Administrator

Arrow Class of January 2019 part 3

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 01-23-2019, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just poking my head in to say hi
Got a slight problem as my blender broke last night & I've lately become very fond of chocolate milkshakes. Thinking I may have to dust off the juicer one of my sisters gifted me & see if that can work
creeping up on day (night) #13 & feeling alright
Take care fellow Januarians
-Z
Old 01-23-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 21- Yes. I'm finally at the 3 week mark. Next biggie will be the month mark and I can't wait. I put on a pair of pants today and for some reason they felt tighter than normal which makes no sense since I have not been drinking for 3 weeks. I have also started exercising in the past week and eating better for the full three weeks. I want to lose the 20 pounds that I have gained over the past few years of drinking and barely exercising. However, I don't have a scale in my house. I have a highly addictive personality with scales. I hate them. If I had one, I would weigh like 5 times a day and go crazy with the numbers.
Anyway- congrats to everyone today and lets stay sober together!
Hope
Old 01-23-2019, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm trying to post each morning as a way of showing accountability, but got distracted this morning. Had a good day teaching and otherwise, and will be back to post again tomorrow am.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just popping in to say hi..
Old 01-23-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi gang

D
Old 01-23-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello classmates: I caught up with everyone's check-ins on the last thread. It was good to read about so many people's sober days and general improvement. Super. I'm happy that I stayed sober too for day 23 and am committed to do the same for tomorrow. I'm being more productive now in other aspects of my life but I need the daily reminders about the benefits of sobriety. I feel a little triggered when I leave work but it passes and I re-focus on another task. Let's keep the sober train going!!!
Old 01-23-2019, 07:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We are on part 3 impressive. But the most impressive thing is, many of us are in double digits and many have come back after slipping. I have strong feeling that this group is going to go far and will surprise ourselves with our daily successes becoming weeks, months and hopefully years.

Prayers for such a success!!!
Old 01-23-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 23

Good evening all. Nothing new to report here. Cold, wintery day in KC today. I started looking a real-estate in the south where it is warm.
Just day dreaming.....Day 23. No cravings today. Just a quiet, boring, normal day. Life is good. Sleep tight all. Stay strong, stay sober.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!

Yeah just winding down another great day. Day 23 since the last drop, that is. I'm grateful to be here and never felt happier and more confident in this quest.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'll check in too. It's been a pretty good day. Day 24. So pleased to be back here. Zero desire to drink. I feel my body healing from the inside out. Gotta love a sober life!

Wasting LIfe, Thinking of you and wondering how you're doing?

Citrus? Come on back when you're ready.

Anyone else who has relapsed, come on back. It really is worth the effort. Not easy; but totally worth it.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning all
Old 01-23-2019, 11:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 24

That’s the longest sleep in yet - and on a day when I’m a bit busy, which kind of spoils the feeling of euphoria that maybe my body is returning back to ‘normal’ again.

Had a bit of a blow to my long term confidence late afternoon yesterday. I’ll have to keep it short but Mrs JT and I bumped into two friends (on a local dog walk) that we are going on a short trip with in early May. They asked how our Dry January was going and how long we were keeping it up. I laughed and said that I felt great and “maybe forever” and they both said “we’re not going away with you in May then!”

Now to be fair a) they are lovely, lovely people b) they don’t realise that I think I have a massive issue with alcohol - but it really sent me into a couple of hours ‘spin’ as to the futility of the whole thing. Then.... after a couple of hours I just settled down and recognised May was (in reality) quite a long way away. The truth is I have a lot of triggers and calendar events to hurdle between now and then. I’ll deal with May when it comes about.

Just a little story about my day yesterday and how Evil Tony (my AV) had his fun with me for two hours.

Have a great day alcohol free.

JT
Old 01-23-2019, 11:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

All our insecurities...that's exactly the stuff the addicted part of us will play on.
Sober life will be boring, we'll have no friends, we'll be laughed at, it's futile to even try.

All not true - I guarantee it

D
Old 01-23-2019, 11:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'd like to rejoin please. I started off earlier in the month but struggled, picked up again and have just had a pretty rough month all round. I have looked into the class but felt a but overwhelmed with it all.

Anyway I was going to join the Feb thread but as that's still a week away think it's best I jump back in here. I can't do this on my own. I know I'm getting worse, not even enjoying drinking at all but feeling I need to drink. I'm on day 4 and determined to get through the weekend. The class threads offer such great support and help me stay accountable. Thank you.
RAL
Old 01-23-2019, 11:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi RAL - I have been in many classes as you know. Sometimes it is true that a certain ‘huddle’ gets created in groups that start together (I wouldn’t go as far as to say ‘cliques’).

But I can honestly say that the January class isn’t like that. Maybe it’s because we have a lot of New Year resolution quitters in here or first time trys? I don’t know?

I’m not knocking the class as it’s great to memorialise ones efforts in here on a daily basis and receive some feedback. I suppose I’m just saying that you don’t have any ‘storyline’ to break through or ‘huddles’ to be invited into?

Great to have you back and well done for resisting your AV that was telling you to wait until Feb!

JT
Old 01-23-2019, 11:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Tony I didn't think it was cliquey - more the sheer volume of people meant I just couldn't keep up As you say January is always a busy month. Maybe it was my AV keeping me away.

Anyway, I'm back now and looking forward to getting to know everyone in the class. Thanks for your kindness and congrats on your sober time

I feel better and more positive just being on here and having checked in.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back RAL

D
Old 01-24-2019, 12:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Was wondering where you were RAL welcome back !

Tony don't worry about may.... One day at a time !

I got out my pjs this morning and went for a walk in the rain with the dog for an hour . I've made cabbage soup for today and ha 2 boiled eggs for breakfast ( and 4 coffees ;( )
No cigs .... And i also did a 15 min YouTube workout after the walk .
Really need the rain to stop as I have to muck out the goat shed ! I'm feelin far to lazy to do it.
Still no desire to drink at the moment. But I know it changes in a split second
God have mercy on me X
Old 01-24-2019, 12:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Strawberry, It's good to be back.