Notices

Class of July 2019 Part 3

Old 08-07-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Picked up my 30 days sober keyring last night at a meeting. Must say although it's just a cheap bit of plastic I'm really proud of it :-)
Good to see a big list of class of July 19 member here!
Old 08-07-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Oh just awesome bodhi!!!

Old 08-07-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Leo, GreenDog.....how are you both? s
Old 08-07-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Congratulations Bodhi!!
Venuscat... I don't want to undermine the bad things we have done under the influence of alcohol. Your crimes are tiny. They really are. You would have forgiven yourself a long time ago if you had not been drinking.

It is important to see how badly alcohol impacted us. The things we would have not done without it. But it would be much better if we could remove the shame a bit. So many more people would come out earlier and try to sort it out earlier, preventing many of the real life-changing accidental mistakes ruining so many people's existence.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:41 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I did many terrible things, I was a horrendous thief.....but I don't think my shame kept me drinking. For me, it was like this....

I love this quote....

I wanted to stop so badly, but I ended up drinking to manage my drinking. (that line is borrowed from my friend Itchy on SR). I was just so ill....I could not work out how to survive the day without wine. In the end, my brain was so messed up that I was afraid of seizures if I stopped.

But it wasn't shame that kept me stuck.....because I understood that my brain chemistry was messed up (from the copious amounts of alcohol). I needed booze to stop my hands shaking and to even get my eyes to focus

I just didn't have the courage to stop on my own. And after I found SR, I never had to be alone with this again. s
Old 08-07-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I've done many regrettable things, and even if they're not the worst things in the world, there's only so long you can do dangerous stuff. Sooner or later you're going to royally mess up. In a way I'm grateful nothing absolutely terrible has happened so far. And I'm quite attached to a roof over my head, decent food, and generally not locked in a small room!
Old 08-07-2019, 11:04 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I am still here. Though I did drink. I caved at the water park on Sunday. Today is day 1 again. 😔

Thanks for sharing the apartment story Venus. I have also bought crazy expensive stuff while drinking (I bought a car...even test drove it with the salesman). At least I still liked the car the next day! Alcohol really sucks.

Happy Wednesday to you all.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:31 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Glad to see you GreenDog. Looks like we need better armor for the water park....floaties that protect you form your AV.

Seriously, we learn from this, and work out ways to keep ourselves safe, especially in early days. s
Old 08-07-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Glad to see you GreenDog. Looks like we need better armor for the water park....floaties that protect you form your AV.

Seriously, we learn from this, and work out ways to keep ourselves safe, especially in early days. s
I had a feeling I should’ve sat the trip out. I don’t do well in large crowds and with alcohol readily available it was a recipe for disaster early in the recovery process. But I’m back at it today. Last day 1 for me.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

It's a good thing to know.....some triggers are way too big to tackle in the early days....it was that way for me. But now you know, and well, you have your floaties. xx
Old 08-07-2019, 02:36 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackandScared View Post
This is really bad.... I have just realised it is Wednesday!!! n In my defense I must say that I am working from home in a project for the past week with very little contact with the outside world, so no real difference between Saturday/Mondays or Sundays. Not sure when I lost count, but I have got it wrong for the past 3 days at least.
This made me LOL!! I’ve been convinced that today is Thursday myself! What are we like?! 😆

Originally Posted by BackandScared View Post

Since FinalRound mentioned it, I have made a list of those posting on part 3. We are indeed quite a few:

1. Hoping
2. Kinsey
3. Gurra
4. Sapph
5. Quitnow
6. FreshStart
7. Charon
8. Kgirl
9. Bobdrop
10. Sober
11. Joy
12. FinalRound
13. Badger
14. Leo
15. Bodhi
16. Myself/BackandScared

Our unique Dee and Venus.
I hope everybody will keep checking in so say hi from time to time. (Also hope I did not miss anybody)
Thank you for doing this! It’s so heartwarming to know I am certainly not alone!

Hope everyone’s WEDNESDAY has been going well! Rounding off a super sober 16!

