Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 457

Old 09-29-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

I’m dead tired but it’s honest and genuine. I feel a bit more appreciated and grateful to feel valued, and like I have something positive to contribute to other people.

I can sleep tonight with a clear conscience, knowing that I have done my best today and done nothing wrong or dishonest. That’s a feeling that is getting stronger and I like it a lot.

If I wake up at a sensible time tomorrow, I’ll go for a swim in the morning. If not then I’ll go out for a walk somewhere, maybe take my journal and drive out to the countryside somewhere and see what I can see.

Doing things for others and just trying my best has made me feel good today, so that’s a good lesson learned.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far, wherever you may be. I have a glass of cold milk, some chocolate and my book. Today was a good day

Peace and love
James
James ~ reading this made my heart sing. 💜💜💜
Old 09-29-2019, 06:24 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeniket View Post
Made it! It’s 7:00pm and I sitting down for the evening. Almost broke down when a wave of depression moved through, but I didn’t. Funny how my alcohol brain tried to justify “just one beer”. Thanks for the help!
So glad you got through that dear Jen.
Sending more love your way. 💜
Old 09-29-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

In for another 24 please.

Have a good day all!
Old 09-29-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

In for 24
Old 09-29-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

In for 24 hours of sober recovery. 0928 Cold & Rainy & Windy Daylight Time

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Bailey3 ~ 4 weeks! ♥
CrossYourHeart ~ 1 year & 8 months! ♥
joandmelandhan ~ 2 years & 2 months! ♥

Feeling good today. Started taking my diabetes meds earlier before a first meal. Bacon/Tomato/Mayo/Wheat Toast sandwich.

Miss my cat.

Isolating today to not smoke...watch football sober.

Helping next door neighbor Monday a.m. to bring her large dog, that should have put down last week, to the vet. The dog can't stand or walk. Her sister is coming over with a wagon and vehicle. We are on the 14th floor so thank goodness for elevators. Many tenants are upset she let the dog get so sick. Oh well. I'll keep detached and just help. I gave her #'s for financial help from the humane society, and a vet who specializes in elderly animal care who would work out payments, but, she never called. Her choices. She has a very low IQ, childlike, and some kind of mental disorder. Oh well. I guess I needed to spell that out. I've talked to several people about it already.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

keeping SR tab open today
Old 09-29-2019, 08:28 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
nmd

Old 09-29-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

after a long chat with a friend, spiritual guide and financial adviser, I will do my best and get my GED and after go to college, it is time to change career being a construction carpenter is time to move on it serve it purpose in my sober journey and my financial amends/healing. ( now I just have be strong and don't let fear stop me)

24 more for this old soul in a new journey...
Old 09-29-2019, 10:58 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:25 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24 hours please 🤗
Old 09-29-2019, 12:27 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

The downside to not getting the chance to post early in the day is that it takes a long time to catch up! The upside is that it is really inspirational to read so many funny, uplifting, sad but also with a bit of hope, posts. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Huge, huge congratulations to those very many SR members celebrating milestones this weekend. Respect definitely due to all.

Jeniket- welcome and very well done. Day 2 in the bag already. The days will creep upwards more quickly than you imagine.

BarbieKen, so sorry to hear about your mum. That is very hard for you, as well as for her.

James, I am really glad for you! You needed a better day and I'm glad Sunday delivered,

Trees, whilst you are away, just think about your adorable five year old, especially when she snuggled up to you. That should make ongoing sobriety even more attractive!.

Twenty four more hours please, somewhat late in the day but just as vital!
Old 09-29-2019, 01:03 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24
Old 09-29-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
after a long chat with a friend, spiritual guide and financial adviser, I will do my best and get my GED and after go to college, it is time to change career being a construction carpenter is time to move on it serve it purpose in my sober journey and my financial amends/healing. ( now I just have be strong and don't let fear stop me)

24 more for this old soul in a new journey...
We will do it together love.....same age almost and both college students....not easy, but also kind of wonderful to have a brain that works.

