Old 08-18-2019, 09:18 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats from me too HopingWishing

D
Old 08-19-2019, 08:19 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Living stones....I do not know about these. Sounds incredible...and I have a huge collection of awesome succulents. I adore them. Sorry about the photos and dvds you can't find.....rat soup indeed. That's much more polite than my exclamation when this happens. s
Yeah, I try to be more subdued in public. In private though ...

Look up either living stones or lithops. They are interesting succulents. Can't seem to paste an image and when I try to insert one it wants an URL. So I can't show you what the new garden looks like. But it has four weird small succulents and a ton of living stones spread pretty uniformly with polished pebbles and interesting rocks (moss agate for example) spread throughout as camouflage.

Don't know what's going on. I'm sleeping nearly 12 hours a nigh and still waking tired and wiped out. Wnated to go to cardiac rehab this morning but ate breakfase, sat down and took a short nap. Still feeling weak. Trying to decide to wait it out, or suck it up and go, or call my primary doctor, or call my cardiac doctor. I'm wondering if my meds need adjusted since I'm no longer drinking.

Well, have a nice and sober day today, everyone.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:22 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

I did look them up, came close to buying some but I have spent enough money this week.

The 12 hours of sleep and still being tired is pretty normal for a lot of people in early recovery....I needed 10 hours a night and an afternoon nap for about a month? And I was also worried and talked to my GP. Not a bad idea, but rest assured it will pass. Our bodies have so much healing to do in the first months. s
Old 08-19-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
Congratulations on four weeks Hoping! You are amazing!
Thank you so much-you’re so very kind!

Old 08-19-2019, 05:18 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats from me too HopingWishing

D
Yay! Thanks Dee!!
Old 08-19-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Charon View Post
Yeah, I try to be more subdued in public. In private though ...

Look up either living stones or lithops. They are interesting succulents. Can't seem to paste an image and when I try to insert one it wants an URL. So I can't show you what the new garden looks like. But it has four weird small succulents and a ton of living stones spread pretty uniformly with polished pebbles and interesting rocks (moss agate for example) spread throughout as camouflage.

Don't know what's going on. I'm sleeping nearly 12 hours a nigh and still waking tired and wiped out. Wnated to go to cardiac rehab this morning but ate breakfase, sat down and took a short nap. Still feeling weak. Trying to decide to wait it out, or suck it up and go, or call my primary doctor, or call my cardiac doctor. I'm wondering if my meds need adjusted since I'm no longer drinking.

Well, have a nice and sober day today, everyone.
I’ve been doing THE SAME! It’s sad when you think that it’s because of the hard work we were putting our bodies under when drinking!
Old 08-19-2019, 05:21 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Day 29, over and out :-D
Old 08-19-2019, 08:29 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hey everyone just stopping by to say hi and hope you all are doing well and going strong! We all fall, we have struggles, we all have the craziness in life, but together and with the right tools things can work. I'm on day #31 finally. Just going to work and making sure I eat, drink water, enjoy company, and be grateful for every minute I'm given.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:40 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats leo and hopingwishing

D
Old 08-20-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hi Class,
Back to day one today. Gave in again yesterday. Didn’t have much wine and threw the the rest away. So not feeling awful today, but still upset with this process. Just seems like it’s too hard to go against my own mind sometimes. I will start again, reread my favorite addiction books, and get through today

My plan today is to not be alone. I will go with my husband to son’s practice later, and we will do some walking and talking. I think I will call a counselor today also. Need to do more than I’m doing....whatever it takes.

I said I wouldn’t join another class, but I may need the activity of the August class. Thanks for being there.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

I think your plan for today sounds very wise love.
And I also see a huge change.....you threw out the wine. That is empowering. You said no more! s xx
Old 08-20-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Have some minor cement work to do on the barn and bilco today. Then, after the dew dries, a lot of mowing. Probably need lunch and a nap between. Feeling sleepy already. Going to have a bit more coffee before I start.