Big love you super 16!
Old 08-07-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

What am I saying? I’m on day 17! Dear oh dear! The brain fog stage must have kicked in. Horrible to think what damage I’ve done to my poor brain!
Old 08-07-2019, 04:07 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I’m on day 18 now, although I feel like drinking myself into a coma right now! Ha ha.

I am not going to but man do I wish I could have just one drink or two like a “normal” person! But NOPE. I can never just have one.

Venus that story of you purchasing an apartment in a blackout, hopefully that is something you can laugh at now!! It is pretty funny!

I hope one day I can look back at my crazy adventures and laugh, right now I still feel sad and embarrassed!

Old 08-07-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi all, I wanted to read all your posts and catch up, but have to leave in a few for the meeting. It's only about 7 minutes from my house, so I sure hope it's a good one. If not, I'll find another and drive a bit. I will check back here later after the meeting, but I know I'm going to be super tired. What a day!
The presentation went great. I was so horribly nervous, but my team said it didn't show at all.
See you all soon. Here's to day one of many! I hope!
Old 08-07-2019, 04:32 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Greendog! Glad you’re at it again.

Karen, Great to hear this is your new day one. Great job on your presentation. I would have been very nervous too. I DO NOT like speaking in front of people!

I’ll
Be back later tonight. Time to make dinner.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:57 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Finishing day 38 here. My plan is “I don’t drink anymore”. I used to drink mainly on the weekends, I don’t really miss the beer, I do miss the momentary “escape” it provided. It’s weird to wake up in a panic, then realize no worries. I did pick up my new bike yesterday! In my 30s I used to ride a lot and really enjoyed it, now in my 50s I’m going to make time to get back into it.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:06 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Hi all, I wanted to read all your posts and catch up, but have to leave in a few for the meeting. It's only about 7 minutes from my house, so I sure hope it's a good one. If not, I'll find another and drive a bit. I will check back here later after the meeting, but I know I'm going to be super tired. What a day!
The presentation went great. I was so horribly nervous, but my team said it didn't show at all.
See you all soon. Here's to day one of many! I hope!
So so happy to hear that!!!! Bet that feels very empowering love: you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. And it is a calling, as you and I both know. s
Old 08-07-2019, 05:08 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gurrra View Post
Hi everyone! I’m on day 18 now, although I feel like drinking myself into a coma right now! Ha ha.

I am not going to but man do I wish I could have just one drink or two like a “normal” person! But NOPE. I can never just have one.

Venus that story of you purchasing an apartment in a blackout, hopefully that is something you can laugh at now!! It is pretty funny!

I hope one day I can look back at my crazy adventures and laugh, right now I still feel sad and embarrassed!

I can laugh now. It took a while, but yeah.....I can still remember what I was wearing. Cool hippy chic buys apartment. Lmao. s

Originally Posted by Walnut1 View Post
Finishing day 38 here. My plan is “I don’t drink anymore”. I used to drink mainly on the weekends, I don’t really miss the beer, I do miss the momentary “escape” it provided. It’s weird to wake up in a panic, then realize no worries. I did pick up my new bike yesterday! In my 30s I used to ride a lot and really enjoyed it, now in my 50s I’m going to make time to get back into it.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:04 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Holy moly gang! What a bunch of stuff to catch up on! Congrats bodhi and way to go Karen! The past two weeks have been a bit nuts with catching up on the stuff I’d procrastinated on (when drinking), and with a few new exciting things that might be coming down the pipes for me (I’ll keep it to myself until it’s certain. Nonetheless, sobriety is at the top of my list, and I’ve been constantly tuning into SR, A.A., and doing self care with running/recovery podcasts daily. Throw in running a business, family, & daily chores and it’s admittedly a bit hectic. Sobriety must take priority, in order for all the other pieces to fit & function.
I hope we can keep our class together. I’m so grateful for each of your additions each day. Good night from out here on my little rock.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:19 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Goodnight Sapph. s xx