Notices

Class of July 2019 Part 3

Old 08-16-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Morning!
Great to hear from you BAS! Fantastic on 40!
You are doing so well, Leo. The mix of practical problems and relationship stuff is hard. Well done!
Bodhi, my heart skipped a beat when you said you found a Roman coin. Sounds like a lot of fun!
Karen, I like how you have anticipated a potential trigger. Do you any plans for the drive home tonight?

Have to run, but wanted to say hi to everyone and send my love.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely Julyers.

Leo honey.....I am so sorry....this part is just so hard (I imagine, just got married 2 years ago). Sending more hugs and love. And so well done for starting counselling: watching you all empower yourselves is magic. s
Old 08-16-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

21 daze. Son moves into college today. MAJOR TRIGGER!
Old 08-16-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Yes...we’ll done Backandscared! Enjoy your holiday.

3 weeks here and I am too busy right now! Got my oldest settled in her dorm yesterday then attended a Wake. Very emotional day, but it felt good to cry from genuine emotions and not alcohol induced stuff.

Just need to get through this weekend so I can breathe. I’m running a race in the AM, so that will be some fun “me” time.

See you later.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Wow, Joy. We’re really in the same boat; 3 weeks and sending kids to college. You can do this sober!
Old 08-16-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
Wow, Joy. We’re really in the same boat; 3 weeks and sending kids to college. You can do this sober!
Wow that is such a trip! The universe has paired us together. I also attended a wake this week. Let's keep each other close~
Old 08-16-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Morning.

Good SMART F2F last night. Have to carefully re-read the handouts today.

Finding the PR for the ordhid auction a wee bit more than I expected. Errors and rejected email addresses. Oh well. I'll get it straightened out. Once I do it will be fine and smooth sailing onward.

I'm thinking about doing something crazy. I have a Netbook running Win 10 - which I'm not real happy with. I'm thinking about wipeing it and installing Win 8.1, which I am very happy with. It might turn into a debacle. Have to think about it. I really don't need any additional work/hassles right now.

Well, not much else is going on. My wife wanted to paddle today and I'm not terribly into it. I'm goinbg to suggest getting the bikes out instead. She wanted to try different seats and I want to finally put the computer my Son bought me for Christmass on and get it set. It's cloudy and looking like possible rain so dubbing around near home seems to be a better idea.

Hope everyone has a good & sober day and a great & sober weekend.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
21 daze. Son moves into college today. MAJOR TRIGGER!
Of course. s

Imagine how amazing it will feel to really be present today, and feel the feelings, and not end up with a horrendous hangover tomorrow.

Your son is where he is because he has great parents.....you should be proud love. And make today a day that is really a new beginning. s
Old 08-16-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Wow that is such a trip! The universe has paired us together. I also attended a wake this week. Let's keep each other close~
Wo girls.....that is so trippy. Sorry about the losses in your lives. s

But yep....the universe.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

I hated Windows 8.....everything about it. s
Old 08-16-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Awww Joy, I feel for you! It must be tough, but venus is on the money as ever: how great is it that you’re fully present instead of numbing yourself. Big hugs!

26 days for me. Not stopping for long as I’ve got a terrible headache-stupid hormones urgh! Other than this I’m good, just needed to check in with the J-crew!
Old 08-16-2019, 04:49 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Move in complete! Boy do I ever want to numb these emotions 💔😭
However seeing my son so happy meant the world to me and a sweet little text as I was driving home that simply said Thank you I love you.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:48 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Joy, that text is a keeper! Packed up the car to head out early tomorrow. Google says it's a 25 hour drive. Looking forward to making some memories with both the boys. I'm so excited for my son, but it comes with such an emotional backdrop. At least I will (hopefully) get a break from work! Not looking forward to the long drive home as the only driver- DH isn't feeling well and isn't coming along.

FR- are you around? Hope you are doing well!
Old 08-16-2019, 07:47 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thinking of you and your kids Joy and Quit.
Some feelings need to be felt, I think - you'll both be OK

D
Old 08-17-2019, 05:22 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopingwishing View Post
Awww Joy, I feel for you! It must be tough, but venus is on the money as ever: how great is it that you’re fully present instead of numbing yourself. Big hugs!

26 days for me. Not stopping for long as I’ve got a terrible headache-stupid hormones urgh! Other than this I’m good, just needed to check in with the J-crew!
Yes...stupid hormones. So much fun, not. I have had a year of that....hope your head is better today love. s

Move in complete! Boy do I ever want to numb these emotions 💔😭
However seeing my son so happy meant the world to me and a sweet little text as I was driving home that simply said Thank you I love you.
I have tears (yep, gotta say it) of joy in my eyes. Just no words. s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by KinseyMillhone View Post
Joy, that text is a keeper! Packed up the car to head out early tomorrow. Google says it's a 25 hour drive. Looking forward to making some memories with both the boys. I'm so excited for my son, but it comes with such an emotional backdrop. At least I will (hopefully) get a break from work! Not looking forward to the long drive home as the only driver- DH isn't feeling well and isn't coming along.

FR- are you around? Hope you are doing well!
Take it slow honey, that is a lot of driving. I hope it all goes beautifully (it will) and I hope your husband starts to feel better. s
Old 08-17-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

D ~ your current signature is a huge favourite of mine. s

Goodnight, sweet dreams. s
Old 08-17-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Morning.

Post disappeared as I was typing. Got too much to do to try and recreate it.

Have a great & sober day, all.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hi lovies. I woke up this morning feeling peaceful. I know my son will be o.k. although I still worry. lol He got home from a frat house at 1am. Home meaning dorm.

My next upcoming challenge is Rome. In six weeks. How can I go to Rome without drinking wine? lol

I have bought tickets to Annie Grace "This Naked Mind Live" seminar in Colorado in 2 weeks so hopefully she will get me back on track and out of this craving land.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:04 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

You will keep building your tools love, and you will be amazed how different you feel in 5 weeks from now as you are preparing to go to Rome. Imagine all of the beautiful things you will be able to see and do because you are not hungover. Bet there are awesome non-alcoholic drinks in Rome....with fresh fruit juice. Yum.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:11 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

That’s so lovely of your son to text you that Joy! What a sweet young man you’ve raised!

Wrapping up day 27. I had a very gentle day doing chores and self care. I had the longest bath ever. I came out like a prune 😂 clean sheets on my bed too, getting myself an early night cos it’s the best!