Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 457

Old 09-28-2019, 02:32 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeniket View Post
I just wanted to see see if I could make one day without a beer. That was yesterday. I found this site and I am going to try for another 24. Wish me luck.

to SR Jeniket ~ You're in the right place!
Old 09-28-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

2:40 pm in California and checking in for another 24. It has been a good weekend so far. My daughter set a course record yesterday at her first home meet of the season. She got the record by 14 seconds, and the person who finished second in the race was 1:38 behind her. She was really excited because this is the hardest record to get. Their home course is run more than any other, and there have been lots of speedy girls before her. She now has another few races there this season and next to break her own record.

This morning we did a 5k, I walked it with a friend, while the kids ran. It was cool and overcast which is very welcome in Southern California. I felt a glimpse of fall weather, and loved it.

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone today. Have a great weekend everyone.
❤️Delilah
Old 09-28-2019, 02:50 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Checking in
Old 09-28-2019, 02:51 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

24 more please, Dear God.

Love, joy, peace.
Old 09-28-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

24 more for me, and wishing this for all of you. Closing in on my 4th year of sobriety on December 23--I went back to school and have only 9 credits to go for my AA in pre -Baccalaureate Social Work, and then on to get my BA. So many good things have happened to me--miracles, really--and I NEVER want to go back!
Old 09-28-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Oh wow love.....and hello.

You are living my dream.....I am on the way to that as well.
So so happy for you....4 years and so much fantastic life stuff.....cannot wait to hear how your journey continues to unfold. 💜
Old 09-28-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Happy saturday everyone! It was a dull rainy day here until this evening. At least it wasn't cold! Checking in for my 24!
Old 09-28-2019, 04:46 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
HUGE hello and LOVE and HUGS to everyone.....so much love to all of you.

And gosh I hope kenton didn't turn into a zombie.....what would we do?
Can zombies still write awesome posts?

💜💜💜💜💜
Ha ha ha ha!!! I didn't turn into a zombie but I did get caught by the zombies quite early on in the race. We all had three tags secured by velcro on this belt we had to wear. When we encountered zombies, we had to sprint past them and they would try to grab one of our tags. If we finished the 10k course with any tags, we got a 'survivor' medal. If we finished with no tags, we got an 'infected' medal. We were told at the start of the run to look out for little blue medicine bottles hidden around the course which contained an antidote to any zombie attack. So anyway, I was so impressed with the awesome zombies, I kept telling them how great they looked and this chatting to the zombies meant I lost my three tags very early on. I carried on running the course because it was such fun and in fact I was quite useful for the other runners because I was used as a decoy. I was sent in to run towards the zombies and lead them away so the other runners could run past safely. This suited me. I got to chat to the zombies and what a fascinating bunch. Honestly, people who choose to get up on a saturday morning, dress up like a zombie and chase strangers around fields... Well, those people are super interesting and fun. The other runners, including my husband, were taking it all much more seriously than me. They really wanted to escape from the zombies and cross the finish line with tags and get a 'survivor' medal. I couldn't care less about all that. I was loving running in fields, meeting new people and chatting to zombies. Just as we approached the finish line, a zombie suddenly approached me and handed me something. It was one of the little blue medicine bottles that I'd forgotten I was supposed to be looking out for!! So when I crossed the finish line, I had in my hand the antidote for zombie attacks which meant I got 2 medals.... An 'infected' medal and a "survivor' medal!!! There's a moral in this somewhere. Just goes to prove that you don't have to be the fastest or the smartest or the most strategic to do well. Sometimes it's the people who hang back and chat to zombies who surprise everyone at the end. Ok, maybe that's not the most catchiest of quotes but I think I know what I mean. Basically, be yourself and don't worry about being the best. That's my thought for the day. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 09-28-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I love that Kenton! Thanks for sharing ~ I'm glad you had a great time
Old 09-28-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Ha ha ha ha!!! I didn't turn into a zombie but I did get caught by the zombies quite early on in the race. We all had three tags secured by velcro on this belt we had to wear. When we encountered zombies, we had to sprint past them and they would try to grab one of our tags. If we finished the 10k course with any tags, we got a 'survivor' medal. If we finished with no tags, we got an 'infected' medal. We were told at the start of the run to look out for little blue medicine bottles hidden around the course which contained an antidote to any zombie attack. So anyway, I was so impressed with the awesome zombies, I kept telling them how great they looked and this chatting to the zombies meant I lost my three tags very early on. I carried on running the course because it was such fun and in fact I was quite useful for the other runners because I was used as a decoy. I was sent in to run towards the zombies and lead them away so the other runners could run past safely. This suited me. I got to chat to the zombies and what a fascinating bunch. Honestly, people who choose to get up on a saturday morning, dress up like a zombie and chase strangers around fields... Well, those people are super interesting and fun. The other runners, including my husband, were taking it all much more seriously than me. They really wanted to escape from the zombies and cross the finish line with tags and get a 'survivor' medal. I couldn't care less about all that. I was loving running in fields, meeting new people and chatting to zombies. Just as we approached the finish line, a zombie suddenly approached me and handed me something. It was one of the little blue medicine bottles that I'd forgotten I was supposed to be looking out for!! So when I crossed the finish line, I had in my hand the antidote for zombie attacks which meant I got 2 medals.... An 'infected' medal and a "survivor' medal!!! There's a moral in this somewhere. Just goes to prove that you don't have to be the fastest or the smartest or the most strategic to do well. Sometimes it's the people who hang back and chat to zombies who surprise everyone at the end. Ok, maybe that's not the most catchiest of quotes but I think I know what I mean. Basically, be yourself and don't worry about being the best. That's my thought for the day. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx
Um......just one thing to say to you Ms kenton xxxxxxx ♥♥♥♥♥
You are a marvellous human. s

