Class of November 2019 Part 6

Old 01-16-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope things get better soon Suze

D
Old 01-16-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thank you....it will be alright....just need to face my dentist fear, and that is now OK....I found a lovely dentist. We can do hard things. Oh yes we can. s xxxxxxx
Old 01-16-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sorry about your tooth Suze Dental pain is honestly the worst kind, in my opinion.

Day 75 over here. Everything is going okay, work is busy, my bf is busy too and he's working late tonight but we've been very happy together this week. It's so nice that he hasn't been constantly out with friends and we're spending more time together, this is really more like what I hoped living together would be like.

I'm still doing intermittent fasting, it's a bit distracting during the day at work as my fasting window gets near its end, but today was a lot easier than yesterday and I'm sure it'll settle down. I'm down to a 5 hour eating window from 4-9 pm, so basically a little snack, whatever I want for dinner and then dessert. It seems like it's working well so far and I'm looking forward to seeing how the journey continues.

Hope everyone else is doing well this evening, will check back later
Old 01-16-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey Tiles.....I love your memories. I am from the 60s, so
Yeah, of course call me Suze. xx s

And hi lovely SBTS.....glad the home life is settling down nicely.... s xx
Old 01-16-2020, 03:11 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Off topic.....my new avatar makes my heart sing....my fav memory of Venus ever as she slept on the table while I used the computer....it's enough time now that it is just joy to remember her.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:13 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

d
Old 01-16-2020, 03:24 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

sbts, huge congrats on 75 days. You're really getting into some really nice numbers now. I remember really turning a corner after about 60 days and again at 90. At one year my sobriety was pretty much running itself, although even today I remain vigilant.

I couldn't do the intermittent fasting, if I don't eat I get hangry really fast. There's some times I can skip a meal, but overall if I don't have some form of protein, I crash really fast and I'm not productive, and in a worse case scenario I get a really bad headache.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

'grats on 75 days SBTS

D
Old 01-16-2020, 03:58 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey all! today was a whammy! 9:00 am neurologist appt., 11:00am, neurosurgeon appt., then to the pharmacy to pick up prescribed med and FINALLY home! I can't remember who said it, but thanks for acknowledging my continued sobriety: They have scheduled an MRI of my brain and my neck. I could hardly get off of the plane, due to neck pain, when we flew to our "vacation" spot. (LOL). have had neck pain for years; doctors say that spine in neck should be straight. Mine is like a question mark! At any rate, I went to the lab yesterday to color match my implant;should be put in FINALLY tomorrow at 9 am. Venus, I am SO afraid of dentists that I won't even have a cleaning without nitrous oxide!!!!

As for DVDs....hubby is STILL in 2002!!! (LOL)...BUT, I would rather that he hibernate in the bedroom watching old westerns than to have to live with him watching them too!

Doggie is MUCH better, but cost to remove lumps, bumps, etc. is a little over $2000. Hubby doesn't agree to have them all removed...but the person with the most money wins We shall see what happens. SBTS....whatever makes you feel good...DO IT! We are all in this together, and I am sure that we will all support the decision you make
Old 01-16-2020, 03:59 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Where is my head? Yey on 75 days SBTS.....and honestly girl, being a part of your journey is a major blessing. Really. ❤️

And to be honest I feel the same way re mouth/dental pain...it is the worst, and I have had bone tumors. It is just terribly uncomfortable.....but I am very calm and that is doing wonders. Relaxed jaw. xxxxxxxxxxx s
Old 01-16-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Not much on DVDs, but forget 2002, I'm still in 1996. I still buy CDs by the ton. I like the physical medium instead of streaming. I rip 'em onto various mp3 players and make playlists for driving, running, biking, around the house, etc.

i am so happy you are taking care of your dogster. Mrs. Tiles says some breeds are prone to tumors and lumps and so forth.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:14 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

venuscat I love the photo of your dear Venus. Cats just love sunshine and boxes! I sometimes wish our lives were that simple.

P.S. I'm terrified of dentists as well. I can't remember the last time I had a cleaning or check up. I've decided that I need to bite the bullet and make an appointment. I would rather deal with my fears of the dentist and get my teeth looked after then get them all pulled out for dentures because I didn't. I got a waterpik for Christmas and I wanted to get my teeth and gums in good shape before I make an appointment. You motivated me though. I'll call tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:43 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Trudging, it just has to be done, the money has to be spent to make that doggy better!

Suze - good stuff on being stoic and cracking on. I would expect nothing less!

Day 49 here, had a super busy morning in work and feeling great.

