Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 417

Old 11-06-2018, 10:25 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Checking in at 1:25 am from Ashburn, VA, USA.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:05 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am with you all the way Bobbi and Eric....we are not kids....we have been in this life for a long time now.....on one side or the other....for me, and for you I know...the gratitude is paramount.....we are so LUCKY and so BLESSED to be the survivors....the victors.....and we honour our fallen soldiers over and over again no matter how much it hurts, and we pray for the day that less of us fall.

My beautiful friends....onward together. s ♥♥
What a wonderful post Suze ❤❤❤
Old 11-06-2018, 11:13 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 11-07-2018, 01:09 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Morning all. Its 9.10am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean. Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone, my thoughts and prayers go out to those suffering and struggling.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:32 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

9.30am here in the UK.
Day 2 for me
Checking in for another 24 hours.
It's good to see my name back on the sober list.
Hugs to everyone today.
xxx
Old 11-07-2018, 02:02 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

24 more please...Love to All Whopper I just signed up to IPTV service so I get all US and Canadian Channels not something I usually watch
Old 11-07-2018, 02:16 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=BarbieKen;7049609]
Originally Posted by ravenstorm27 View Post
Shenzy, relapse is part of addiction.

Relapse certainly doesn't have to be PART Of Addiction. We aren't given "freebies" in this disease. Yes, nice advice to keep going and don't give up. And I certainly want my fellow addicts to get back on the Sobriety Path. But .....

I'm not going to sugar coat it folks, people die on relapses. A bump in the road, a hiccup in their Recovery, going out, etc. HOWEVER you want to call it, not everyone makes it back from a relapse " I had to change my sober date"! Please!

Your Celebrity news will show you the "accidental overdoses". Im sure we can all sadly remember a few people.

On a personal note, I experienced friends in the rooms go out and then I hear they overdosed. A memorial is planned. Be it from alcohol, pills, or any assorted drugs, it devastates us personally and as a group.

So , yes Yenzy count yourself blessings that you are still here, you dodged a bullet.

Bobbi

Dee, if this reality is not appropriate on this Forum, I guess you'll remove it. As the kids say ,I'm just keeping it real.
BTW, I was hoping folks would stop glossing over the subject. But, it just continues.
Thank you for your post Bobbi
Agree with you 100%,
No one needs to sugarcoat or gloss over anything here…. what you say is absolutely the truth and we are all 100% aware of the reality and the truth of what an addiction can do and how fatal it can be. If we didn't understand the reality, we wouldn't have the self hate and self loathing...….

I know I've dodged a bullet ….. I'm fairly sure I've dodged many bullets as have others and it's simple "If I don't stop this.....I will likely die from it" …… on that note it should be easy to stop, that should shake anyone to the core ….. but it doesn't....one day, our luck will run out if we don't stop. it's like a game of Russian Roulette.

I'm doing my best and will do everything I can to make sure the last relapse was my last.....but as others have said before, they've had many relapses before they got completely sober (and that's not glossing over it or making excuses or saying it's ok to drink because it's not) but relapses happen as much as no one wants them to. I just need to stop beating about the bush and thinking I can have 1 or 2, because I can't.....and I know that.
I start drinking again because of my unbearable anxiety, I'm dealing with that aswell, meds/counselling/meditation (but that's a whole other story) and I know I'm not alone, the issue and the cause of why I drink (or others drink) needs to be dealt with, otherwise we're just going to keep running in circles.
I know all of this.....but saying and doing are 2 different things.....it's time to take the finger out as they say and deal with it because eventually time will run out.
There is no magic cure.....
I'm so grateful for all the help and support that I'm getting and hope that we can all dig deep enough and find what we need to stop relapsing.
Onwards to happier times.
Big hugs to everyone
Old 11-07-2018, 02:25 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Big Hugs to you Shenzy Great post by the way
Old 11-07-2018, 02:26 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hello Neoo!

24 more please

Old 11-07-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hello CK
Old 11-07-2018, 02:37 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Big Hugs to you Shenzy Great post by the way
Thank you Neoo.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:58 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 5:58am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!!
Old 11-07-2018, 03:10 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 11-07-2018, 03:30 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:30 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:41 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

24 for Red please. Feeling a bit under the weather but going to try and power through. If the power fails, I’ll head home early. Grateful for paid time off when I am sick, my sobriety, and all my 24’s today.

Love

Red
Old 11-07-2018, 03:43 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I'll gladly sign up for another 24 please.

Love to you all. xxx
Old 11-07-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

24 for me

Support to y'all.

On the topic of relapse- my experiences have given me the insight to have learned- the bad feelings the day after a binge, the amount of booze needed to achieve a 'high'? It was like I just picked up from where I left off- just as bad- to much, much worse. There are many personal narratives in the stories thread which reflects personal journeys.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Add me to the 24 hour sober list Venus! I'm in.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:05 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

The thought of Drinking again for me is scary as well.. I just think of the way I feel laying in bed after a binge and been filled with crazy anxiety, sweating, body pains and not sleeping.

Also I think of the dangers I put myself in and other when on a binge as I have learned from my past, so for me the peace of mind every night going to bed even if I am anxious is nothing compared to the nightmare of picking up again
Old 11-07-2018, 04:10 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

coffee and a walk with one of the fellas, they know the routine and are hopping up and down by the door, saliva flying!!! Life is good! Count me in for 24 hours sober, and thankful for being so.