Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 75

Old 12-17-2018, 06:14 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I made a hard decision today- to distance myself from a friend who is very much on the downward spiral to reach a catastrophic rock-b. This person is getting unsafe now- and that is not OK for my recovery (I spent 7 hours in the last 2w- but not even trying now- just waits to be rescued, outa my league).

Hand is sore.

I passed the 3 subjects I did in my BVA. Just found out.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

xx more congrats PJ....nie all xx
Old 12-18-2018, 02:13 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

That's very wise of you PJ ~ we need that oxygen mask for ourselves before we can do anything else....

And Congrats on passing your art subjects! Maybe we can see more pics of your work

Climbing back up from another dumb decision making weekend, with Christmas coming up.....av's like "yeah right, don't even bother" ~ haven't attended any meetings lately and been slacking on exercise too.....same ol' crap!

Hope you all have a fabulous day! Hi Lillian!
Old 12-18-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
Sweet, I've been promoted, thanks Dee!

I noticed Casey was MIA as well. Here's hoping he comes back quickly.
lol. long day 13th

Purps - make the effort dagnabbit -- you're worth it

D
Old 12-18-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Morning!

On my way to work. Let’s just say that my days off were counterproductive. But back at it today and grateful for another chance to get it right.

Bobbie - that story gave me chills. So glad you’re doing the work you’re doing and prayers go out to that woman and her family.

Well keeping it short this morning. Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 12-18-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
lol. long day 13th
I kid because I care. The sheer volume of work you do here means an unexpected promotion here or there.

Purps and Sam, I'm right there with you. We have to keep going and remember what works for us and what doesn't. Play the tape forward and not let our AV get to us.

Congrats PJ!
Old 12-18-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
I made a hard decision today- to distance myself from a friend who is very much on the downward spiral to reach a catastrophic rock-b. This person is getting unsafe now- and that is not OK for my recovery (I spent 7 hours in the last 2w- but not even trying now- just waits to be rescued, outa my league).

Hand is sore.

I passed the 3 subjects I did in my BVA. Just found out.
Sorry, didn't read this properly.....I am very glad you have made this decision PJ: I was worried. You have done a lot for your friend already. Time for you. And I hope you have less pain tomorrow love.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
lol. long day 13th

Purps - make the effort dagnabbit -- you're worth it

D
Ah ha.

Ms Purps is super-sensational....and I keep telling you I am here for you r dear Purps and I need to do better.....HERE.....on the phone.....text or voice and let's DO THIS girl.....it is Tuesday.....what do you have on today? What is happening with work? And the four-paws? How is your mum? ♥♥
Old 12-18-2018, 06:15 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Where are my coffee buddies? s

And hello dear Sam. xx
Old 12-18-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Good morning! Busy here in my office today. Will check in later. Congrats on passing your classes, PHX.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:56 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

PHX, that sounded like a tough decision to walk away from that situation but it also sounds like a good decision. Sorry your hand hurts, and congrats on passing those exams!!

13th/14th, Purps and Sam - make a plan, do one right thing then do another right thing - start building some positive experiences.

Hello to everyone else!! Have a great day
Old 12-18-2018, 09:52 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I received a pack of discharge info last week. It mentioned the Burns Unit has a clinical psychologist I can access.
I did not think on it too much, until today after my outpatients appointment.
I continue to grow and thrive in the eyes of many people. The last being passing the difficult art subjects. So when people say 'you MUST/SHOULD be proud of yourself', I asked myself today- why is it I do not. That I seem to feel more sadness and anxiety, more tears and fatigue?

Obviously this emotional pain needs addressing. The CBT psychologist helps me problem solve the here and now. My GP monitors my everyday depression- so why is it, that externally I can seem to be doing so well, to act the part- while still feeling as crap as I did when I first woke from the coma post burns?

I know enough to know it is time to delve more deeply into my past- to understand and accept and perhaps let go.
Or whatever.
Where there is any pain- be it emotional, spiritual and physical, that means there is work to be done.

If I do not- this puts my recovery into jeopardy- and that will not happen.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:21 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

I think pursuit of the different avenue of therapy will be very fruitful, PJ.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hey PHX, the extra professional help sounds like a smart move as well. When the pain becomes too extreme and you get out of whack, get help. Some pain is part of life, but there is good pain and bad pain - it sounds like you've got a handle on the difference.

Originally Posted by
[B
13th/14th, Purps and Sam[/B] - make a plan, do one right thing then do another right thing - start building some positive experiences.
Had to take my own advice here last night, and do the next right thing. Had some pretty strong cravings, but I managed to ward them off. Working those sober muscles.

Got my starting fluid going now. Busy today and tomorrow, then it should start slowing down in advance of Christmas.

Hump Dayyyyyy!!!!
Old 12-19-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Gilmer, nice to see you in this March 2016 thread. Hope you have a great day
Old 12-19-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
So do I PJ love.

You and I share some things.....our unwillingness to forgive ourselves for example, and I know that I am going to be healing, one way or another, for a very long time. I am doing lots of different things to get there.....new things that bring me joy. Sometimes I am proud of myself for a whole day now.

It will take time love....and we will be proud as punch of your incredible achievements with you and for you, and one day you will feel the same.

Love you bunches. ♥♥
Old 12-19-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

PHX - your insight is impressive. I have every confidence you will tackle this - however painful it will be - and come out on the other side. The truth is - you may never be "happy" without the contact with your sons, but I do think you can find a peace you can live with.

MITA - good job flexing those muscles.

Good morning, Suze and Gilmer. Time for my morning tea. I need to catch up with you guys.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-19-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I totally messed up....I haven't sent Christmas cards to you darling Bobbie or any of my dear friends here....I have just struggled to keep my head above all of this...the gifts and organising and such....can I send late Christmas cards? hmm.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I totally messed up....I haven't sent Christmas cards to you darling Bobbie or any of my dear friends here....I have just struggled to keep my head above all of this...the gifts and organising and such....can I send late Christmas cards? hmm.
Not a mess up. I don't send them anymore. Just Merry Christmas or whatever you wish to convey is more than appropriate. Don't sweat it. Christmas shouldn't be as stressful as we tend to make it.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I am not that stupid- to think even if my sons embrace me back into their lives, all forgiven- that 'everything will then be alright'. Such thinking would be similar to a geographical- that if such-and-such is changed (external stuff) my life will magically be better.
I know better than that. My crap is INTERNAL.
And yes Suze it is gonna take time, and yes B maybe there may be no reconciliation.
AND yes MITA, there is good pain...that which indicates a warning stuff needs doing. If ignored - persists and effects our health, that is when it gets bad.
All I can say is since the relatively minor hand surgery, I have been experiencing an emotional pain. Flashbacks and reminders of the 20 very serious procedure done 3y ago, and the very real physical pain. But when I start to use the disfigurement of my body (due to burns) as a metaphor of how apt it is, as I am also a spiritual ******- then I need to address stuff.

Writing such words here helps to consolidate my thinking.
Thanks and support to all.

Thus endeth the lesson.