(and the 9.9 was an error.....the judge was just jealous. )
Old 09-28-2019, 05:16 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hello dear ishallnotwant
Old 09-28-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verdantia View Post
24 more for me, and wishing this for all of you. Closing in on my 4th year of sobriety on December 23--I went back to school and have only 9 credits to go for my AA in pre -Baccalaureate Social Work, and then on to get my BA. So many good things have happened to me--miracles, really--and I NEVER want to go back!
Such great stuff in this post! I am going to be hitting the four year mark a out a week after you. It is nice to be in a sobriety grove for a while now. You’re a great example of the gifts sobriety can bring!
Old 09-28-2019, 05:34 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Lots of hangovers for many who celebrated Richmonds great win yesterday
I followed the only sure remedy I know.....'.DONTPICK UP THAT FIRST GLASS'
Old 09-28-2019, 05:43 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hey folks, late checking in but I’m here *slides in sideways in a cloud of smoke, totally out of control but not spilling coffee *

Had a long day. Worked from 7.30am to 7.30 pm, I’ve had a tractor in the workshop for a customer all of last week and it’s seemed to be an endless job. Big list of things to do when she first arrived and as I’ve gone through it, more and more things came to light that needed attention.

Felt downright awful this afternoon but eventually I got the final bits done, road tested and I can send her home to work... I was just about to leave when my boss had a machine he was using break down on the main road not far away so it was off to that, got it moved and dealt with the oil slick on the road so it was safe for traffic, straight to my homegroup meeting (a little late but not much).

After the meeting, one of the guys was saying he has trouble with his car, so I offered to have a look at it for him before the next meeting we’re at together. He’s invited me to his house next weekend to have a coffee and meet his children, which I was so surprised at that I was almost speechless. I must call him tomorrow and apologise for coming across as not appreciating it, I just didn’t know what to say...

Got back after some shopping for supper and my mum has been drinking, feeling sad and apologetic for being drunk, feels like a bad mother, didn’t do enough, and so on.. she’d been preparing supper for herself and my stepdad (stir fry) but not started cooking and obviously needed to eat so I went through the fridge, used up a load of veggies that needed eating, cooked and presented their meals to them, which they were really surprised at but grateful. That was a nice feeling.

Had my supper, washed all the dishes and had a hot shower, I’m now in bed listening to the rain pouring down outside with my window open while I write this.

I’m dead tired but it’s honest and genuine. I feel a bit more appreciated and grateful to feel valued, and like I have something positive to contribute to other people.

I can sleep tonight with a clear conscience, knowing that I have done my best today and done nothing wrong or dishonest. That’s a feeling that is getting stronger and I like it a lot.

If I wake up at a sensible time tomorrow, I’ll go for a swim in the morning. If not then I’ll go out for a walk somewhere, maybe take my journal and drive out to the countryside somewhere and see what I can see.

Doing things for others and just trying my best has made me feel good today, so that’s a good lesson learned.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far, wherever you may be. I have a glass of cold milk, some chocolate and my book. Today was a good day

Peace and love
James

01.25 U.K. time don’t know how it got that late, but I haven’t got to wake up until my body says it’s time to.

Learning to be grateful.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Tinker B ~ 3 weeks! ♥
Tictoc ~ 4 months! ♥

WELCOME Jeniket

Good day...at least Wisconsin won.
2nd weekend sober...I'm not sure what the thinking is but it's like no big deal because I've done it before and I don't have any money till next week.

My relapses are actually binge drinking episodes.

Not worried about the smoking...but have gone awhile without buying a pack.

Thanks to all you SR members I like reading/thanking your posts.

Maybe a bit of online Farkle and then asleep to an audio book.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:04 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Glad to be sober!

7:04 PM in the forest.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:19 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Almost broke

Made it! It’s 7:00pm and I sitting down for the evening. Almost broke down when a wave of depression moved through, but I didn’t. Funny how my alcohol brain tried to justify “just one beer”. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-28-2019, 07:33 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi,
My Mom is safely back in Idaho. ❤️ Though she went home to super cold weather with snow. I already made my next flight up to see them --- January 2020. This trip & cruise was her last. We've said that each time. But, with her memory difficulties brings anxiety, frustration & ehhh Tummy Problems.

It's really hard to let go to my HP. Parts of my Mom are fading away, something I never thought would happen. She forgets as soon as you tell her what she asked .

Thank the Universe I am sober & in active recovery. I know I'm not alone, many friends in my Program have gone down this path before me. Including my Sweet Ken. Sigh ....

I'm in for my next 24.

Bobbi
Old 09-28-2019, 10:09 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of decisiveness? Thank you.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:22 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bobbi ’s for you love xx

Sassy ❤️ xx

Kenton, sounds like a brilliant time spent being chased and chatting to zombies. I looked it up and we’ve got one near us at Kirton upon Lindsey, there was a day I could’ve would’ve. I’m pleased it went well.xx

James so happy you had a good day. I’ve found if I do things for others it takes me out of myself, going over things in my head. You did great.

CrossYourHeart. Congratulations on the arrival of grand baby 2❤️

24 more please
07.22am Sunday