Notices

Class of August 2018 Part 10

Old 03-22-2019, 07:54 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was out for a bad back for a couple days. Hoping to catch up over the next few days

D
Old 03-22-2019, 08:20 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbs View Post
Katy, prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Strength to you and your mom as you care for him.

Darkling, how are toy feeling today?

Bonnie, you are dealing with so much. Pup sick, mom moving, friend recovering from brain surgery, daughter going off to college soon....I admire your strength!

Bekind, I only wish binge eating helped. It really only temporarily numbs me and then I feel worthless. But this time it didn't last long. I bounced right back I really do need to find a better way to deal with that sudden mood crash. I'm not as fortunate as Katy, I struggle with my weight, hence all the workouts. I can put on/take off 10 pounds in 3 days.

Ayers, I really do miss you. I hope toy are okay girl???
Yeah Barbs I was kinda joking but binge eating still seems better than drinking. How do we comfort ourselves on a bad day? Of course exercise makes you feel better but it isn't like a glass of wine or an ice cream. Still I think for this first year, stopping drinking is plenty of self improvement.

Matrac, so good to hear your friend is in a so far so good situation. Heres hoping for a strong recovery.

Katy, how is your Dad?

I had an okay day. Nothing huge. I did take my nephew out to drive for an hour. He is not enthusiastic about learning to drive but I still enjoy spending time with him.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:51 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon Dee
Old 03-23-2019, 03:09 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm fine now thanks Matrac - a couple days complete rest did the trick

D
Old 03-23-2019, 03:17 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Morning,

Hope your back is feeling better now Dee.

Bekind, My Dad is home now. Yesterday was so tough the op seemed to take longer than last time so I was on the phone to my Mum regularly from the hospital and we were both just desperate to know it was done and him to be in recovery. My Mum called when he was in there and said he's a lot worse than last time, they got home late so I didn't speak with them last night but I'm going over on the train later this afternoon with a chicken stew for them. Glad to hear you had a nice time with your Nephew, hope it's another nice day today for you.

Barbs, thanks for the prayers, means a lot. What are your plans for today?

Bonnie, CONGRATULATIONS ON 8 MONTHS! I hope your Dog is still doing ok and you're managing with all you have going on. Thinking of you.

Darkling, How are you today? Please check in and let us know. Hope you're doing ok, if you are or not please do stay close to us. We're all here to support each other through the good and bad... Hope you're alright, looking forward to reading your next post.

Ayers, missing your morning posts and hoping to have you back with us very soon.

Well I was up at 6am, had a walk, watched some tv, bit of time online etc. I'm meeting a friend I met at NA for a coffee at 2pm then as soon as I'm back I'm getting on with the chicken stew, making a huge pan of it so it'll do my Mum and Dad and me and my bf. We're just going to relax tonight and watch a couple of moves we've saved on the planner. Got a food shop delivery at lunchtime too which always pleases me Hoping my Dad isn't too bad when I get there, can't wait to see him but hate seeing him suffering, just praying it's over now and it's all out this time and he can get well and have some more quality years ahead.

Thinking of you all and hoping to hear what everyone is getting up to.

Much Love to you all.

Back soon xxxxxxx
Old 03-23-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Katy, hope your dad feels better soon. Today is likely to be his toughest, but it’ll get better. Hang in there.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

continued best wishes Katy

D
Old 03-23-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

So sorry about your back problems, Dee. I'm glad to know you're better now.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Well I am really worried about Ayers now. Something must have happened. She's a leader in this group and it's not like her to check out for a long time.

I'm hoping today will be a better day. Yesterday I didn't have much planned, and my daughter got into a thinking loop and drove herself to tears. She has this irrational fear of being arrested. She says there's no way I could ever survive in jail. She has this irrational fear that she shouldn't be getting state tuition rice in Texas since she lived in NY for most of her life, and she thinks she'll be arrested for cheating the system. SHe also fears taking the train to visit me. All students at her college (UT) are allowed to ride the train with their student ID for free, but she is afraid she will be put into jail for not paying the fee to ride. As you can see, these are highly irrational fears. I don't know why she can't get past them. She stayed in her room crying for most of the day yesterday. I tried to talk to her and reassure her, but it wasn't until my soon to be hub went in and told her to stop being a knucklehead that she finally snapped out of it. Today I'll take her to a rodeo and a concert. I'm hoping it doesn't rain. She does better when she has lots to do.

I'm looking forward to the rodeo myself. I didn't see much of last year's rodeo because of my bad back. so it will be enjoyable to see it this year.

Off to the gy, soon for a light workout. Still working on getting my back to heal.

Have a great day, y'all.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aliceiw View Post
my daughter got into a thinking loop and drove herself to tears. She has this irrational fear of being arrested. She says there's no way I could ever survive in jail. She has this irrational fear that she shouldn't be getting state tuition rice in Texas since she lived in NY for most of her life, and she thinks she'll be arrested for cheating the system. SHe also fears taking the train to visit me. All students at her college (UT) are allowed to ride the train with their student ID for free, but she is afraid she will be put into jail for not paying the fee to ride. As you can see, these are highly irrational fears. I don't know why she can't get past them. She stayed in her room crying for most of the day yesterday. I tried to talk to her and reassure her, but it wasn't until my soon to be hub went in and told her to stop being a knucklehead that she finally snapped out of it.
That sounds miserable for your daughter Alice. Has she talked to a Doc or a therapist about this?

