Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 6

Old 01-15-2020, 03:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have a pretty sizable collection of Blu rays. I think it's kind of nice to have the physical media, although certainly not necessary these days.

Trudging, I could certainly go and drink tonic and lime, and have made it through many events in the past doing that. I just know that I'd be uncomfortable. Parties aren't any fun for me when they're focused on drinking. I don't like being around a bunch of people drinking, and I am also kind of an introvert and don't love socializing in a big crowd in the first place (part of the reason I used to drink to fake being more extroverted.) I just find it all rather mentally exhausting. If I could go briefly and leave after an hour, I would, but I feel like this awards ceremony is going to make timing my departure difficult. I'd rather just skip the whole thing.

Home now, time for dinner. (Finally!) Back in a bit
Old 01-15-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

All that matters is that you are not going SBTS (which I think is a wise decision)....you will work out the best way to handle it over the next few days. s ❤️
Old 01-15-2020, 04:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks Tiles

I would like you to stay Tap. I enjoy reading your posts, and I can relate to not feeling like you fit in. I don’t feel like I fit in either. I’ve always felt a bit like an imposter in my whole life. I feel like that a bit here too. What right do I have posting here anyway? I only have 16 days sober, I’m not technically a class of November-ite anymore because I drank in December... but I’m here anyway.

I also feel like I’m just existing mostly, not really living. But I’ve decided I need to find things that make me feel “alive“. Like Dee and Suze say, we need to find what brings us joy. I don’t know what yet, but I’ve started properly looking, and I’ll keep you posted if/when I find these things. I’m thinking experiences in nature. I think perhaps climbing a mountain, or doing a treetops walk in a forest to start with. I’m petrified of heights, so I reckon that might make me feel rather alive, even if I’m scared out of my wits lol. The emotions of early sobriety are a real roller coaster ride. Hmmm I might just have to go on a real roller coaster.... I’m scared of them too. I read a book once called “Feel the fear and do it anyway “. I think it’s still in my bookshelf somewhere. I’m going to find it and read it again.

Well done surfing the urge Trudging. I’ve been doing a bit of surfing too lately lol. I’m glad they got your dogs ears sorted out with the antibiotics!

Briansy that’s great on the purchase and that your business partner suggested Maccas and as for Tuesday, as Suze said, check in with SR before you go, during, and after, and use the support that’s here if you feel tempted at all...

hi Joy! Where’s Aruba? Sounds exotic well done on not drinking amidst all that drinking, and getting to 87 days!

And 46 days Briansy

And 74 days SBTS well done! I wouldn’t go to the work do either I don’t think.... too risky for me.

Suze I hope you’re feeling better soon

I’ve booked 2 nights away next weekend for my partner and myself. We have about a 4-5 hour drive and then we’re staying in the forest for a couple of nights. I’m going to look for a fun adventure to do while we’re there, something that gets a little adrenaline pumping, that might be a treetop walk, or something involving heights or going fast... I just want to do something exciting for a change. I’m sick of being a scaredy cat and not feeling alive. So I’m excited just thinking about stepping outside my comfort zone for a change lol
Old 01-15-2020, 04:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh goodness.... I’ve done it again.

Sorry for the novel everyone.

Once I get started, I can’t seem to stop.
I always got told I talk too much
Old 01-15-2020, 04:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

We love the novels.....hush love. You are wonderful.
I was just thinking how good it is to really hear you talking..... (so the opposite of hush ). s ❤️
Old 01-15-2020, 04:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Aww thanks Suze
I’ve been so busy the last couple of weeks!
Today is the first day this year that I’m not feeling overwhelmed trying to get everything done! Phew, it’s good to have a break
Old 01-15-2020, 04:41 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

That's wonderful to hear love. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 01-16-2020, 02:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Willow you’re definitely not an impostor. I’m pretty sure only like 2-3 of the regular posters here actually have November 2019 sobriety dates (me and briansy and I want to say trudging... apologies for anyone I am forgetting.) I don’t think it matters and I enjoy your novels
Old 01-16-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Willow, loved your post - I felt like an impostor at AA but not here. If you can't feel comfortable in your own skin on SR then where can you?! And I really like these daily support threads cos you guys listen and offer feedback without judgement - on the rest of the forum I'm wary of posting for fear of being subtly attacked for not being committed enough to my sobriety cos I'm not working a programme. I like stream of consciousness posts here people just talk about what's going on in their heads no matter how mundane. I think that's the point of these...
Old 01-16-2020, 02:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think most of us can identify with imposter syndrome.