Proud of you dearest erfra. Sending massive hugs. 💜
Old 09-29-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Right here with you Wisc
And anytime you post is the perfect time dearest Rose
And good morning Kane
And good evening Pinky.....how is the holiday? s
Old 09-29-2019, 01:58 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

24 more hours please
Grateful to be in bed sober on the first night of my holiday
Have a lovely day everyone ❤
Old 09-29-2019, 04:05 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, I’d rather be in active recovery than active addiction. With that in mind I’d like to pledge another 24 hours of sobriety if I may.

Tomorrow will be a bittersweet day. It marks 1 year clean from cocaine, which I’m proud of and grateful for.

It also marks 1 year since my beloved partner finally had enough of my crap and called the police to remove me from our family home.

Strictly speaking they didn’t have any power to do so, but when officers arrived in the morning I literally had no fight left in me. I got dressed quietly like a good boy, put a few belongings into a carrier bag and went with them as I was told.

That day, I thought it would just be a blip and we’d be back together within a short time. Now, a year on, and I still live in hope of a reconciliation even though we haven’t spoken since Christmas. How foolish I must be to beat myself with this same stick, day in, day out.

It’s troubling me tonight and I don’t feel like sleeping.

I did what I promised myself this morning, got up and went for a swim but the pool was very busy with families and young children having fun so I cut that short as it made me feel so unhappy and went into the sauna instead. I think I felt better afterwards but I can’t say I especially enjoyed it, it was too hot in there to breathe properly...

I came back and sorted some washing out, then lay down to read for a while. Fell asleep for a couple of hours then headed to my local meeting in a town called Belper nearby. Didn’t have much to share but I needed the meeting.

I have to be up at 5 am for work, as I have to meet a customer who’s just had a lot of work done on his tractor (by me) and I need to talk him through it and hand over to him to be sure he’s happy. Nervous about that as I haven’t been doing this job for all that long and this is really the first time I’ve followed a job through from start to finish, without needing to ask questions of anyone, or feeling like I’m not sure what I’m doing. I’ve been super careful with everything I’ve done and I know it’s right, but self doubt is telling me I must have missed something, or done something wrong, or left something loose, just generally dragging myself down.

If I was drinking or using I would be lining up my sick day by now and deciding what to tell my boss in the morning. Today, although I’m scared for tomorrow, I’ll face it and even if I were to have done something wrong, I’ll deal with it as best I can. No excuses and no lies. But the gift of projection has already decided for me that something bad will happen and I’m going to lose my job. Can’t beat that old mindset of defaulting to feeling guilty, even though on this occasion I’ve done nothing to be guilty for.

Oh well. Like it’s said, fear has two meanings - F*ck Everything And Run, or Face Everything And Rise. I choose the latter, I’m done running.

Wishing everyone peace and love on this soggy Sunday night (in my part of the U.K. anyway).

Be excellent to each other
James
Old 09-29-2019, 04:18 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Mine is Face Everything and Recover.
That is what we hear in Aus AA.....
I like that one a lot.

A year off cocaine is mega James. Really awesome.
But it's hard to celebrate that when it coincides with the worst day of your life.

We can't go back, but we really do get to have a beautiful life James. Even if it isn't the one we wanted. ��
Old 09-29-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Mine is Face Everything and Recover.
That is what we hear in Aus AA.....
I like that one a lot.

A year off cocaine is mega James. Really awesome.
But it's hard to celebrate that when it coincides with the worst day of your life.

We can't go back, but we really do get to have a beautiful life James. Even if it isn't the one we wanted. ��
Thanks V :hug

Also realised I’m 140 days sober today, which is not in itself a particular milestone but it’s a nice round number, I like it.
I’m craving the day when all of this doesn’t feel like such a struggle. I hear people sharing about how their partner has come back to them, relationships with children are better than ever, etc. And I find myself feeling resentful of them because of those things. Need to work on that, too...
Old 09-29-2019, 04:42 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Quiet day. Checking in for my 24.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:58 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

30/9--Monday: startof the working week down/under and I'm planning another sober week O.D.A.A.T-