Notices

One Year & Over Part 64

Old 11-09-2018, 10:46 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you can breathe, Mags!

Has the treatment for your underlying condition been going well?
Old 11-09-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Magsie

Suze, In the next village they put covers over the outside plants/bushes which are susceptible to the cold.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Kathy, I’m not getting as ‘rashy’ as I was, it’s still there but less, so that’s a good thing. Back for my bone density scan in a week or so. If they get enough data from all the scans I may not have to have the bone marrow biopsy (she’s says hopefully!)lol.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Go, scans!
Old 11-09-2018, 10:53 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Magsie

Old 11-09-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Here's a photo I took earlier this morning of our first real snow of the season. Turned out to be a little over an inch, but some of it is already melting:

Picture 11.jpg
Old 11-09-2018, 09:34 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Yay Mags!

Winter came here today too, and it is really chilly in my shorts and T-shirt. High of only 55°, and will get down to 35° in the wee hours of the morning. Just for safety I turned on the heaters in the Scamp RV and the small outbuilding that I finished out. I still have liquids in there and two five gallon sealed buckets of sheet rock mud, as well as several gallons of house paint for touching up after we move our stuff out and other stuff we don't want to freeze.
It's been raining sheets for several days and everything is soa
ked.

Hi Kathy!
Old 11-09-2018, 10:10 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs

Have a good weekend
Old 11-10-2018, 12:15 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good Morning Overs.

Why is it bureaucrats make you fill forms with data they already have?

Have a good day everyone.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:35 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Andy, because it makes them feel important

Itchy, 55 degrees F is warm and delightful in my book! Cold is less than 20.

Have a good Saturday, Overs
Old 11-10-2018, 02:35 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Perfect spring weather here.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hi, Itch!

Hi, gang!
Old 11-10-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

-5Celsius here Dee and PJ....oy. So 23 Sass which is bloody cold for this Aussie!!

PS....I am coping by indulging myself. I bought lots of sweaters & sweatshirts....gorgeous sweaters....that's jumpers (but not wool as I am allergic PJ and Dee) and windcheaters....so I need LOTS of cold weather to wear them all. Ha.

Love to you dear Andy and all of the Overs. ♥♥
Old 11-10-2018, 05:28 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

BRRRR...it's a cold one here this morning. The air temp is 20F, but the windchill is right around 5F! Feels more like January than November. Been living with this weather my entire life, so it's not a surprise.

Am probably skipping the card show this weekend. I need to spend some quality time with what I have before I add any more to the collection. I may just hit the arcade today as it's too cold for much of anything else.

Have a great weekend, overs!
Old 11-10-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Magsie

I’ve been to my husbands parents for a visit. Hubby’s mum as Alzheimer’s and her short term memory is getting so bad, bless her.

I hope your weekend is going well so far. Love to all.xx
Old 11-10-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Andy,
One of my all time current pet peeves! If they have it then there is no privacy already so they can share my private info with me again. Here in the US they say it is about privacy rules and I agree things should be private. But once my data is entered into a doctor's files another doctor in the same hospital, clinic, or practice should have only one form for me to sign. One that authorizes him to access my X hospital system ENT doctor's files on me for my X hospital opthamology doc's exam for example. I imagine you are filling out a lot of forms, we all hate them.

Sassy,
Yeah today is cooler at 50°, but it is the humidity that makes it bite. Dry air feels cooler in summer and more comfortable in winter. I agree that 20 is cold. I like it cold when I am/was skiing.

PJ,
It really brings home how tilted we are when we can talk like this from the top to the bottom of the world instantly, one cold the other sweltering in mid seasons.

Hey Gil!

Suze,
5C = 41F. https://www.bing.com/search?q=5+C+in...ZI&form=MOZLBR I've been there in midwinter when it was biting cold at 10°F. Columbus gets some heavy winds too. Brrrr. Back then I smoked and dang near froze my tush off trying to inhale the whole cigarette in one puff to get out of that cold and back inside the convention center. I had the flu I caught on the plane there too.

I'm sorry about your MIL Mags.

I have the heat turned on in the shed and it is perfect, right about 45°, same with the Scamp RV. It is more sure than taking the hassle to pump RV antifreeze through all the pipes. I bent the support strut under the discharge chute the last time I mowed and I ordered a new one, as well as new bolts. So tomorrow I go out and use the grinder to grind off the old bolt heads and replace the strut and the blades. Sure the grass growth is slowing to a stop, but the oak leaves will soon be six inches deep if I don't get out there and mulch and burn starting in a week or three. But the blades hit the bent strut. Fortunately I keep spare blade sets of three, drive, and blade belts, and oil/oil filters. So gotta get out in the shop tomorrow and git r dun!
Old 11-10-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Armistice day. One Grandpa was in the red cross - in France and the other died from cancer from being poisoned with Mustard gas in the trenches somewhere.
I always remember them and throw up a prayer to the universe. It would be truly a miracle if humans did not forget, but also learnt from the past.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:44 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, hopefully, we will never forget, but learn?, I’m dubious about
Old 11-10-2018, 09:44 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Do your best

Seriously well said Phoenix x

London feels chillier than it actually is which is 9°c but i got a hot coffee and ive been stretching for a good bit before i get started

Sending big love to all the overs esp Andy & his family during this most difficult time x
Old 11-10-2018, 11:09 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I'm randomly going to post here because a long, long time ago, when I first visited SR, I was so 'envious'...or rather in awe that there was a 1 year and over thread. It seemed so unattainable to me, to reach that exclusive 'club'.

30 days seemed insurmountable.

Now at just over 3 and a half years sober (can't even believe that's me writing that), I still get a kick to see there's a 1 year and over thread. Please don't ever forget what a blessing that is, even though it seems a small thing. That time is hard won...those first 12 months. A gift.

Anyway, I 'bombed' the thread, but I have never gotten round to posting in the thread that I felt was so unattainable! :P