Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 79

Old 08-19-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Lillian! One year is phenomenal!

PJ, thank you for sharing your artwork and your journey. You're so strong and such a good person. I'm better just for knowing you.

I hope all went well for Nathan, Bobbie. Can't be easy. We all know that our addictions have consequences for those beyond on but things like this are a stark reminder. I'm glad he's remained sober. He's lucky to have a role model like you.

Just a quick check in to say I'm still here. I'd like to address everyone but am trying to keep it brief. I'm better for knowing all of you and grateful each and every day for you all. Much love to all.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:37 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

how goes the recovery plan 13th?

D
Old 08-19-2019, 07:48 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I was really hoping nobody would ask that. However, when I rejoined SR over three years ago, I pledged to myself and by extension those here, that I would be honest. The answer is simple: not well. I make plans and don't follow through as I should. When I'm not doing what I should I don't like to discuss it simply because I feel I'm wasting your time as well as everyone else's. If I won't listen and do what needs to be done, what's to be gained by posting? Hell, I may have eclipsed in years, my handle, for time being here. You can lead a jackass to water and all that...but I remain a slow learner who somehow can't/won't turn the corner and get to the real business of recovery.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:45 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was really hoping nobody would ask that.
l know but you know why I do, right?

Its not to demean you, tick you off or make you feel bad about yourself, I promise.

I just want to see you put down the burden thirteenth

D
Old 08-19-2019, 09:06 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I know that. And I'm fairly sure you know that I know that. You're doing what you can to nudge me in the right direction. I have only gratitude for your patience and understanding. Your willingness to keep trying to help someone who routinely disregards sound advice from those who've been there is like some kind of superpower.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:27 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Thank you guys. I’m grateful to this class for your support and friendship.

A year ago I just didn’t feel good. Tired, overweight...not-so-hot mess. I decided to try and quit yet again....and within a week realized there was a lump in my chest. Had to wait until sept 13th to get the test and that’s when the rollarcoaster ride started. Quitting drinking literally saved my life.

And I am reminded my first mammogram is next month. Ugh. Scanxiety!

On the upside, I have curly hair now and it’s kind of cute. Lillian Version 2.0...in more ways than one.

Thank you again for all your support.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:31 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Bobbie, I hope whatever should happen for Nathan...happens. Kind thoughts for you.

I need to go find PJ’s art thread. Can’t wait to see it!

13th.....I pray you see the light some day soon. Dee’s right about the burden. That’s exactly what it is. Hugs for you bud.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:55 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

So freaking happy for you, Lillian 2.0! Great job! With everything. You took this last year by the balls and conquered it!
Old 08-19-2019, 09:57 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

No jail for Nathan. I’m relieved, I think. Thanks for all of the support.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:28 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear it Bobbie.

D
Old 08-20-2019, 12:42 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

B- glad about Nathan, for him- and YOU. Sexist comment 'by the balls?' I am extremely offended by this and intend to launch a global online campaign to stop such offensive things.
VIE! VIE! THE BARBARIANS AREAT THE GATE!!!!
probably huge resentment- I get a slap on the wrist for mentioning bats, but apparently this does not include testicles

13th- keep posting, try to do every day. Sometimes strength is just persistence. I fail more times than I succeed, but I get there and I do not give in to the threat of despair.

KEEP POSTING!!!!
Old 08-20-2019, 01:49 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Congrats on ONE YEAR LillianGish!
Old 08-20-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

That is great news, Bobbieka. Very happy for you and Nathan.

Happy Tuesday everyone. I slept in a little, if you can call 6:00am sleeping in

I have plenty of work to do, but very little motivation. And, I don't know if I mentioned it here, but one of the members of our small department at work decided to leave for a different opportunity. This leaves me with one less person I can delegate things to. Haha.

Be good ...
Old 08-20-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
I was really hoping nobody would ask that. However, when I rejoined SR over three years ago, I pledged to myself and by extension those here, that I would be honest. The answer is simple: not well. I make plans and don't follow through as I should. When I'm not doing what I should I don't like to discuss it simply because I feel I'm wasting your time as well as everyone else's. If I won't listen and do what needs to be done, what's to be gained by posting? Hell, I may have eclipsed in years, my handle, for time being here. You can lead a jackass to water and all that...but I remain a slow learner who somehow can't/won't turn the corner and get to the real business of recovery.
When I walked into my first AA meeting 26 years ago at a convention called VicyPaa, you had to register at one of the tables, and I was too scared to see straight....just followed my instincts and as I got to this table there was a blond woman sitting there.....when she looked up to say hello, I discovered my best friend from high school. I had not seen or spoken to her for over 10 years. It was just a miracle. Boy did I suddenly feel I was in the right place....

She became my sponsor and she was fantastic. A guide, a mentor, a friend.

And over the ensuing years when I could not stay sober, I would call her and she would always be there for me. She told me never to give up, that it takes what it takes.

Whatever it takes to help you get rid of this burden, as Dee said, we will be here.

We are not giving up on you, not ever. s
Old 08-20-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Yes MITA love, you did tell us....sorry for the extra workload. s

I am glad Bobbie love....jail is not the answer. s
Old 08-20-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Sexist comment 'by the balls?' I am extremely offended by this and intend to launch a global online campaign to stop such offensive things.
VIE! VIE! THE BARBARIANS AREAT THE GATE!!!!
[SIZE="1"]probably huge resentment- I get a slap on the wrist for mentioning bats, but apparently this does not include testicles
I was talking about baseballs, so...
Old 08-20-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Hope the day goes easy, MITA.

13th - it takes what it takes. I hope you can grab on and say this is it. It is enough. Just don't stop trying.

Good morning, Suze.

Hey, BBG!

Purps - have a fantastic day!

Hey, Dee.

Welcome to our home - Canadian Koala!

Lillian - have an awesome day!

Funny - when I mentioned court yesterday, I wasn't really looking for support. Didn't realize I needed it - this has just become so much a part of our lives. Then - when you guys started with the well wishes - it overwhelmed me. You guys are awesome. Thanks so much for your never ending support.

Have the best day, everyone!
Old 08-20-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Wrapping up my work day. I was able to summon up a little motivation and get a few things done. I’m happy with that.

Streaming a little Annie Grace now - always a positive experience.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:20 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Checking in, trying to stay awake

Almost to part 80 already! As we chatter on......
Old 08-20-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread time
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-80-a.html (Class of March 2016 Part 80)

D