Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 75

Old 01-19-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
I'm here, just not much to say. Still doing the wrong things. Talked AA and detox with a fellow alkie recently. A fellow that has over a year; trying to figure out why getting over the hurdle to just a full week is so absent of my ability.
I wish I could help 13th. But, I just don't know what to say.

You do stick around. That's a good thing!
Old 01-19-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hey MITA. Did you break 100?
Old 01-19-2019, 05:30 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Keep posting, 13th.

Have been doing much about nothing of late- the heat (40C for a weekish), hand sore- got into a bit of a rut.

SO! Back to life this week. HAVE to make prep's for new semester. Hand still sore, plus a lot of other bits- probably related to contractures and stuff, but a week of self saucing in misery has to be enough.

Apparently life will not suddenly get really easy and give me what I want by watching tele and doing word puzzles.

Resistance to change- living with familiar feelings of not being worth it etc, goes waaay back to kid stuff.

So onwards and upward Marcherino's.

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!
Old 01-19-2019, 06:55 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hey there friends....struggled a bit earlier while at the movie theater....went to see Bohemian Rhapsody for the 2nd time; my uncle is visiting from out of town & he hadn't seen it yet. Luckily he is in recovery too, so no one got alcohol but it kept running through my mind like UGH...I can't imagine never drinking again....wish I could be a normie...

Oh well.....I had dinner & I'm home now.....I'll have some chocolate milk instead

Thanks everyone for being here
Old 01-19-2019, 07:55 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

So sorry Purp. But I hope you know that's not the last time that's gonna' happen! One day at a time friend. Don't think forever and ever!!!
Old 01-19-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

you're doing great purps - thinking about drinking is one thing - it's how we react that counts

D
Old 01-20-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Long before I ever knew I was an alcoholic, I remember thinking that I hated drinking before a movie....it ruined it....I would get sleepy....yet after I quit drinking I so resented people drinking in the movie theatres when I couldn't.....hmm......how crazy is that.

I am so glad you got through that honey....cannot wait to see that movie....I love Rami Malek. He is completely unique.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:41 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

And I will continue to be a giant pain dear 13th and answer that question again....I believe you can't get over that hurdle because you need help detoxing.

If I had continued to drink or started again now....quite frankly....there may be no way I could detox alone again....I believe I would need inpatient help. Because this thing is progressive, and last time I relapsed I only just managed by myself.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
UGH...I can't imagine never drinking again....wish I could be a normie...
Those are honest thoughts, Purps - glad you are sharing them here.

I have been trying to change my thinking from "I never get to drink again" to "I never have to drink again", or something like that - anything to make it not be a burden. Still a work in progress, but progress none the less.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-20-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Well, I have had that feeling too....but to be honest, it was always after I had been drinking and then sober for a while....I think it's one of the AV's best tricks....oh no, you won't be able to ever have fun again, oh no you will miss out forever....on what exactly? Miss out on what? On putting poison in our bodies...because after a certain healthy point alcohol is simply poison.

I was NEVER able to have one or two drinks like normies.....never.
Because I am not one....I have no off switch.

Sure it would nice to be a normie, but then I wouldn't know any of you....and I wouldn't be married and creating a wonderful new life. So in essence, if I was a normie I would really have missed out.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Late check in. Mornin' everybody.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:59 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Thanks guys....made it through the weekend.....weird being around others from AA and none of us drinking....a lingering feeling like Is it always going to be this awkward?

And I ended up watching that game! This is why I don't get into sports, (other than the eye candy aspect.) I was all wound up wanting one team to win so the other would finally shut up! So tired of obnoxious people....thank goodness for Puppy Bowl!

And startin' fluid
Old 01-21-2019, 03:37 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not a normie so there's no use wishing otherwise.
Besides I like the life I've made for myself

we continue here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-76-a.html (Class of March 2016 Part 76)

D