Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 79

Old 07-23-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Slash!!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 07-23-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good morning friends. Enjoyin' startin' fluid and gettin' ready for the day!
Old 07-23-2019, 08:14 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Pretty good day today, but a little stressed out heading into tomorrow. I've got a presentation to all the big mucky-mucks of our company. These are much worse for me than client presentations. It's kind of funny - after all these years, I've never really gotten fully comfortable with any of the presentation stuff but they keep asking me to do them. I'm really just kind of a quant/technical guy that's reasonably presentable.

Hope everyone had a good day - watching a little NCIS, then hoping to get some sleep!!
Old 07-24-2019, 01:47 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I have confidence issues too MITA....You'll do great!

Checking in with my fellow Marchers....and startin' fluid

Old 07-24-2019, 02:37 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Thanks purp- that is my phoenix
Old 07-24-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Good morning friends. I'm smokin' one cig after another and chuggin' startin' fluid. Got a dentist appointment this morning for a wisdom tooth and I'm skeered to death! LOL. Even though I know this morning will only be an evaluation!
Old 07-24-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Good morning! I don't want to be at work today. It is gorgeous out and I just want to be working on my yard.

You must be pretty alright, MITA, since they keep asking you to present. Good luck.

Have a great day, friends. I am going to look outside my window and hope the day goes quickly.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Good morning friends. I'm smokin' one cig after another and chuggin' startin' fluid. Got a dentist appointment this morning for a wisdom tooth and I'm skeered to death! LOL. Even though I know this morning will only be an evaluation!
Good luck! It won't be as bad as you think! It never is. (I have to remind myself of this each time I go)
Old 07-24-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Thanks Bobbie. I know it's mostly in my head. But my head won't leave me alone! I'm petrified!!!
Old 07-24-2019, 09:26 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Shoot BBG, the dentist is even worse than these presentations!! It will be okay

Purps, I do have a bit of self-confidence issue but I think it is also just an extension of my general anxiety - sometimes it peaks pretty badly for these things, I'd say it's more along the lines of stage fright. I do have some beta blockers that I take from time-to-time and they help. The worst is when the general anxiety starts building a few days before the presentation - it can be exhausting!!

Bobbie, you are right - I'm actually more than okay at these things, which makes the fact that I've never really developed a comfort level with them even more confusing. I've tried some CBT techniques over the years - they have helped some, but honestly I think my physiology just results in either very high adrenaline or a reduced ability of my system to handle a normal amount of adrenaline.

As you can guess, this has always been one of the reasons for self-medicating - short term fix, long term disaster (Although I've never, ever had anything to drink before a presentation - I just can't imagine how bad that would end up being)

All done now and everything was fine. I can enjoy the rest of my hump day!!

Be good ....
Old 07-24-2019, 09:40 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

BBG....brush your teeth love. That will stop you smoking, and it will be much better for the dentist. s I have the same terror....we shall go with you. s

MITA.....why not do the old imagine your audience naked trick. It always cracks me up, so I relax.

Bobbie love....please leave work right now and come and do my gardening for me. My stupid broken elbow will not allow me to do anything. I don't even know if I can have a shower by myself today. Grrrr.

OK....off to get some sun. I will do it for all of you.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:48 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Venus, you have not seen the people I'm usually presenting to.

Haha. Thanks for the suggestion though - I'll try it out!
Old 07-24-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Hope the appointment and presentation go well, BBG and MITA...

Saw the cutest video from the SMKC show last night where Slash was presented with a cake and the crowd sang Happy Birthday to him....I'm so easily amused

Old 07-25-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Morning Marcheros. I guess it's my turn to do the startin' fluid salute - Purps and BBG must be sleeping in

All good here - I actually slept reasonably well, which is a treat.

Trying to figure to some vacation plans for later in the year, but I'd like to avoid flying anywhere - I do too much of that as it is. Plenty of choices - New Mexico is an option, as is Southern Utah and So Cal. Open to suggestions!!

Be good ....
Old 07-25-2019, 06:36 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Not the right person to help, ha ha.
But I can make coffee....who wants?
So many awesome flavours of espresso to try....

Old 07-25-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Morning everybody. I'm here MITA. Startin' fluid in hand.

Went to the dental surgeon yesterday for my evaluation. He wanted to remove my wisdom tooth today but I finally wound up with an appointment for next Friday.

I'm gonna' have to impose on somebody for transportation. Not only can I not drive myself but public transportation is out too! They say it's for my safety! The person that drives me will also have to wait for the procedure to be over. No leaving and coming back!!!

That's quite an imposition. I really, really hate to ask somebody to do that!!!
Old 07-25-2019, 08:11 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Good morning, guys!

I like all those options, MITA. When I went to New Mexico we stayed in Albuquerque but visited Roswell, because, well, like Mulder, I want to believe. If you are planning on skiing either Utah or S. Cal are good choices. It's all gorgeous, just all different.

I hope your elbow is healing, Suze. That has to be so frustrating. Especially for you - you like to be active. I'd love to come do your garden. I don't mind the work, just never sure what to do, so I think we'd make a great team.

Great job, going, BBG. It's not too much to ask of someone - you would do it for them, I am sure. Just offer to pay for lunch or something. I'd take you if you weren't so far away.

Good morning, Purps! (almost afternoon for you now)

Hi, PHX!

Hey anyone else out there.

It's funny. If you had asked me when we started, to choose the people that were going to stay around, I don't think "we" would have been my guess. I have to say, though, I think we make a pretty good team.

PHX, MITA, Lillian, Caramel, 13th, Purplrks3647, BBG, venuscat, Dee and me! I think that's our regulars. And visits from Mish. Hope I'm not leaving anyone out. That's pretty remarkable, I think.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-25-2019, 08:18 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Went to the dental surgeon yesterday for my evaluation. He wanted to remove my wisdom tooth today but I finally wound up with an appointment for next Friday.

I'm gonna' have to impose on somebody for transportation. Not only can I not drive myself but public transportation is out too! They say it's for my safety! The person that drives me will also have to wait for the procedure to be over. No leaving and coming back!!!

I love your dental surgeon.
This is right....you should not be alone after the procedure either. For a while, like a good few hours. What you could do, is ask someone to go with you (everyone will understand this I think) and you could get a cab instead of asking them to drive if that makes you feel more comfortable.

But please don't worry....you would do this for a friend in a heartbeat I bet. If I lived where you live (no clue I am hopeless) I would go with you for sure. All of us would. s

I have had this done as an adult, and your surgeon is wise and kind to make sure you are not alone. s
Old 07-25-2019, 08:20 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Oh Bobbi, how much fun it wold be to have our own gardening business if we lived in the same place. I can just see us getting along perfectly, and working out butts off and becoming famous.....OK....maybe one step too far. s

EDIT: Agree with you on the remarkable. Big time.
My class thread from Oct 14 is pretty much non-existent now, as is my original Feb 13 class.
I am so very glad I found you guys.
I have NO CLUE how I would start my day without you now..... s
Old 07-25-2019, 08:43 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

People like to help - as B said, you'd do it for them!!

And yes, you need someone there. I remember the dentist telling my wife that if she didn't pick me up, there was a good chance I'd be out buying a new car right after I was certainly in a good mood for a few hours!!