Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 75

Old 12-13-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Morning Sam and everyone. s ♥
Old 12-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning, guys!

PHX - glad you are out and doing well. Good one - sharing the chocolate with the staff. I want a painting too.

Sam - it really is good to have you back here.

Lillian - I don't think I'll ever understand our ever changing insurance. I just do what they tell me.

Purple - I love the yoga Snoopy.

Hope your day is off to a good start, Suze!

Hey BBG!

MITA- I hope you get home soon. It seems like time goes so slowly when a holiday is looming.

13th - have a good one!

Hi Caramel and Dee!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-13-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

My day is going beautifully Bobbie love.....massively busy with medical insurance stuff and Christmas stuff and gee I need to do months of study...ha....not up to that today.....more housework and plants and laundry and gardening and I need to do my Christmas cards and I don't even have anyone's addresses.

The sun is out and I am happy.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hello friends Thursday evening and I'm bracing myself for the weekend since I didn't quite make it sober through last weekend.....I should stock up on more chocolate milk!
Old 12-13-2018, 07:22 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Welcome back Sam - awesome to have you back!!

PHX - heal up! Eat, sleep, rinse, repeat.

Lillian - prayers for you too!

Purps - Get some weekend plans in the works!

We have such a wonderful class - proud to be a small part of it.

A little cranky this evening, but it's bedtime soon so I'll be okay. Just too much work stuff going on - things are a little topsy-turvy there and I can't really do much to change or improve that. Trying to go with the flow

Good night folks - see you in the a.m.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:32 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

repeat post, lazy right now

Not over, not done. The topflight surgeon (the saviour of me) now want to do at least 2 more ops- with probable grafting. Too much damage, too little skin, nerves, muscle to do in one op- that took an hour. So another half year of strict instructions, splinted hands and throbbing soreness (they offered me endone to take home- which I flatly refused..Panadol and brufen for breakthrough- nothing else, my body- my rules wuth meds. They gave me 2 endone when I woke up from the general anaes- local not a choice, when I was not thinking and groggy and I hate that cognitive feeling of being out of control - too much like when I had hallucinations with the drugs I had last time I has ops).
Plus 6 hours sleep since Wed- and the 3 hour wait for one nurse to organize one appointment made me stroppy. I started doing laps of the hall until my paperwork was done, just the one appt.

Did the HALTS bit, ate the healthy meal I made before going in Thursday, took my Panadol- and now I have decided to feel just a little bit sorry for myself..just a little mind.

This all started in the taxi in the way home and I remembered my sons....

sigh.

But considering where I was last time I was an inpatient, small potatoes.

Have a good day all, I plan to.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:19 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Sorry that this has not been the end of your surgeries, PJ; the surgeon will be wanting to do the very best that can be done for you, and offers hope of an optimum result.
I wish you courage, and sleep! and good food and all that.
Well done thus far.
Take care.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:15 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry theres more to come PJ but you're not alone with all this mate

D
Old 12-14-2018, 02:23 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I had to look up Endone....Wow PJ....how courageous (and smart) of you to refuse those meds! And well done with all the mindful crap.....stay close!

Startin' fluid time.....I plan on relaxing at home this weekend ~ not sure if I mentioned it here but last Saturday I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody ~ I enjoyed it so much! But they also serve alcohol and I caved.....it sucks not being able to avoid places with alcohol.....but I did see a preview to a new Elton John movie "Rocketman" which sparked my interest.....it's coming out sometime next year.....I should be better prepared by then!

Thanks everyone for being here ~ I'll check back in after work
Old 12-14-2018, 03:29 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Morning!

PJ - you are a real warrior. So sorry that this wasn’t the end of the road for surgeries for you. Take extra good care of yourself and we are here for you. ❤️ P.S. - next time eat all the treats - don’t share them. Self-care and all that. 😊

Purplrks - lets make it though the weekend together. Monday morning is going to feel so good hangover free 🤗

Hope you slept well MITA and wake up in your sassy pants instead of last nights cranky pants 💃🏼

Well off to work. Went for a rainy, cold run already and I’m feeling pretty invigorated. Hoping you all have a great day!!
Old 12-14-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hang in there PHX!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good morning.

