Notices

Class of January 2019 part 5

Old 02-20-2019, 05:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by H379 View Post
Sorry Bonnie, I just finished it all. Next time.

Good night all!
Next time I hope you being enough for the whole class, young man.

Goodnight!
Old 02-20-2019, 05:48 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Bonnie, you're doing great. Sounds like you've thought about why the almost-slip happened and are prepared to prevent it from happening again.

Listae, I have totally done things like that before. One of the last crazy things I did while drunk was to break my bedside lamp in two. I was trying to turn it off and knocked it over instead, so it's actually been in two pieces for months now -- I've just been balancing one on top of the other so it doesn't look broken. I'm thinking that soon perhaps I'll use some of the money I'm saving by not drinking and buy myself a new one?

Ugh, I'm so glad I don't have to deal with stupid sh*t like that anymore, stuff that would never make sense to a normal person.

I went to work at 7:45 am today, left around 5:20pm, and then worked later at home from about 7pm-8:30pm or so. I know i'm probably working too much, but I just have so much to do. I also somewhat fell off the diet wagon today because I just couldn't deal with dieting on top of doing so much work, but oh well. At least I'm not drinking. Tomorrow the BF is coming over for dinner and I'm going to cook for us so looking forward to that.

Going to journal for a while, then bed so I can start at work early again. Night all.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning all 😃

7am here sat on balcony. Too excited to sleep. Seriously I want to savour every moment of my sober holiday.

Change of plan though Jr ral is tired from travelling understandably so. I have cancelled tomorrow s triP to luxor. It's a 4 hr drive each way and I'm a terrible passenger . Chilling at the pool and on the water slides is the plan.

how lovely it is to wake feeling clear headed and sober.

I still eat fruit bonnie so not proper keto. I know if I'm too strict I will let fail. I just cut out carbs and processed sugar.

have a great day. X
Old 02-21-2019, 12:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Me too fruits and veg are my favorite so I just cut out carbs and sugar !

Yes same time zone ral! Beutiful day here sun is hot ! X
Has anyone hear from JT?
Old 02-21-2019, 12:53 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone

I slept really well last night. Busy day with a new client today, then making curry later for dinner. Anyone else look forward to dinner from the moment you wake up? Lol!
Old 02-21-2019, 02:01 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Morning Sophie or evening where ever you are 😃 curry sounds fabulous. I've had such a huge breakfast today was ravenous. So much for keto 😱

waving at you up the red Sea and across the med strawberry. It's 22 here and climbing though feels about 35 to me after the Scottish winter 😂
Old 02-21-2019, 02:35 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Morning All,

2 hobbies I need to change, Cigarettes and chocolates. I rarely ate them, I had good control even though I have a sweet tooth.

I am going to try cigarettes again starting today. I will keep trying. I gave this a lot of thought. Like alcohol cigarette is going to make anything better in my life. So quit it.

While all are talking about food. My breakfast will be avocado and sunny side up. And fresh fruits and veggies all day and then some chicken for dinner.

Have a great day. Another very busy day at work.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I love this food chat! It's almost like we have addictive personalities or something lol.

I am in Ireland, Ready, so still morning

Hope you are all having a great day x
Old 02-21-2019, 04:04 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

What's a sunny side up ??? Lol
Old 02-21-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobersophie View Post
I love this food chat! It's almost like we have addictive personalities or something lol.
x
Ya think?? Ha ha! Love food...

I am also eating a low carb diet. Cut out all flour and sugar. And I feel amazing. Lost another 4 lbs and I really think it’s contributing to my peace and contentment. Also, zero wine cravings. So pleased!

Somebody mentioned a chocolate ricotta dessert? If you read this, tell me what that’s like...need a few more recipes to satisfy the “need” for dessert.

RAL, enjoy the day. Sounds wonderful to be there.

Today is a significant milestone for me in my new sober living. 53 days. The longest I’ve made it is 52, last year. I know why I relapsed (both times) in 2018, so I’ve changed my view of upcoming events like weddings, family reunions. I’m prepared to enjoy these gatherings sober. I am loving my new life and myself again.

Must go get busy with the day. Have a good one, class!
Old 02-21-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Amazing job on your weight loss and your fantastic new milestone, quitnow! You are one day ahead of me.

I am also losing weight quite successfully, but for me life simply wouldn't be worth living without carbs haha. I guess you just have to do what works for you.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Here’s the recipe I use for low carb pudding, if anyone is interested:
  • 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta — the good kind
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • Sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Blend until smooth and refrigerate. I usually double the recipe and keep it around. If you use high quality ingredients it’s actually very satisfying when you want something sweet.

Anyway, I’m on day .... 46? Not much planned today, I have to go shopping for a western style outfit for my little one for “Go Western Day” at her school.

Speaking of which, Mr Bonnie wants to go to the rodeo this year. (We’re in Houston, it’s a big deal around here every February.) I’m not into cowboy stuff, but it’s fun for people watching.

I’m used to drinking a lot at the rodeo, but I think I’ll take a day off from my diet, and instead of drinking, I’ll eat whatever I want. It’s hard to feel deprived when you’re eating a fried candy bar.

And Mr Bonnie wants us to wear cowboy-looking clothing for the occasion. (He’s English, and his relatives will get a real kick out of the photos) This could be fun but means I have to spend money on stuff I would never wear the rest of the year. I’ll choose to dress for comfort though; I’m less likely to want to drink if I’m comfortable.

So to sum up, my sober rodeo plan is this;
  • fried candy bars
  • comfortable attire
Well, I’m off for my walk now, then shopping. Have a lovely day! ❤️❤️❤️
Old 02-21-2019, 07:37 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobersophie View Post
Amazing job on your weight loss and your fantastic new milestone, quitnow! You are one day ahead of me.

I am also losing weight quite successfully, but for me life simply wouldn't be worth living without carbs haha. I guess you just have to do what works for you.
Lol! Yes, the best diet is always the one you’ll stick with.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
What's a sunny side up ??? Lol
American way of saying fried egg. The yolk is all yellow and flowing when cut into.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Congrats Quitnow,

I would love to be on a vacation enjoying the rodeo show wearing cowboy clothes and eating fried Snickers.

Life would be so fun who would care about alcohol and diet.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Had a fabulous day in the sun. Played on the slides had a massage swam. Sat outside now it's cold 😱 I won't deny the thought of wine crossed my mind today . 😩
Old 02-21-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I made bread rolls and iced ten with chocolate icing for the kids and eat 2 ! Oooooops diet starts again tomorrow ! Ahrrrrrr just 3 little kilos I want to loose but all I want to do
Is eat !
Old 02-21-2019, 10:06 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

See I always thought you were American strawberry but lived in Greece. But I know you can't be after sunny side up 😃

it's like do you ever read people's posts for months and think they are one gender then realise they are the other and it really surprises you 😃 funny isn't it how we assume things from people's posts.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:08 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

In bed reading and on sr. Another day accomplished. Fleeting thoughts of wine but just fleeting. I do not drink. I wI'll not drink. I will be clear headed tomorrow .
Old 02-21-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post

it's like do you ever read people's posts for months and think they are one gender then realise they are the other and it really surprises you 😃 funny isn't it how we assume things from people's posts.
I get this sometimes when I'm reading and I have an image of a character in my head, then half way through the author goes, 'He brushed his blonde hair away from his tanned face,' or something and I'm like no!! That's not what he looks like! lol