Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 401

Old 08-02-2018, 04:55 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Well done Kenton on 1 year 9 months and CK on 1 year 8 months and everyone reaching milestones today
and thanks Kenton for your insightful words: “sometimes you have to feel the bad stuff to clear the bad stuff” and that “meditation helps you get beneath the chatter and get things into perspective “
Sweetpeacan well done on 11 days I think the brain fog is fairly common after stopping drinking and I also had a lot of anxiety about just about everything, but it gets better!
Hugs Sunflowerlife
Hang in there Snufkin
Is it maybe coming off that big moon that so many of us are struggling now? Just wondering... sending you all love and support ❤️

Thanks Kev and Plenny and everyone else for your support ❤️ Well I made it through 3 hours in transit at Sydney airport yesterday but I barely had any strength and willpower to resist the free wine served with dinner on the plane!! The AV was jumping up and down going “go on, go on, go on, one won’t hurt, loads of other people are having one, see???”. That was way tough. I feel like the last few days it’s just been beating at my armour wearing it down. I don’t know how much I have in reserve. But I made it through two plane trips yesterday and I went to bed sober. But I woke up with a thumping headache this morning, maybe lack of sleep. I feel dreadful today. Driving the last leg of my trip to see my extended family today and my Dad who’s not well.
Thanks everyone for being here, I couldn’t do this without you all ❤️❤️❤️

Another 24 please xx
Old 08-02-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last
24 hours: 8 pm EDT ~ 7.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Alysheba
ananda
Atlast9999
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
Ben123
BrandNewDay11
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CaseyW
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
county111111
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
Finalcall
Free2bme888
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
Hevyn
heyfly
Jack16
joandmelandhan
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2
Kris47
Lascaux
least
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Minion09
Marcutah1
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
PaigeMasters
PeaceB4
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Saskia
ShenzyT
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
time2LLL60
Tinker B
tomls
vanaprastha
vassvik
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
WeaverBird
Whendovescry
Willow68
wiscsober
YCDT2
Yixi
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog
zoeydog

Onward together!

August 3, 2018

PaigeMasters ~ 1 month!
WaterOx ~ 7 months!
Sunflowerlife ~ 1 year & 3 months!

Old 08-02-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Well done Kenton on 1 year 9 months and CK on 1 year 8 months and everyone reaching milestones today
and thanks Kenton for your insightful words: “sometimes you have to feel the bad stuff to clear the bad stuff” and that “meditation helps you get beneath the chatter and get things into perspective “
Sweetpeacan well done on 11 days I think the brain fog is fairly common after stopping drinking and I also had a lot of anxiety about just about everything, but it gets better!
Hugs Sunflowerlife
Hang in there Snufkin
Is it maybe coming off that big moon that so many of us are struggling now? Just wondering... sending you all love and support ❤️

Thanks Kev and Plenny and everyone else for your support ❤️ Well I made it through 3 hours in transit at Sydney airport yesterday but I barely had any strength and willpower to resist the free wine served with dinner on the plane!! The AV was jumping up and down going “go on, go on, go on, one won’t hurt, loads of other people are having one, see???”. That was way tough. I feel like the last few days it’s just been beating at my armour wearing it down. I don’t know how much I have in reserve. But I made it through two plane trips yesterday and I went to bed sober. But I woke up with a thumping headache this morning, maybe lack of sleep. I feel dreadful today. Driving the last leg of my trip to see my extended family today and my Dad who’s not well.
Thanks everyone for being here, I couldn’t do this without you all ❤️❤️❤️

Another 24 please xx
So proud of you Willow! That must've been really tough. One day before I had 6 months I was at an event where I knew basically no one and where all drinks were free. Free wine being offered all the time. And everyone was drinking. That was very close for me, my AV tried the same trick like yours, guess it's one of its all time faves
I was so desperate to reach my 6 months that I just stubbornly held onto that thought, that I don't want to ruin my 6 months!
I hope you will have a good time with your family and that it won't be too draining despite your dad being unwell. Some days of relaxation will polish your armour, which just got stronger (in the long run!), and it'll be like new again, just even better
Old 08-02-2018, 05:16 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Bed time for me. My anger and frustration has lifted and I feel okay for the moment. Just a bit of tummy ache which could be related to the bag of chili and lime crisps that disappeared out of their bag while I watched Elementary tonight. I really like that series. I love that there's not too much relationship drama added (so far) in the main cast. I already have enough of that IRL so I don't need it on the telly.

Didn't paint today but I was a good girl and studied and did some exercises for my leg. I messaged my ex / bf earlier tonight and he went out of town, heading to the see to get a clear head. He sounded depressed between the lines but then again it was only one short message so maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Oh and just now I almost ordered a set of 4 christmas themed jigsaw puzzles.... is my enthusiasm for christmas a bit well early this year? Or am I just feeling tired of this heat that I am longing for the colder season?

