Notices

Class of January 2019 part 5

Old 02-21-2019, 12:03 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobersophie View Post
I get this sometimes when I'm reading and I have an image of a character in my head, then half way through the author goes, 'He brushed his blonde hair away from his tanned face,' or something and I'm like no!! That's not what he looks like! lol
haha I know exactly what you mean. I have images of everyone on here too. 😃 probably completely wrong 😃

I have eaten so much today it's shocking. I'm telling myself it's ok as on holiday. I suppose it's pretty unrealistic to diet on holiday and if I'm not drinking I'm darn sure going to enjoy my food.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:32 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Absolutely! Enjoy every minute of it - that is what holidays are for
Old 02-21-2019, 04:07 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Well the day started off well. Missed a meeting, may get called for it but don't care. I was full of energy all day, had a list of items I wanted to do in the evening.

But in the evening after talking with my lawyer, I had some anxiety, meditated, no help rather got lazier, disinterested, low mood as time passed.

Talked with the boys and I am back up.

Not sure what happened. I was not truely missing the boys (don't get me wrong, I would love them around me), but after talking to them it was like the switch flipped.

Can't figure it out.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Dieting on holiday? Pshhh. I’ve got to agree with both of you on this one. I am all about the food when I travel.

Anyway, Im going to go ahead and engage in some obnoxious boasting. Today I got all productive and organized my closet, donated a bunch of stuff, all while sticking to my diet and being sober. Seriously, my closet is a thing of beauty. All my hangers match, and everything is organized by category and color. If the universe wills it, it might even stay that way for a day or two.

Also I straightened my makeup drawer, worked on training my dog to “leave it”, matched a BUNCH of stray socks, and vacuumed under all the furniture. So... yeah, I’m feeling pretty smug.

But if this rain doesn’t clear up soon, I’m going to fly into a homicidal rage. Either that or I’ll have to find something else to organize.

On well, I’m off to treat myself to some fancy tea I picked up earlier in the week. (It’s not really fancy, but that’s what my little one calls it.). Later, peeps! ❤️
Old 02-21-2019, 04:40 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by H379 View Post
Well the day started off well. Missed a meeting, may get called for it but don't care. I was full of energy all day, had a list of items I wanted to do in the evening.

But in the evening after talking with my lawyer, I had some anxiety, meditated, no help rather got lazier, disinterested, low mood as time passed.

Not sure what happened. I was not truely missing the boys (don't get me wrong, I would love them around me), but after talking to them it was like the switch flipped.

Can't figure it out.
Aw, H3, I imagine that you must be feeling all kinds of things with what you are going through. Even under the best circumstances, it’s a lot to deal with. I’m glad your mood is back up.

Mr. Bonnie and I actually divorced for a while a few years back. It was a roller coaster for both of us, and it wasn’t always easy to identify where certain feelings were coming from. It was just a big, emotional adjustment.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonniefloyd View Post

Aw, H3, I imagine that you must be feeling all kinds of things with what you are going through. Even under the best circumstances, it’s a lot to deal with. I’m glad your mood is back up.

Mr. Bonnie and I actually divorced for a while a few years back. It was a roller coaster for both of us, and it wasn’t always easy to identify where certain feelings were coming from. It was just a big, emotional adjustment.
I am happy for you both.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:28 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey!
Went down to the basement after work this evening and hauled up my cross-country skiis. First time out this winter, even though we've had tons of snow. My doggies saw them and went ballistic (guess they remembered them from last year). We got a nice, long run in down by the river together. Previous times out, I'd stash a flask of something in my pocket to "help keep warm." All I craved while out tonight was my lemon wedge water
Good to read and catch up with everyone ~ time to EAT...
✌💚💪
-Z
Old 02-21-2019, 09:58 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by H379 View Post

Can't figure it out.
Mayve it's just one of those strange moments that make no sense. You are doing such a fantastic job being sober with all you are going through
Old 02-21-2019, 09:59 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobersophie View Post
Absolutely! Enjoy every minute of it - that is what holidays are for
Thank you ☺I shall wave at you when I get home just across the water from you on west coast of Scotland 😃
Old 02-21-2019, 10:01 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zighoul View Post
Hey!
Went down to the basement after work this evening and hauled up my cross-country skiis. First time out this winter, even though we've had tons of snow. My doggies saw them and went ballistic (guess they remembered them from last year). We got a nice, long run in down by the river together. Previous times out, I'd stash a flask of something in my pocket to "help keep warm." All I craved while out tonight was my lemon wedge water
Good to read and catch up with everyone ~ time to EAT...
✌💚💪
-Z
sounds like you live in a beautiful place. I'm envious as love snow 😃 hope you and the doggies had a great time
Old 02-21-2019, 10:04 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonniefloyd View Post
Dieting on holiday? Pshhh. I’ve got to agree with both of you on this one. I am all about the food when I travel.

