somehow I managed to not drink. It was a tough battle with the AV today, but I’m going to bed sober. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Night night everyone
Old 02-13-2020, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear of your losses Willow, but well done on not drinking over it.

Briansy, good job on your workouts!

Day 103 for me and checking in quick before work. I have a lot to get done today, I wanted to go in early but I really needed a full night of sleep so I didn't. I do feel much better today though which I'm really happy about. It seems I've managed to kick whatever I was coming down with, and not get full-blown sick.

Tonight after work I have "drinks" (obviously I won't be drinking) for my friend who is leaving the organization. He's a close friend of mine and I was charged with organizing the event, so I can't skip out on it, but I'm not worried about temptation in this environment. I'm going to go, have a Coke, some delicious snacks (I picked a place with good food), and then I have a ticket to see Fatal Attraction at 7 pm (I'm SO EXCITED! I love that movie). So I'll have to leave the event by 6:30, and will probably even leave earlier if I feel like I can get away with it.

Have a good day everyone
Old 02-13-2020, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great stuff! Glad to hear all are well...hang in there JOY....you've got this! I just returned from CT scans of my chest. THREE attempts to insert the IV...and I HATE needles! I actually started crying after the second unsuccessful attempt....but hey, it's done! Yesterday I had a banking crisis that I will still work on today, and hope that I can fix it. I wanted to transfer $400.00 and ended up typing in $4000.00! Hopefully it will show up in my account and I can fix it
I did meet with my CPA yesterday, and I gave him all of the numbers that I had. He wants me to wait to file though, because he said that I should have more 1099s coming. For our normal folks, tax deadline is April 15th, but I always try to do them earlier.....ah well, I shall "wait and see". Have a great, sober day everyone!
Old 02-13-2020, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh you poor love....I would have cried as well. In fact I did cry last time I had blood taken because the woman hurt me big time. s

Glad you got the taxes almost sorted. xxx
Old 02-13-2020, 10:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Had another wobble today. Working from home tomorrow and then the weekend. Was very close to buying booze on the way home and settling in for a 2 day binge. But I didn't - I ordered a large amount of takeout delivery and am now waiting for it. Need a good night's sleep and to reset. Funny thing is: I am happy right now - not unsettled or anything. I just get bored and a bit irritable every now and again and the old feelings just rise up. Anyway, averted for now. Hope tomorrow is better.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you got past the wobbly love. s

Sometimes it isn't even feelings that trigger the must buy booze responses.....it can be associations that you barely even notice....or ones like this.....oooo, 3 days at home....no one will see me....I can drink.....errr....what?
Old 02-13-2020, 10:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sometimes it isn't even feelings that trigger the must buy booze responses.....it can be associations that you barely even notice....or ones like this.....oooo, 3 days at home....no one will see me....I can drink.....errr....what?
100%, Suze. Strengthen those sober muscles by not giving in. And slowly they fade to the point of nothingness? Not too slowly I hope!
Old 02-13-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good for you, Briansy! Wobbly is a good word! We ordered chinese last night for dinner...leftovers tonight!
Old 02-13-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I’m sorry as well Willow.

I just got out of a procedure with my periodontist. I realize that medical stuff is a trigger for me. Like whew I made it through that, let’s drink. Instead drove straight to meet my friend at the gym. Just waiting for my mouth to function again before I go inside lol.

Great to see all the posts and everybody staying sober!
Old 02-13-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

And I go to the locker room and I forgot my gym shorts! Well there’s a flea market next door so I bought a pair. Adapt and overcome haha.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad you're alright Jimi. s xx
Old 02-13-2020, 12:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimiC View Post
And I go to the locker room and I forgot my gym shorts! Well there’s a flea market next door so I bought a pair. Adapt and overcome haha.
Very good!!! Cudda thrown in the towel and gotten drunk. Well done!
Old 02-13-2020, 12:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well done all, on not drinking in challenging circumstances

Heading off to "drinks" at 4:30. My mission is to stick to Diet Coke and/or seltzer with lime so I can have whatever I want for dinner in the movie later. I've eaten really well again today, and I don't want to blow it on happy hour snacks. Would rather blow it on movie food. LOL!

I'll check back later
Old 02-13-2020, 01:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

So I've calmed right down and pleased I've weathered another storm. SBTS, I need to go to the movies more. I just wish I had your amazing options! You're going along well and solid as a rock. Well done.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

So glad you are ok love.
9.30pm fo you yes?
Good tv on around then usually.....I hope your take away was awesome.

So you say take out in London now?
Like they do here....

Still hard for me to not say take away. xx