24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 429

Old 02-01-2019, 11:59 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

So he is a moron.
No.
A human being who did an unwise thing.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Back again for another go at it. 344 pm. Thanks so very much to our venuscat for giving me the courage and confidence to come back here. Feeling pretty low right about now. I always do better when I stay connected to SR.

24 PLEASE.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:51 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

We love you sweetie.....and we missed you....and we don't judge.....we have ALL been there way more times than we wish....

Proud of you love.....now let's do this thing together. ♥♥
Old 02-01-2019, 12:53 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
I’m finally off! 11 straight days of non-stop work nonsense but I made it. So the house was empty of food so off I went shopping. I passed the beer and wine aisle and looked. I thought about it. Oh, yes, I could ‘celebrate ‘ my success but isn’t that more like a punishment? Feeling sick and sad, and unable to catch up on the sleep I desperately need? I don’t want that! Maybe I could just cook a good meal and relax instead. Some people say alcohol is relaxing but it isn’t . So I finished my shopping and went home. I had many errands to run but I’m off Monday. It can wait.

If I could do one thing better, just one I would like to care less about work. I care too much, such that it consumes my thoughts and keeps me awake with worry—even on my days off. I really think it’s one of the keys to happiness. It’s not that I shouldn’t care at all, just not care sooooo much. Life is short and I have friends and family and hobbies that are being neglected. It’s not good. Sure, it’s part of our culture..the uptight perfectionist culture but none of those people are happy. I picked up my phone and hit the browser and there was my work email with dozens of conversations and reply-all’s and I started to read but then I was like STOP! HALT! I’ll get paid the same whether I read that or not. If the database is on fire just let it burn..... . I have some grilling and chilling and movies to watch—much more important.

24 please

Love

Red
I have missed you so much this week.....and I was wondering how it is all going.

Yes....too much of the tough stuff and not enough love and friendship and time for us....I am the same way.....but we will get there. I know we will.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Thank you venuscat. Im ready.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:55 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

♥♥♥
Old 02-01-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have missed you so much this week.....and I was wondering how it is all going.

Yes....too much of the tough stuff and not enough love and friendship and time for us....I am the same way.....but we will get there. I know we will.
Awe, thanks for saying that! I wish you could pop over—I’m spending time on the patio and will do a little grilling since it’s a balmy ..ummm...I need to translate...18 Celsius? 66 Fahrenheit so something close to that. We’re having quite the thaw and I hope it heads your way. Snow is so lovely when it first falls, though. Enjoy your crisp clean scene!

I am loving not thinking—it took me hours to decompress but am fully in weekend mode. So happy to be back on the boards and focusing on important things!

Love you my friend. We’ll get the balance right. Like Depeche Mode. Hahaaaa

Xx
Old 02-01-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

JEALOUS...and one day I will pop over....mind,, there will be two of us.
It sounds so beautiful Red...66....man.....that is just not fair.

Mind you.....I just had HUGE fun romping through the deep snow in my slipper socks to put a bowl of food out for the squirrels and birds....and my rabbit...she is still around, I saw her yesterday morning.

I love it.....you stomp through the snow and wipe the cold powder off quick and you are still dry....magic.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:55 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I will be needing another 24 sober ones, please.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

checked in
Old 02-01-2019, 04:05 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-430-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 430)

D