I'm dog sitting for the next week for my brother as he and his family go on Spring Break. I hope to use one of their bikes to get some biking in.

Today: knitting with a friend, ask a nephew to come eat dinner with us, and hopefully do some sewing.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Ugh . . . I just looked back and we haven't heard from Ayers since March 17. Ayers, if you read this, know I am hoping and praying that you are happy, busy and sober.

Dee, was there anything in particular that helped your back?

Old 03-23-2019, 08:45 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
That sounds miserable for your daughter Alice. Has she talked to a Doc or a therapist about this?

No, she hasn't Bekind. I suggested that she do so, but she said, "I can't she works for the college and she'll turn me in!" Ugh. Like I said.....Irrational.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Alice, sounds awful for your daughter. I’m hoping that she’ll get some help for her anxiety soon.

Worried about Ayers too. Just hoping it a power thing? If you’re lurking Ayers....we just want to know you’re OK....nothing else matters.

Mom is in her apartment. I’m exhausted, but relieved to have things settled. I made it living with her for 3 mos and I am still sober! ]The furniture delivery people came too early and we had no key to get in. The delivery man spoke only Spanish....goood thing I brought my daughter with me because she’s fairly fluent and she saved the day! However, we had to move the furniture all around because the delivery was left in the hall. My husband’s back is aching, but he’s camped out on the couch with the TV remote and seems to be OK at the moment. I hope mom will adjust OK. She is in the town she’s lived in for some time and so she knows where everything is and one of my sisters is minutes away. I guess that wil do.

Went to buy my dog some special food for her kidney disease . Vet never gave me a prescription, just said to buy it. Turns out you need a prescription! What the heck.....its just food! So I cooked up some ground turkey and rice and she loved it. She’s not eating well and has already lost weight. Going to try to get that food and mix it with the homemade. I have given more injections and stated more IV’s in my career than I could ever quantify and I am anxious about having to give my dog a weekly infusion. She wont know why I need to do it. Anyway, got a smaller needle and will try it Monday. Not liking this....

Well off for some chores. Tomorrow will be a beautiful day they say and I’mlooking forward to it. I’ll be checking back though to see if Ayers has checked in. Wish you all a good evening....stay strong
Old 03-23-2019, 04:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

PS....my friend who had brain surgery sent me a text today! Things are looking good for her. Modern healthcare is amazing
Old 03-23-2019, 05:14 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Dee, so glad you are feeling better

Katy, hope your dad's recovery is a smooth one. Continued prayers.

Alice, so sorry for your daughter. I watched my daughter struggle with irrational anxiety for years. It's so difficult to watch and feel helpless.

Bonnie, so glad that your mom is settled in and your friend is recovering nicely It's so tough watching our pups suffer...and that communication barrier...

Bekind, I am still trying to find healthy ways to comfort myself on those bad days. Throwing all self-control out the window has got to stop. I think I need something to keep my mind occupied. Just what will work...I haven't discovered yet.

Ayers....your silence is really worrying us. Praying all is ok and just suffering from a power outage.

My son flew in this morning. We had a wonderful breakfast and visit with my mom. He is out with his dad now for some male bonding time, lol. Tomorrow, hoping to get a workout in before church in the morning and then we are going to a car show and dinner with hubby's brother and sister.

So grateful to have all of you here with me
Old 03-23-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matrac View Post

Mom is in her apartment. I’m exhausted, but relieved to have things settled. I made it living with her for 3 mos and I am still sober!
That is such an achievement Matrac. I hope you have a bit of satisfaction from this. Well done. Also good to hear your friend is doing okay. Yippee modern medicine and God bless its practitioners!

I'd forgotten about the power outages in South Africa so just looked them up. It is kind of amazing that something so far away affects us. The world is small and sometimes that is a good thing.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:17 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ayers is away I think?

Going to the Fair Cape(wine region) on Wednesday for a week to get together with the 2 couples we spent time with in Brittany in July.
Only rest helps my back bekind - it's muscular more than anything else - part of my disability.

I'm working on making my muscles stronger tho

D
Old 03-23-2019, 08:18 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Ayers is away I think?

Only rest helps my back bekind - it's muscular more than anything else - part of my disability.

I'm working on making my muscles stronger tho

D
Oh yeah, Dee. Disabilities can kind of keep developing as we age . . . ugh. Is it CP that you have?

Also thanks for the reminder that Ayers was away . . . how the heck did you remember that??!! Still hoping she is ok.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:39 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah its CP

D
Old 03-24-2019, 03:20 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in......I am reading everyones post though. I drank the last 2 nights. I knew it was coming and I could definitely have stopped it but i chose not too. No excuses.
I haven't managed to change my life enough. I will try again.

Katy, best wishes and prayers for your Dad.