None of us is faking it here tho - this is a place to be real honest open and authentic - it's a safe place

D
Old 01-16-2020, 07:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Briansy. s xx
Old 01-16-2020, 07:38 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think most of us can identify with imposter syndrome.

None of us is faking it here tho - this is a place to be real honest open and authentic - it's a safe place

D
I feel it is. This thread has been hugely helpful to me and I feel like I am more comfortable in my sobriety as a result of it. That's pretty big really!
Old 01-16-2020, 07:40 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hi Briansy. s xx
Hello Suze! How's your jaw / tooth / teeth?
Old 01-16-2020, 08:00 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Not good. I am going to hop off the computer. s
Hope you have a great evening love. xx
Old 01-16-2020, 10:55 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Oh that is so crap. Hope it gets sorted soon. Life is hard enough!
Old 01-16-2020, 11:04 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well....the situation is: I am to continue the antibiotics for now....they can't do anything with the infection this bad, and then try to save the tooth. I am very bad with this stuff so I apologise for being a giant wuss.

This is where ALL of my recovery tools come into play....acceptance, faith, leaning on other people....telling the truth about my fears....and knowing that no matter how it is right now, it will be OK.

One way or the other....it is not the end of the world. Just painful.
I need to be patient.

How are you love? xx
Old 01-16-2020, 12:14 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Well, we all have our triggers and stressors. Damn.

I'm great thanks, Suze. Had a good day today. Getting through January well but feeling the darkness a bit and looking forward to the Spring!
Old 01-16-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yeah, I hear you...Spring will be divine. s xx
Old 01-16-2020, 12:51 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze, SBTS, Briansy, Dee for your kind words
I do feel comfortable here. SR is such a huge support for me. There’s no way I could have got sober or stay sober without SR, and I appreciate all of your posts

Suze I hope your jaw settles down really soon. And I hope they can save the tooth. But even if it does have to go, they can do amazing things with teeth these days. A friend of mine has had a couple of teeth replaced with dental implants. Amazing stuff. She thought she would need false teeth but they implanted new ones into her jaw and they’re as good as the original ones, it’s incredible. Hopefully you don’t need that, but I just wanted to say that the skills they have these days are really amazing

Today I’m working again although I could easily stay in bed all day. We had thunder last night that kept me awake so I’m very tired this morning. But we had a little rain too! Glorious rain, and the birds are chirping so loudly this morning, they must be so happy about the rain too ❤️
Old 01-16-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, great to catch up on your posts. Suze (can I call you that, we were never properly introduced, but everyone seems to call you Suze), anyhoo, sorry about your dental disaster.
Willow, treetop walking sounds great. I have never heard of that before, but I think I know what it is.
Briansy, glad to see you're doing well in London. So many things I'd see if I was there: Harrods, Jack the Ripper murder sites (I know, creepy), roman ruins, old Globe theater, and of course rock history places, Olympic Studios, EMI recording at Abbey Road, Who related stuff like Twickenham Studios, Kinks studio Kong. . . the list goes on and on . In the bad old days I would have gone to see where famous rock clubs like Bag O Nails and Speakeasy were located (I know they're long gone), but today I wouldn't be much interested in that aspect because of the drinking. I've been there when I was really little, I'm embarrassed to say how long ago it was. . . let me put it this way, we ate at the Great American Disaster, and I remember a memorial in Hyde park where an IRA bomb went off and killed some dignitary.
I remember we had some kind of curry at a place that was soooo good I can still remember it decades later. It was really yummy. I was about 13 when I was in London.