Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 63

Old 12-09-2019, 02:36 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Toots ❤️
Old 12-09-2019, 05:49 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Best wishes Toots!

Busier day only because I get some money and get to shop.

Doing well and doing HALT...this morning was early a.m. loneliness and hunger.
Ate a couple apples and a banana. Jumped on SR and news radio.

Odd I got two hang-ups real early this morning from Green Bay. I googled the # and it originated from a homeless shelter in GB. No voice mail...but reminded me of my months and months of homelessness due directly to active alcoholism and addiction.

Well now. What else? Two hot chocolates.
Yes sober 12 full weeks.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:22 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Great going Wisc, and good knowing to think HALTs

Thank you all for the kind thoughts. The funeral went as well as these things go. I think we are all glad to be moving forward now.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:31 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

toots - really relieved for you that the funeral went as well as it could. You couldn't move forward until after it had taken place of course but I hope now, as you suggest, it will be possible to do so.

Sorry not to have posted for a little while. It's been a busy time with various family commitments including helping out with toddler care etc. Although I wouldn't in any event have been able to contribute to the improved sleep debate since I still struggle to get a good night's sleep on anything like a regular basis. And that's after nearly 6 months of being sober. It can be a bit frustrating but of course it's nothing like as bad as it was in the days of waking bolt upright around 3.30 every morning having retired (collapsed!) into bed in a wine induced stupor. Maybe I wake up now in order to reflect on quite why I chose to live like that for as long as I did. In fact when I chose my SR name I added the 335 because that was the time I woke up every morning in my drinking life.

Now I have found the time to log on to the Unders it's been great to read so many interesting/informative posts. Until I stopped in June this year I'd been a drinker for as long as I can remember and I come from a serious drinking family. I suspect I drank too much for many years although it didn't stop me holding down a job, managing life etc. I can't date when it became a real problem but I absolutely know that I was an excessive drinker for at least 10 years before I finally signed up here and stopped. In that ten years there was hardly a single day when I didn't drink a bottle of wine. And this was regardless of any timeframe. If I got in very late because of meetings at work etc I still drank the whole bottle before going to bed an hour later!

To say I'm not complacent is an understatement and I'll never take my relatively recent freedom from alcohol for granted but I do look back and think 'now what exactly did you get from that lifestyle?' Answer came there none! I'm hoping that remembering that, along with keeping in touch with all of you on SR, will mean that I've finally found the resolve to be forever sober.

I'm retired so I'm also embarrassed it took me so long to get to this point. But no point in doing anything other than looking forward. And it is absolutely fabulous to feel so much better even with rubbish sleep. And thanks to SR we're in this together, whether we are on day 1 or day 1000. That's a cheering thought.

Old 12-10-2019, 03:33 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Enjoying being an under along with you all.
Checking in doing just fine.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Evening all (well it is in the UK).
A wet, cold, windy December day - got up at 7.00 - dark - home at 4.00 - dark.
Few hours of weak sun lunch time, and back to dark.
But my mood is brighter! I feel ok, which is fantastic. More energy, sleeping ok, so far so good, but like Rose says in her great post above, I mustn't get complacent. I know I'm only one drink away from descending into that pit again.
Wisc: you're doing so well, it is so inspiring for new posters like me.
Toots: I hope you and your loved ones can find peace and move on.
Mags: Thank you, and everyone who posts on here.
You help so much.
Sx
Old 12-11-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

In at 83 days sober.... doing well with your all's help. Sober Xmas dinner tonight with a lot of the neighbors.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:24 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Greetings all. Mid way through day 12 here in London. Trying to decide if I'm going to go for a brisk 5 mile walk after work or just scurry back to my cave and watch TV AGAIN. Work is quiet and boredom hitting - but sobriety is not in jeopardy I am pleased to report.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:12 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wisc, enjoy your Christmas lunch.

Briansy, hope you’ve better weather than we have if you decide to go for a walk.

Stevie, we had a glimmer of sunshine, which was a nice change from a normally dullish day. Not long now before the shortest day then spring is round the corner....hopefully

Rose, I loved your post, I was very similar to yourself with drinking habits. I’m so pleased we all stopped when we did.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:04 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Pit on my full goretex Mags, it ended up being a lovely still evening. Did a full 5 miles, badly needed to clear the head. MasterChef after, solid evening. Hope yours has gone well also!
Old 12-11-2019, 06:51 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

I’m at 4 weeks sober again and I’m happy to be back here
I went for a good walk this morning and have the afternoon free, so I’m just pottering about the hose doing not much of anything lol. It’s quite relaxing
Old 12-11-2019, 07:41 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 4 weeks willow

D
Old 12-12-2019, 12:45 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 12-12-2019, 02:08 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Congrats on four weeks Willow!
Old 12-12-2019, 02:09 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congratulations on 4 weeks Willow

Well done on deciding on the walk Briansy, sometimes we need to change things about a bit.

Good to hear you're sleeping better Stevie, what a difference a decent night sleep makes doesn't it! I must admit I do sleep better during the winter than in the summer months.

Rose I felt reverberations of my past drinking in your post, I would stay up later to drink if I hadn't started early enough, even though all I was doing in the end was going to bed drunk - it wasnt as if I was enjoying the buzz!

Going great guns Wisc!

Mags
Old 12-12-2019, 02:23 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Nice work Willow!

Hi Toots & Molly

Hi everyone
Old 12-12-2019, 03:38 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Hey everyone, I thought I'd check in here for the first time. I don't tend to be much of a talker, but reading posts and quick check-ins are the best part of my morning.

Old 12-12-2019, 03:53 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Unders

Hiya shortstop

Willow, more congratulations on 4 weeks.

Briansy, that’s a good walk. Certainly good for blowing the cobwebs away.

Hi toots, Purps, star, Stevie, Wisc, Rose and Dee and all the Unders .
Old 12-12-2019, 04:51 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shortstop81 View Post
Hey everyone, I thought I'd check in here for the first time.
Big Welcome shortstop...post often!
Old 12-12-2019, 04:57 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Good Morning, Briansy, Canadiankoala, Dee74, mags1, Purplrks, stargazer, toots, Willow!!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

12 full weeks today...3 months!

Down day Wednesday -- Back and Up for Thursday!