Sent a message to my cardiac doctor through the portal. I expect to get some modification of my med dossages by this afternoon. It will be good to get some energy back. I hate feeling tired and run down all day.

Well, keep up the good fight. More tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:50 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
Hi Class,
Back to day one today. Gave in again yesterday. Didn’t have much wine and threw the the rest away. So not feeling awful today, but still upset with this process. Just seems like it’s too hard to go against my own mind sometimes. I will start again, reread my favorite addiction books, and get through today

My plan today is to not be alone. I will go with my husband to son’s practice later, and we will do some walking and talking. I think I will call a counselor today also. Need to do more than I’m doing....whatever it takes.

I said I wouldn’t join another class, but I may need the activity of the August class. Thanks for being there.
Hey babe I'm still here 25 daze. The initial phase is always challenging but the rewards are worth it. Today was my son's first day of college classes. Guess who didn't make it to his very first University class. Yep my boy! I was terrified that something happened to him as he wouldn't answer phone text Snapchat Facebook! He had phone in silent misread his schedule and slept thru. Yep he still needs parents to make sure he stays in track. He finally called me and let's just say my throat hurts from yelling.
Old 08-20-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
Hey babe I'm still here 25 daze. The initial phase is always challenging but the rewards are worth it. Today was my son's first day of college classes. Guess who didn't make it to his very first University class. Yep my boy! I was terrified that something happened to him as he wouldn't answer phone text Snapchat Facebook! He had phone in silent misread his schedule and slept thru. Yep he still needs parents to make sure he stays in track. He finally called me and let's just say my throat hurts from yelling.
I am laughing....so so funny......gosh I bet he doesn't do that again in a hurry and incur the consequences.....FB, phone, text, snapchat.....what.....you don't have Instagram?

Boys honey. Will be boys. My husband tells me stories of his college days....this is past day 1 of course....but he used to be up so late studying, or doing his radio gig that he would sleep through just about any alarm....he bought one for deaf people that shakes the bed like you are in a tornado, but his partner wouldn't let him use it....gosh, I would love it.....WAKE UP.....and you really would huh?

Thank you for the smile. Awesomeness. s
Old 08-20-2019, 03:04 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Quit- sorry you’re having a rough week, but glad you have got eyes on what’s ahead and not dwelling on yesterday (no point!). I’ve been lurking around the August class as well (I should post I suppose..so far I’ve just been the creeper liking everyone’s posts;p)
Charon- I’ve learned something, thank you! I had never heard of living stones before (and I work with rocks so you’ve peaked my interest and I may look into adopting some any tips on what to look for, how to care? (I live on a rock in the Atlantic, so resources and weather are somewhat shifty at best).

As for me, day 50! This day was hard won, I went through a real mental slump this past week. Up and down, anxious, crying randomly, overwhelmed, carbs everywhere Notched it up to even two meetings a day sometimes, I just needed that support and peace that the meetings bring...even just to go sit in quiet and listen with a hot cup of tea in my hand, I find so comforting. Anyways, made it so far. Leaving for a trip in two days so hopefully my resolve can stick. When I return I will be able to get my 60 day chip, so that’s my prize (ok, and maybe a pedicure
Have a good day all. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:18 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Ah Sapph, congratulations honey. Hard won indeed....with guts and determination. So happy for you.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:51 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Also- way to go, Leo!
Old 08-20-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

The big 30 today! Had a lovely day pottering around the house and planning for my holiday which is tomorrow-can’t wait!
Hope everyone else is having a good time, thinking of you all.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:04 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats sapph, HW and everyone else hitting a milestone today, no matter that day it is.

to anyone struggling I really recommend going back to basics - recovery is possible

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)
Old 08-20-2019, 05:38 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Quit, I am in the same boat. I screwed up again. I'm feeling very sad and overwhelmed. I don't think I can beat this.
But, the alternative is too grim. There must be a way. My life is so busy, it's hard to keep on top of all the things I put in my plan.
I need to do some serious thinking.
I hope you're well, and everyone else, too. Charon, I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad you called your doctor.