You got this, PHX. We can do hard things. I trust your surgeon (since I looked him up last year) he'll do right by you. Of course you're thinking about your boys and you are sad. You can get sad - just don't camp out there.

Chocolate milk seems like a great deterrent, Purps. I saw A Star is Born a couple of weeks ago. Bohemian Rhapsody is next on my list.

MITA - sorry work sucks for you right now. Personally, I am ready to be independently wealthy.

Suze - your day made me tired. Glad you were happy through it all.

Sam - I think I am getting a new-to-me treadmill for Christmas. I don't like to run outside much. Not sure why. Impressed by your rainy run this morning.

Have a great day, Caramel!

Sweet dreams, Dee.

Hey, BBG!

13th - check in.

Have a pleasant weekend guys! Mine will be busy with babies and a graduation party and the usual - so if I don't check in - I'm thinking about you all.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:15 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
repeat post, lazy right now

Not over, not done. The topflight surgeon (the saviour of me) now want to do at least 2 more ops- with probable grafting. Too much damage, too little skin, nerves, muscle to do in one op- that took an hour. So another half year of strict instructions, splinted hands and throbbing soreness (they offered me endone to take home- which I flatly refused..Panadol and brufen for breakthrough- nothing else, my body- my rules wuth meds. They gave me 2 endone when I woke up from the general anaes- local not a choice, when I was not thinking and groggy and I hate that cognitive feeling of being out of control - too much like when I had hallucinations with the drugs I had last time I has ops).
Plus 6 hours sleep since Wed- and the 3 hour wait for one nurse to organize one appointment made me stroppy. I started doing laps of the hall until my paperwork was done, just the one appt.

Did the HALTS bit, ate the healthy meal I made before going in Thursday, took my Panadol- and now I have decided to feel just a little bit sorry for myself..just a little mind.

This all started in the taxi in the way home and I remembered my sons....

sigh.

But considering where I was last time I was an inpatient, small potatoes.

Have a good day all, I plan to.
Oh love....

I would think the ibuprofen is going to be a better friend than the Panadol atm....God I know this pain....it is not at all fun.

As Dee said, you are not alone in any of this: we are going to be with you every step. It's going to be OK. ♥♥♥
Old 12-14-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good morning Marcheros.

PHX, I'll just echo everyone else's comments - that's a bummer, but maybe better in the long run? It sounds like your surgeon is a good guy, so you've gotta trust that.

Sam, I'm not a runner so I am awed by your effort. I do the treadmill at the gym - I set the incline to between 5% and 7.5% and the speed to something like 3.3 - 3.5mph. I can get my heart rate up to about 140bpm when I do that, and it's not so bad on my joints.

Hey Bobbie. Work is hectic and stressful and unpredictable right now, but it will pass.

Feeling much sassier today, Sam. Went to be before 10:00pm and slept right through to 5:00am - that is a rare feat for me!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-14-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Checking in while seemingly checked out.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Morning PJ love.....how is the pain???
SO MANY HUGS. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 12-14-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Brufen is an antiinflamm-so it does increase the change of bleeding...

B- I am not a camper, self indulgent yesterday- the food and rest helps..as for the pain- nothing compared to what I have been thru- reminds me why I am here. And yes- surgeon is a good guy. I suppose I had marked the surgery as being the final piece in the puzzle- then I could tick it off my goal list. It is just so messy now! I have to put it out there as a goal - more paper, more ink- jeez...time I could be spending drinking coffee.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:32 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

More health care steps. I’m sorry it was unexpected PJ. Sounds like they are taking good care of you.

I do know the feeling. I was just told I’m going to be off work for six months. Woah!

Then my hair started falling out today. And I thought, so glad I won’t be at work!

Speaking for myself, I’m going to let go of expectations for a little while. Might be less stressful. I’m being given six months to get in touch with meaningful goals.

Eating better, exercise, connecting with people...and sitting in medical machines.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Oh gosh honey....you are being so brave Lillian darling.
I am sorry for the shocks....they keep coming I know and you get numb for a bit....

You are amazing at your job and maybe some time off will be fantastic for you? I hope.... And wow, sometimes your hair grows back in twice as thick, or curly instead of straight....maybe even a different colour...

Love you. With you all the way. ♥♥
Old 12-14-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

hugs and best wishes for both you guys Lillian and PJ

D