Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 457

Old 10-01-2019, 07:50 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of agreement? Thank you.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:17 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
7:30 am and checking in for another 24. I am home sick today. I stayed home yesterday as well. I’ve been fighting something off. I hate missing work, especially since I already had anon work day scheduled for this Friday, but my body revolves against me with a fever and all around lousy feeling. I chose to listen to my body and get some rest, and also not to infect everyone around me.

I hope to be back to myself by tomorrow.

On a positive today is 3 years and 9 months sober for me, I am closing in on the four year mark. I read somewhere that five years is considered long term sobriety. I have no desire to ever start drinking again, but I like that I am not to far off from that goal either.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Congrats to all celebrating a milestone, I am honored to be on the list with you, a big shout out to my sober twin Bandi, another month my friend, very proud of us.❤️
(((Delilah))) So sorry you're sick....hope you feel better soon.

Yes, we're closing in on 4 Years. Thank you my dear sober twin....so glad we're on this journey together!!
Old 10-01-2019, 08:24 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hello and love to everyone....thank you SR and thank you sweet Suze for keeping track of all of us!! 24 more please of freedom & sanity. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Living life sober and clear-headed has helped guide me through 2 of the top 5 life stressors over the past year and especially the past 2 months. Thank you SR for being the wind beneath my wings. Wishing everyone a peaceful, sober day or night with love.....xxxx
Old 10-01-2019, 09:25 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

24 more please @ 5.25 am, UK x
Old 10-01-2019, 09:46 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
(((Delilah))) So sorry you're sick....hope you feel better soon.

Yes, we're closing in on 4 Years. Thank you my dear sober twin....so glad we're on this journey together!!
I ended up going in around noon for a half day, I was feeling a little better, and wanted to get things done before a training tomorrow. Still not feeling great, but definitely better.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:38 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

3 days and 24 more, I will not drink tomorrow!!!
Old 10-01-2019, 11:13 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 10-01-2019, 11:16 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Magsie

Delilah I hope you’re soon well, you’re very wise to listen to what your body says.

Kenton, all the best for today, be thinking of you love. xx

Congratulations to all with soberversaries

bandicoot2 ~ 3 years & 9 months! ♥
Delilah1 ~ 3 years & 9 months! ♥
Mark1014 ~ 5 years!!!!! ♥
Coldfusion ~ 6 years & 11 months! ♥ ♥

24 please
07.16 am Wednesday
Old 10-01-2019, 11:51 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags. In true birth family style, the funeral I was supposed to be going to today, the funeral I've been worrying about for the past week.... That funeral has just been cancelled. Just got a text saying due to family concerns, difficulties and differences, the funeral has been cancelled and we should all wait for further instructions. This is triggering a lot of stuff for me. Reminding me of how I felt as a child... never knowing what was going to happen, waiting for other people to make a decision, everything being changed at the last minute. So, I'm remembering everything that I learnt last night, going within my body and acknowledging the anxiety. Where can I feel it? In my chest. What does it feel like? Tightness. I'm not trying to push it away. I'm not pretending it's not there. I'm not telling myself to stop being stupid and to pull myself together. I'm accepting things exactly as they are. And those few minutes of staying in the moment have given me the clarity to decide I'm not going to the funeral today. Whether it's cancelled/uncancelled.... Doesn't matter. I can pay my respects to the deceased in my own way. My internal peace is important to me now. It's the most important thing to me now. Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 10-02-2019, 12:20 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Kenton - who cancels a funeral?
I agree that paying your own respects your own way sounds the healthy option here

D
Old 10-02-2019, 12:21 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-458-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 458)

D