SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November 2019 Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/445017-class-november-2019-part-6-a.html)

Dee74 01-14-2020 07:05 PM

Class of November 2019 Part 6

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-5-a-20.html

D

Dee74 01-14-2020 07:07 PM

meant to say too - congrats on the purchase Briansy - and not drinking on it :)

D

Briansy 01-14-2020 10:42 PM

SBTS, if this was a good friend's wedding I'd say try to find a way of getting through it and coming out the other side but a work event? Even a big one, nah. Calling in sick is the way to go. Maybe talk about looking forward to it the day before to add some credibility!

Morning all. Just up and didn't sleep again well again last night. The last week, I've woken up every morning exhausted. Guess it's just a bug passing through my system but man it's getting to be a bit of a chore now. Oh well, I'll live!

taplow 01-15-2020 02:39 AM

Yes, just looking back at yesterday's posts. I just wanted to clarify. I'm not drinking, don't want to drink as I'd find the prospect even more depressing. It's two weeks today.
Started writing about holidays and the post meandered into something else. It's tiresome I know. I don't mean to do it. I'm not just like this on here? I'm like it all the time. Always have been, it's my natural condition.
Anyway, best wishes everyone.

Dee74 01-15-2020 02:47 AM

Good to know Tap - my personal apologies for jumping to conclusions :)

D

taplow 01-15-2020 03:14 AM

Nothing to apologise for. It looks like a drunk's ramblings to me.
But there's a group stranded in the wilderness and there's someone who won't look for food or go and get the firewood. There I'm doing it again.
I'm going to see a friend today, she just had a baby. Main thing we've got in common is a sense of humour. She'll cheer me up. I remember telling her how funny she is. She said I was too. No, I said, I'm just pretending.

soberbythesea 01-15-2020 10:47 AM

Congrats on two weeks Tap :)

Briansy, you're right. Calling in sick is definitely the plan currently. I know it sounds insane, but seriously my boss has no boundaries. She's also bugged me in the past about not drinking. I feel very solid in sobriety right now, and I believe I could make it through without drinking, but I also don't think it's worth it. For once in my career I'll plan to take a "mental health day" and maybe do something fun for myself (carefully though, because I live only a few blocks away from work lol... will have to be careful not to get caught out.)

Day 74 today. I'm experimenting with intermittent fasting to see if I can lose some weight or at least not gain any further. This is hard! I did 16 hour fast/8 hour eating window yesterday which was easy but today I'm trying for 19 hour fast/5 hour eating window and it's definitely harder. I'm determined to stick it out for today though and I'll see how I feel once I've done it successfully at least once.

No real plans for today, I wouldn't be surprised if bf decides to go out with friends tonight though, we've been together just us every night for the past 4 nights which is actually quite unusual! We shall see.

Will check back later :)

Briansy 01-15-2020 11:09 AM

I do intermittent fasting unintentionally, SBTS. I just don't need breakfast - it's not necessary. My body has plenty of fat reserves to call from I can assure you! This "most important meal of the day" stuff is just nonsense. Quite the opposite. Yes, the 16 / 8 is easy. I am going to try foregoing lunch soon and just eat a large dinner of like 16-1800 calories. It's a constant battle isn't it?

Had an awesome day today in work. Just feel super serene and calm about everything, I haven't felt this happy in a very long time. Long may it continue! Still so appreciative of my business partner being thoughtful of me yesterday and my triggers though nothing was spoken. It really helps keep me on track.

Just walked 6 miles and only had a fairly small salad today at lunch so can afford a decent sized dinner - ooh, KFC?! Tempting!

Briansy 01-15-2020 11:11 AM

Tap, good to hear you didn't exit permanently. Man U v Wolves tonight, solid evening ahead

venuscat 01-15-2020 11:17 AM

Your boss confuses me SBTS, you would think with what you do she would support anyone not drinking.

soberbythesea 01-15-2020 11:46 AM

Yep, you would indeed think that Suze and I wish I could tell her what is really going on but... no. Just no.

KFC sounds great Briansy. Half an hour to go until I break my fast. I feel basically OK, but my cognitive abilities are not at their sharpest. Doing somewhat mindless tasks at work right now to get through this part of the day.

venuscat 01-15-2020 11:49 AM

I don't believe in not eating and working....especially as someone in recovery.
Plus our brains need fuel....I feel that these fads are getting nutso....sorry, just my personal feelings. Eat. Please. Yogurt maybe. :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just ignore me....moody today....my jaw infection has revealed a broken or loose tooth. And I never ever have had an issue like this before....I am moody. Apologies xx

venuscat 01-15-2020 12:10 PM

Yep....ignore that....pain make me say dumb things. :hug: s xx

soberbythesea 01-15-2020 12:15 PM

No worries Suze! I’m sorry you’re in pain :(

And I just made it to my 19 hours, so getting food now.

Briansy 01-15-2020 12:23 PM

Oh that's a bit crap, Suze! You don't sound too grumpy to me, good to hear from you in fact I was gonna ask where you were! Just got a draft copy of our new company website pages - looks absolutely amazing. But I didn't eat enough at KFC. I am going to get up soon and back for a cookie! :headbange

venuscat 01-15-2020 12:31 PM

xx :hug: s

trudgingagain 01-15-2020 12:35 PM

Well, Venus...just came home from the periodontist....trust me ....take care of your teeth now, before you need to have implants! Mt periodontist is on the last implant, which is a kinda front tooth....ugh! They FINALLY got the color right, so I go in on Friday for the final installation...YAY!!!

SBTS... I was in that situation early in my FIRST sobriety....I went and just ordered a non-alcoholic beer. I know that there is minutiae alcohol in them, but it got me though the awkward situation. Otherwise, why not go and order something like tonic with a lemon slice? Just ideas......
I am doing very well today!:c011: Hubby actually ordered DVDs (who does that????LOL), but we are going to spend the rest of the day watching 2 of them in bed:scoregood

Briansy 01-15-2020 12:45 PM

Haha sounds like fun to me Trudging! Buying DVDs LOL so 2002!!

venuscat 01-15-2020 12:58 PM

People love collecting movies....not a bad idea if the internet ever goes down....ha....and yes, I hear you trudging....I actually faced my biggest fear and made a dentist appointment. Not that I have insurance for that but not concerned. As long as the dentist is nice and understanding of scaredy cats: and apparently she is. :)

Dee74 01-15-2020 01:46 PM

Hope you'll be feeling better soon Suze :)

D