Notices

Class of September 2018 Part One

Old 09-03-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, I for one am glad you have such a dedicated and responsive MH team StartAnew

welcome Yinzer and Earnit

Tues morning here

D
Old 09-03-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Think I’ve turned a corner, at least for the time being.

I’ve (re) started drinking apple cider vinegar for both health reasons and also to give me some variety in what I drink. I only drink water, coffee and alcohol. Water and coffee alone quickly becomes dull. So I’ve been drinking apple cider vinegar 3 times a day. I kind of look forward to it, especially as a wind-me-down.

It is an acquired taste though. Took me a while but I love it now.

Since going sober I’ve also been eating OMAD or one meal a day during the week. This week I plan to totally cut sugar.

I feel so strong at present but am well aware that in the past I’ve done similar. Gradually the pressure for some kind of relaxation/blow out builds and I drink. I have to figure out how to release this mental pressure before I reach for wine.

My rambling tuppence worth for the day.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:25 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi all, it's been a great long weekend for me and I'm fully chilled out and relaxed, and frankly a bit nervous about getting back to the grind tomorrow. But since I love my job, it makes it a lot easier

Today I went to a wonderful, relaxing yoga class (and felt so much better afterwards), then shopping for pet supplies, then I took my son swimming at a pool. I didn't get as many jobs and tasks done as I had wanted, but there are only so many hours in the day and I have to realistic about what I can accomplish in one weekend.

I'm feeling very strong still, as there is nothing positive left about drinking that could sway me right now. I have been enjoying orange juice over ice in the evenings and it's so refreshing and quenches my thirst!

Have a great evening/day everyone!
Old 09-04-2018, 01:23 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 11. And I think the brain fog may be starting to lift a little. Or perhaps that's just the large coffee having a bit of an effect

I hope you have a good meeting with the MH team today StartAnew.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:38 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michael2018 View Post
Day 11. And I think the brain fog may be starting to lift a little. Or perhaps that's just the large coffee having a bit of an effect

I hope you have a good meeting with the MH team today StartAnew.
Checking in . Wishing all happy sober Tuesday x
Old 09-04-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi class of September 2018. I'm from the September class last year and tomorrow I will be one year sober. I want you all to know that you can do it!!! I was drinking around the clock in the end, my first drink of the day was a pint of vodka with a splash of OJ in it, at 7:30am every morning. My guts were shot, my feet had so much nerve damage I could barely walk, I was a mess. And I am here. I am sober. If I can do it, you can.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Woke up feeling good today. Until I got a notice in the mail that my house is going up for auction next month due to unpaid taxes I didn’t even know about.

Nothing to drink over, though.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I hope you can find a solution to the house/taxes problem yinzer....

If you weren't notified by certified mail, you most likely can fight this, can you get a lawyer that specializes in real estate?

Wishing you the best, stay strong, you can deal with this if your mind is clear!

Old 09-04-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I just caught up with everyone's posts. I am hoping to stay in this group.Hoping...praying...one day at a time right?

My last drink was six days ago and I remember it well. It was 4.30 am and I wasstruggling to sleep because of the wine I drank earlier had worn off. So I thought it was a good idea to finish off the second bottle of wine that I had in the fridge.."to help me get back to sleep". I sat there knowing that I had work in three hours and that my son would be up getting ready for school. And here I was getting drunk.. I burst into tears feeling at a complete loss. Rehab is all I thought. No hope for me. Loser. pathetic. What happened to me??what happened to that girl I use to know. Was a very sad moment

Maybe that was my rock bottom ( or another one of my rock bottoms). But whatever it was I found the strength to sober up the next day.

Guys I am struggling like you are. I feel out of place not drinking. I am tired and irritable and angry with myself for letting myself go BUT I would rather feel like this than that dreadful guilt and fear I had everyday. I would look at my son and feel so ashamed that I was such a selfish person.. that I would want to abandon him when he still needs me.. Man..

I have to change.
God bless you all and I hope you find that inner strength we all need for another day
Old 09-04-2018, 02:27 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Checking in

Morning of day whatever. Slight cravings at work last night but basically doing surprisingly well.

A massive typhoon came through here yesterday, apparently the biggest in 50 years, so that kind of took my mind of drinking and focused it elsewhere.

Onwards and upwards.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:00 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Bumboid
yowsa yinzer that must have been a shock!

congrats on your year Kachal

D
Old 09-04-2018, 07:32 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Midton, I saw that typhoon on the news - how scary! Glad you're okay!!

I'm doing okay tonight but a little anxious, for no particular reason. Going back to work today was a little harder than I thought. But I think I'm back in the swing for tomorrow. As much as long weekends are nice, they can kind of throw you off.

I said I wasn't going to post days, but I think I might do that now and then. This is around the time I start to lose track of my days and have to look at my phone... tomorrow will be Day 5. Everyday that we don't drink is a personal victory - that's how I look at it.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:54 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
Midton, I saw that typhoon on the news - how scary! Glad you're okay!!

Some of the images are pretty amazing, cars getting blown over and the like. Amazingly only 7 people dead at present. Thousands are also stranded at a major airport and are being ferried out by boat as another large boat slammed into a bridge that connects the airport to the mainland; must have been built on land reclaimed from the sea.

I’m quite north and typhoons come from the south so that by the time they’ve crossed land and reached here they’ve lost much of their strength. We get some wind and rain but mostly just intense humidity.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:59 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Just popping in to welcome all of you to the September class. It seems like a great group.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:17 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Morning all. I am on day 6 today. Longest sobriety I have had this year😀

I am suffering from insomnia but it’s worth it
Old 09-04-2018, 10:43 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I know I have had several Day Ones before, but now I am prepared and have a recovery and a long term plan established... for me and my family. Let's do this!!
Old 09-05-2018, 12:18 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome TeeJayVerm
way to go Opalblue

D
Old 09-05-2018, 03:18 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TeeJayVerm View Post
I know I have had several Day Ones before, but now I am prepared and have a recovery and a long term plan established... for me and my family. Let's do this!!
I cannot count the number of times I said to myself that I will not drink today and then the dreaded wine o'clock comes. Then any pathetic excuse to drink myself to stupidity every night.

I may feel tired and miserable but the positives outweigh the negatives. I am spending more quality time with my son. Rather than throwing some ready made food into the oven so that I have more drink time, I am preparing fresh homecooked food and we are sitting together and having a conversation.

I am also having a conversation with my son in the mornings too.He has noticed without saying anything to me. I can see it in his face. How lovely is that. :-)

This makes it so worth going through the withdrawals. Hang in there
Old 09-05-2018, 03:20 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Checking in lets bring 5 th of September to be blessed day to us all. Stay safe whatever you re doing folks x D
Old 09-05-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning before heading to work. A busy day ahead with work, therapist, neighborhood picnic. And another scorching hot day! Hope all are doing well and have a great day!