SBTS, I'm on your trick today - no breakfast (totally fine) and now no lunch. I'll try to get to 6 PM then feast like a king! Well, I'll have 17 or 1800 calories - I won't really go BIG - BIG would be a large Domino's and fresh donuts with sugar - about 3 of them - haha. Maybe I'll do something like that on a big milestone. 3 months will be the next big one for me. But I'm in unchartered territory as we speak so it's all good stuff at the mo...

I don't know if I'm on a "pink cloud" or not at the mo. I feel that I'm not actually and that a large part of my satisfaction day to day is coming from working well, controlling my eating and getting plenty of walking in. Everything else kinda takes care of itself when you have that underlying sense of pride that in general you have your **** together for once! And the change caused by the no gambling can't be overstated. Man that had me locked in a rut for sure...

Once again, the pet talk is making me pine for one. It's just such a commitment...
Old 01-17-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

With you all the way Briansy.....I never got any pink cloud at all.....I just felt better and better inside and out as I did the work....as I re-entered life.

And re being stoic, to be honest, it's a first....I am usually a complete wuss for months with medical stuff. But this is what happens when you don't face your fears, as Magnum said...if I had gone to the dentist years ago, or even 2 years ago when I dislocated my jaw (fell on the ice), then this tooth would still be ok. Now It is most definitely not. I am learning the lesson once and for all....no more putting things off medically. I didn't come this far to fall apart because I am afraid of doctors and dentists.

And good on you Magnum love.

And 49 days dear Briansy....just wow love. That's wonderful.

Old 01-17-2020, 08:06 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Well, I get to go to the periodontist AGAIN this morning for the final crown on my implant. I have been waiting for it for months! THEN I get to have a cleaning, PLUS, my dog somehow got hold of my night-guard (since I grind my teeth during the night...every night. He chewed on it, without our knowledge (of course) and it is now in pieces....no longer usable. I went to a neurologist and neurosurgeon yesterday. MRI scans will be done on my brain/neck, due to severe neck pain....Neurosurgeon wants results of MRI, once I have it done....probably next week. I am so tired of going to various doctors! These are definitely NOT the "golden years!

Venus, I hate going to doctors/dentists, but you're right. By putting things off, they just become worse. My cancer was diagnosed by accident, when I went to the ER for vomiting. It could have metastasized had I not been it the ER....for that I am very grateful. Well gotta go...to the dentist! Have a good day all!
Old 01-17-2020, 08:08 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thinking of you love. Hope it is all over and done quickly today. s
I know....it won't be. s
I must find our what mouth guard you use....the one I bought is not right for me. xx
Old 01-17-2020, 09:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the congrats on 75 days

Briansy, well done! I'm only on day 4 of IF but my pants are definitely looser and I'm already down over a pound. These pants were super uncomfortable last week and now they're not. And I have eaten a bacon cheeseburger, fries, creamy pasta and plenty of chocolate in that time.

Congrats on 49 days too

Day 76 for me, I'm so glad it's Friday, my concentration at work today is not great. I'm just ready for the weekend. My bf's friend's 40th bday party is tonight, dinner then karaoke at a bar. I'm only going to go for dinner and then split and head home afterward. Already told my bf and he's fine with it. Then tomorrow he has to pack and head out for Utah for a week for his annual skiing trip with his friends. I'm going to miss him a lot but it will be ok.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:32 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

SBTS-good choice! Venus...it did NOT go well at the periodontist. This is now the FOURTH time that the implant crown was not done correctly by the lab. What a waste of time! BUT..I must say that I did hear the Dr. calling the lab (in Boston) to complain, ask for a supervisor, etc. etc. He had a "temporary" that he wanted to put in, but I refused. I mean why should I be paying thousands of dollars, if they can't get it right????? As for the night-guard, I had my dentist make mine. It has lasted for YEARS. Funny thing is, that the one before this was chewed up by my last dog! I am home now....surfing another urge due to frustration AND then we found out that it will cost over $2000.00 to have all the lumps, bumps, etc. removed from our dog! We are going to do it though. He is sooooo much better given the treatment/antibiotics that the vet did/prescribed. Now I get to deal with insurance companies since many of my claims have been "denied"....what a fun day ahead My birthday is next week though, and we are going to see Cirque de Soleil on the 23rd, AND THEN on my b-day (the 24th)we are going to have a couples hot stone massage followed by a fabulous dinner at a FINE DINING restaurant (which are hard to find anymore)
Old 01-17-2020, 11:41 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Ooooo another Aquarian? How cool is that....what date love?
(Snooz and I are building a secret Aquarian army whose mission it is to spread love throughout the world ).....

Oh gosh, what a huge pain.
But.....thank God the money is doable, yes?
I am always so very grateful for that after not having anything for kind of ever.
s xxxxxx
Old 01-17-2020, 12:32 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Yes, Venus...Aquarius with Aquarius rising....B-day is Jan 24...and money is not an issue, thank goodness!