Anyway, Im going to go ahead and engage in some obnoxious boasting. Today I got all productive and organized my closet, donated a bunch of stuff, all while sticking to my diet and being sober. Seriously, my closet is a thing of beauty. All my hangers match, and everything is organized by category and color. If the universe wills it, it might even stay that way for a day or two.

Also I straightened my makeup drawer, worked on training my dog to “leave it”, matched a BUNCH of stray socks, and vacuumed under all the furniture. So... yeah, I’m feeling pretty smug.

But if this rain doesn’t clear up soon, I’m going to fly into a homicidal rage. Either that or I’ll have to find something else to organize.

On well, I’m off to treat myself to some fancy tea I picked up earlier in the week. (It’s not really fancy, but that’s what my little one calls it.). Later, peeps! ❤️
seriously impressive bonnie. I am also a tad envious in a nice way of course 😃 I live in an old farmhouse that is 1.5 storeys so upstairs has short slanty roofs and can't fit a wardrobe /closet in upright 😢 your afternoon sounds wonderful therapeutic and productive. See what we can do when sobet it's so great to read everyone's posts.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:07 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

So it's another beautiful morning in Africa. I slept badly the night before travel and our first night here but ladt night slept wonderfully. I never tire of waking without a hangover. I don't feel as though I'm missing out not drinking.

so although it's the hols I'm going to TRY and eat better today. The emphasis on try 😂 I will not beat myself up if I fail. Does anyone else find if they sleep badly they eat badly? Now I'm rested I feel the need to eat more healthily.

anyway off ton the water park. Have a good day x
Old 02-21-2019, 10:53 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning all . I also am going to eat better today ral ! No carbs ! ... We will see lol
Old 02-21-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Morning all . I also am going to eat better today ral ! No carbs ! ... We will see lol
we can do it strawberry 😃 I've had greek yoghurt fruit and flax seeds for breakfast. Starting well😂
Old 02-22-2019, 01:31 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

H379 - sorry you are having a hard time. Wishing you a better day today x

Ready - I will wave straight back! My lovely parents live at the north coast by the sea and on a clear day, you can just about see Scotland. The sea is so therapeutic.

Zig - I love how you turned the little flask habit around! Nice one
Old 02-22-2019, 02:08 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Morning,

Thank you all for your concerns and support. What happened yesterday maybe one of moment, I spent a lot of time analyzing my current life. And realized there is a lot more that requires to be fixed and soon.

I remember somewhere reading Dee's comment about heavy vs light lifting. Don't shoot for 300 pounds. I completely get it. I think I need to be selective and I need a plan for each.

I have to be very careful or else I will fail on both, the change and sobriety. And if I don't make these changes soon, then few more of these moments and I might be drinking (thought of drinking didn't even pass my mind yesterday).

I cannot hide behind early sobriety. I need to man up and fight. Fight on many fronts, I need to be smart, selective, resourceful, pick challenges with quick wins to make me feel good. Some may be difficult but have a plan to measure my success on the march to the goal.

I am not sure if I am making any sense. I will share more to share as i formulate this plan. I am confident with your all support I can over come these challenges.

I came back to edit the above note.

I am not depressed or sad, if anything I am all positive. I think I am saying these past few days make me belive that I can do more.

Thank you all.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:19 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

You're handling all of this really well. We are here for you x
Old 02-22-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Sending everyone positive energy for all the hobbies, good nutrition, traveling, and clarity of mind that our collective sobriety makes possible. One more week on enjoying this found "freedom" in this month of February. Let's make the last week the best sober week so far!!! Thinking of everyone in the class (glad you joined us Sophie)!!!
Old 02-22-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

In for another sober weekend 😃
24 days
9 hrs
31 mins
Do you think I'm counting 😂😂
Old 02-22-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good day although a little cooler. Think we might have to down a few factors in the sun cream to get the best tan.

No thoughts of wine today. Pool day and massage . Jr ral had one too. mother and son spa day 😂 then out for pad Thai.

hope everyone doing ok. Really tired now and early start for starter scuba diving 😃