Venus how was your webinar? I missed my online lecture, I was so tired that I simply forgot about it But then again I can watch it tomorrow.

Good night everyone, much love!
Old 08-02-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
So proud of you Willow! That must've been really tough. One day before I had 6 months I was at an event where I knew basically no one and where all drinks were free. Free wine being offered all the time. And everyone was drinking. That was very close for me, my AV tried the same trick like yours, guess it's one of its all time faves
I was so desperate to reach my 6 months that I just stubbornly held onto that thought, that I don't want to ruin my 6 months!
I hope you will have a good time with your family and that it won't be too draining despite your dad being unwell. Some days of relaxation will polish your armour, which just got stronger (in the long run!), and it'll be like new again, just even better
Thanks Kevlar
The AV is a sneaky persistent thing alright! I’m just about to have a lovely coffee and hit the road. So glad I didn’t drink yesterday! And the 3 month mark is the carrot dangling for me at the moment, I’m on day 82 and I really want to get to 3 months!
Hugs ❤️
Old 08-02-2018, 05:26 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Committing to 24 more
Love to all
Tink
❤️
Old 08-02-2018, 05:28 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I have your date Willow love....but this is an opportunity for me to say that I am missing lots of dates right now....please message me so I can add you all...I try and scan your pages and posts and stuff, but I miss things....I may just do a list tomorrow of all of the dates I am missing....yep....now that's a bit more logical....

See what happens when you use your brain...ha ha....my webinar was awesome...my course is brilliant....and the funniest part is that the 2 women who run the company already know who I am. Oh yeah. Venus rising.

Massive love to all and goodnight. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 08-02-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Goodnight Venuscat! So glad you enjoyed the webinar You’re awesome ❤️
Old 08-02-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

24 more for me folks...

Take good care all.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

24 for Red please

Xx
Old 08-02-2018, 07:12 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Today was another fantastic day sober!

7:12 PM on Orcas Island.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

24 hours at a time seems to be working for me, so I will do another 24 hours.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:44 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

22:43 EDT and another 24 for me!
Old 08-02-2018, 08:31 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

24 more for me.

This weekend we are seeing my aunt, uncle and 8 year old cousin (my only cousin!) at the cabin my grandparents are renting. We are planning on camping Friday and Sunday and spending Saturday at the cabin with everyone. They are big wine people. They take trips to norCal and have a temperature controlled cooler and whenever we visit them they always keep the fridge in the basement stocked with plenty of beer for us.

I'm not worried about being tempted since bf is with me but hopefully it's not weird. The family knows of my gram's 33 year recovery journey but she's the only one who knows about mine. And they know me as a drinker. I'm not going to let it worry me, whatever happens will be fine. Sometimes when my family gets together I feel like we often step on each other's toes and its not a very laidback atmosphere. I'm going to do my best to be helpful, loving and patient.

Hugs to everyone. When my family all goes back to their separate states I will be glad to have more time on SR again. Today was the first day in a while all to myself and it was lovely. Not sure how moms survive without these on a regular basis.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:32 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Yikes GBE good luck. I'm sure they'll be cool but I know how sometimes families can be the ones to make one slip... Stay strong

ugh. I have opened up about not drinking to more coworkers. That part is fine but I need to find a way of saying it that makes me feel like I have my dignity. so far I've been awkward and defensive. I need to feel good when I say it not like "You got a problem with that?" Cause I'd like to give the good ones a chance to be understanding.

Also my little sister texted me. I am no contact with my whole family, blissfully so. I told her a while ago that I love her very much but I need space and that contact with the family triggers me and I'm trying to get healthy. So, just like my family, what does she do? She texts me. No there is no emergency. No she doesn't need help. She just wants contact and no matter what I say she will brush aside my needs. My family has no boundaries. I have learned to put up boundaries and now I have to defend them. Good thing I'm going to therapy tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:02 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I'm in for my next 24 .....

Bobbi.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:13 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

10:10 pm in California and checking in for another 24. Today was a great day. I had a big presentation at work, and it went really well. After work I met a friend to see Mamma Mia 2, and then grabbed a quick dinner. I am now home and wondering why I chose to drink two diet cokes so close to bedtime. Hopefully the caffeine wears off soon, at least tomorrow is Friday!

Hope everyone had a great day. Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone.

❤️Delilah
Old 08-02-2018, 11:25 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

In for 24
Old 08-02-2018, 11:31 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 08-02-2018, 11:42 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

24 more, thanks
Hugs to all Xx