Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 429

Old 01-27-2019, 04:04 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I just realized I use a lot of exclamation points in my posts!! Ok, that one I did for fun, lol. Going to work on this...
Old 01-27-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

24 more please. Love to all.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hope your leg feels better soon Jo. Rest as much as you can and you'll be back out dog walking before you know it. I've just got back from a dog walk that all became a bit eventful. It's really windy here today.... really windy. I was throwing my dog's ball with the ball flinger thing and the wind caught the ball and blew it over this barbed wire fence. My dog loves his ball almost as much as food so naturally he went charging towards the fence. I called out to him to stop and tried to catch up with him but the ground was really muddy and I was slipping all over the place in my wellies. And actually even if the ground was dry and I was wearing my running trainers I wouldn't catch up with my dog because he's fast.... he's got 4 legs after all as opposed to my 2 so it wouldn't be a fair race .... Anyway, I couldn't catch him and he crawled under the barbed wire fence and found his ball. But then he seemed a bit confused. He didn't seem to want to come back the same way. So we just stood there looking at each other with the fence between us. Then over the sound of the wind I heard something else. Galloping. Horses. Three horses started galloping towards my dog ..... they must have been further back in the field beyond the barbed wire fence. My dog turned towards them and started wagging his tail.... he thinks everyone is his friend. And I'm sure these horses were friendly but they were massive and if they got to my dog and kicked him...... so I started screaming at him to crawl under the fence but he just kept standing there wagging his tail. And I was proper panicking now..... screaming his name and looking around for a random passer-by with common sense to solve the situation when suddenly my dog turned towards me and jumped over the fence! From a standing position he jumped the fence .... unbelievable. Especially when you consider that he's a clumsy labrador with dodgy hips. Then we continued with our walk and I wondered, not for the first time in my life, how on earth I would cope in a proper emergency.
Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxx
Old 01-27-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Old 01-27-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

“It hurts now, but one day it will be your warm up.” – Anonymous

5:25am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 01-27-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 01-27-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

24 more for OD
Old 01-27-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

24 more for me, too!
Old 01-27-2019, 05:10 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sunflowerlife, I was looking at Moldavite on line a few days ago! I hear it is really good! I have some pink quartz and some amber coloured chakra stone. I go to reiki too. I may invest in a small piec3 of moldavite.

kenton, your dog was amazing jumping the fence from where he was stood. I think in the face of danger or when we really need them, we can all pull out some miracles.’s
Old 01-27-2019, 05:14 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Afternoon all. I haven't signed in for a couple of days, been away visiting friends and family, but am fine and sober. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:23 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 6 pm EST ~ 5.59 pm EST.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
ANewDayNYC
Athyrium
ardy
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
bluewaters
bravesjp
Canadian Koala
Chaisson
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
Coco6054
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
ForMeForThem
FormerBeerLover
gatorman
Gilmer ♥RIP♥
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Guener
H379
Hats
Hevyn
Jack16
joandmelandhan
John65
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
Kris47
least
LillianGish
lilymaz
listae
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
mystified
neferkamichael
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
OliveDog
Optimist4ever57
Paperbag
PhoenixJ
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
Red78
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
SaturatedSeize
SnoozyQ
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
StartAnew68
Stubbs16
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
Time2LLL60
tomls
travelbug
Tynesider22
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

January 27, 2019

aussieblue ~ 3 weeks!
Endoftheday ~ 3 weeks!
H379 ~ 4 weeks!
Neoo ~ 2 years!! ♥♥
venuscat ~ 4 years & 3 months!
1newcreation ~ 6 years & 5 months!

Old 01-27-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I am ready for the 24 challenge.

Be courteous!!!
Old 01-27-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Bailey honey.....I need your date.
If that is OK.....I am missing a few still..... huge hugs for you love. ♥♥
Old 01-27-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus and Congrats to you as well
Old 01-27-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

YOU ARE A LEGEND NEOO!!!!

What a week for you hey..... ♥♥
Old 01-27-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Hope your leg feels better soon Jo. Rest as much as you can and you'll be back out dog walking before you know it. I've just got back from a dog walk that all became a bit eventful. It's really windy here today.... really windy. I was throwing my dog's ball with the ball flinger thing and the wind caught the ball and blew it over this barbed wire fence. My dog loves his ball almost as much as food so naturally he went charging towards the fence. I called out to him to stop and tried to catch up with him but the ground was really muddy and I was slipping all over the place in my wellies. And actually even if the ground was dry and I was wearing my running trainers I wouldn't catch up with my dog because he's fast.... he's got 4 legs after all as opposed to my 2 so it wouldn't be a fair race .... Anyway, I couldn't catch him and he crawled under the barbed wire fence and found his ball. But then he seemed a bit confused. He didn't seem to want to come back the same way. So we just stood there looking at each other with the fence between us. Then over the sound of the wind I heard something else. Galloping. Horses. Three horses started galloping towards my dog ..... they must have been further back in the field beyond the barbed wire fence. My dog turned towards them and started wagging his tail.... he thinks everyone is his friend. And I'm sure these horses were friendly but they were massive and if they got to my dog and kicked him...... so I started screaming at him to crawl under the fence but he just kept standing there wagging his tail. And I was proper panicking now..... screaming his name and looking around for a random passer-by with common sense to solve the situation when suddenly my dog turned towards me and jumped over the fence! From a standing position he jumped the fence .... unbelievable. Especially when you consider that he's a clumsy labrador with dodgy hips. Then we continued with our walk and I wondered, not for the first time in my life, how on earth I would cope in a proper emergency.
Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxx
I almost couldn't read this....I was scared.

I beseech you darling kent....write a book about your dog. Write one chapter from you and then one from him....right through the book....you will make a ZILLION dollars.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I just realized I use a lot of exclamation points in my posts!! Ok, that one I did for fun, lol. Going to work on this...

Yes!!! Far too much emotion around here....people all excited about life and such....

If you take a writing job there are strict rules about the use of the exclamation point. It is very amusing.

Love you dear dear Sunny.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
I'm down (that means "in") for another 24 team! I exercised today for thirty minutes probably for the first time in five years. The experience of not drinking far outweighs the experience of being a drunk!
Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
Ken & I are feeling blue, our Mark flew today to New Orleans. Tommorow morning early a Carnival Shuttle picks him up, along with many employees waiting to begin new careers or returning employees like Mark.

I asked what the area he's at look like .... "swampy" is pretty much all I got from him. Already miss him, but it's a positive direction he's going toward. He's 27, 10 years sober, and starting another new adventure on the high seas!! 🛳❤️

I'm in for my next 24 too!
Bobbi
I actually quoted you in another thread dear Bobbi.....I LOVE this post....of course not the part where you miss him

But but but.....I love what listae said and then I saw this....look what we can do people???? How incredible this journey can be....Bobbi and her husband and son are my personal heroes....thank you for being here love.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness Neoo!! 2 years!!! (I'm breaking all the exclamation marks rules because I'm so happy!).... how incredible that you celebrate 2 years sobriety and get engaged in the same week!! Absolutely fantastic. Well done Neoo... so happy for you and for everyone celebrating a milestone today.

And Suze, my dog does feature in the book I'm currently writing .... I was inspired by your suggestion. Thank you for all your endless support and kindness. Actually, thank you for being you xxxx
Old 01-27-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

♥♥