Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 6

Old 07-31-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Quit, I'm so sorry to hear that news regarding your cousin. Such a tragedy especially at such a young age. I lost my best friend that way.

I think you're right though - staying sober and being fully present to support your family would be the best way to honor his memory.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Suze, you little monkey. xx

Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes. I'm feeling the love here.

Suze, congratulations on 100 days, kudos to you, that's fantastic.

Quit I'm so very sorry about your cousin, that is so sad, my thoughts are with you and your family. xxx

Laters xxx
Old 07-31-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Snitch awesome 100 DAYS ✨🌟✨
Thank you for this “Not one person here has gone back out drinking and returned saying how great it was and that drinking is amazing and their lives are so much more enriched because of alcohol!!” -Absolutely GD right.

So I called the car folks this morning. Can’t get yo my wheel bearing today and don’t do inspections like the one I made the appointment for. 😂😂😂😂😂 I had 2 choices, go in and commit verbal murder or do what I did. I walked in, put my hand out for my keys, and didn’t respond to anything. Sometimes you need to sit back and let the dark aviator sunglasses do the talking.

On to the day. I’ll have 2 weeks.

I picked out a bike but never pulled the trigger. They’re not outrageously expensive. I picked out a Giant actually. At a bike store this about as basic as it gets. Still I don’t know if I’ll use the thing and I’ve been feeling like garbage. Used makes no sense at this point.

V🐍
Old 07-31-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Dear Daisy Belle
Much Love xxx
Old 07-31-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Happy birthday
So there is no way in hell im drinking today so I know I screwed up a lot but it’s time to start my new journey day 1 Im100% confident!!! I can’t wait any longer my body is tell me off today and haven’t been able to do anything from being sick I’m ready to take on the challenge doing this 1 hour at a time
Hopefully all is well
Old 07-31-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Happy birthday mum🎉🎉🎉 I cannot believe you are now pushing 40😊💜 Hope you are having a wonderful day, and so much love sent across the pond for you😘

Suze, I cracked up when I read the idyllic life coming from my favorite English Garden Princess who flies all over the world👸🏽🌶🌽✈️😂😂 I do love the outdoors though and rarely even turn my tv on. Oh and my porch is great also as long as I don’t do a drunk face plant on it like my last adventure 🤕🙄 Hope you have or had a great flight back💜

Nichole, hang in there girl!

Vipe, that perfect bike will come along for you when your ready👍🏼

NT, welcome back😊

Will check back in before bed 💜.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in before bed. Thank you all again for your kind birthday wishes.

Vipe, I hope you get your car sorted soon and I'm sure you'll find the bike for you soon, keep on looking and wait until you find the one that suits your needs.

Thank you so much Rowlands, I hope you are ok. Keep on with the running. xx

Thank you Nichole. One hour at a time is the way forward, don't give up, stay strong. We've got your back. xx

Thank you so much Donny boy and it's pushing 41 actually . I had a lovely day. We went to a National Trust park, which has a huge Georgian house, a garden for all seasons and a deer park. It was very interesting to see the house and how people lived in those days etc . Wish I could show you the photo's.
Just reading your post and like you I watch very little t.v and also love the outdoors.

Anyway I've started with a sore throat and a streaming cold so I'm going to dose myself up with honey and lemon and go to bed.

Nite nite,sleep well.xx
Old 07-31-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I feel terrible. So frustrated I actually thought of drinking. I saw my Doctor and she said this could easily be caused by quitting twice a week binging. My brain is all screwed up. I’m also not on my auto-immune diet. No wheat, no sugar, no dairy, etc. I’ve done protein and vegetables and some simple carbs (brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes) for months at a time and I feel much, much better.

I’ve got nasty acne, popping out all over my back, chest and face. I’m exhausted.

I cut out sugar today. That’s a start. Tomorrow I go for some blood tests, see if my vitamins have dropped again. Then start on other foods.

I looked at Florida with my sister today. I’d like to hit this really hard. Change my environment for a few weeks and sweat.

V🐍
Old 07-31-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

About to end the day sober still sick and having pains on my side and feeling rough hopefully tomorrow is better made an appointment with my doctor for Thursday it’s going to be interesting on how this goes not sure what I want to talk about I’m going to ask to get off my medication which she probably say no I probably should mention my drinking but not sure how she can help with that Not unless there medication to help you stop drinking
Old 07-31-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Just want to say goodnight and give a quick bedtime check in😴 I climbed on into bed last night and woke up with my alarm 7 hrs. Later and was in the exact same position. I love sober sleep and hope I do the same tonight.

Vipe, hope you are feeling a little better and sleep well

Nichole, I think it’s important that you tell your Dr. about the drinking. She is giving you meds and needs to know what else you are mixing so she can help you. Proud of you getting through the day and stay strong 💜.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:53 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

14 days ✅.

Goodnight. Here’s to feeling better... someday 😬.

Nichole awesome !!

V🐍
Old 07-31-2018, 09:11 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hola Aprils!

A quick check in before bed. I can't remember the last time I felt this tired so early. I'm usually a night owl...

Suze, congrats on 100 days!! You should be so proud of yourself, we all are!! Your story about the 'light' beers turning into drink of choice and then black out - I can totally relate. That was me too almost every single time towards the end. You'll never regret NOT drinking and will ALWAYS regret actually drinking. It's just not worth it! Chicken wings taste just a good with some lively Pellegrino!!

Daisy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU SWEET DAISY!! Thanks for all you give to this group! It's a huge gift to all of us, and to you as well. So happy for you and proud of you too. Keep it up lovely xo.

Quit, so sorry to hear about your cousin, that's horrible news. You're right in every way though. Drinking would make this so much worse. Your family needs you and the best thing you can give them is you true authentic, present self. Sending you and your family lots of love and healing energy.

Vipe, sorry you're going through some rough changes. Hopefully you can find a good balance in mind, body & spirit - that makes you feel happy and alive. Your diet is a good start for sure! Exercise and meditation as well. My monkey brain needs training to sit still or my life literally becomes a circus, haha! Sounds like you're moving in the right direction though

Strawberry, sorry to hear you had a lapse, but you jumped right back on the horse - good on you!! That's impressive, I would have been out for weeks. So happy you're safe and working your way back to feeling great again. Sometimes the lapse just reminds us what we do not want. The AV likes to keep our memories as short as possible when it comes to the consequences (even if just physically!) of imbibing. Thanks for sharing your story

Sweet dreams to the rest of the crew too...Donny, Dee, Nichole, Rowlands, Kgirl, NT, Lovehoops, who am I missing. Brain is shutting down...

Goodnight all!
Old 08-01-2018, 12:39 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils

I hope you all slept well and are ready to take on whatever today throws at you.
All okay here, the temperature has dropped but it's sunny at the moment. I've got a streaming head cold and feel like my heads full of cotton wool, but I won't die of it, I'll dose myself up and battle it out.
I've not got any of the g.children today, just picking the youngest one up this evening, so this morning I'm taking my mum into the village to change a pair of jeans she bought, we'll have a coffee and after that I'll drop her in town and then the day is mine. Did I tell you that since my dad died my mum has become a compulsive shopper, she buys loads of clothes and takes most of them back a couple of days later because they don't fit properly. She point blank refuses to try anything on in the shops as she 'doesn't have time'!!! She's taken 4 jackets back in the last couple of weeks because they all have one sleeve longer than the other. I've tried to explain that as she broke her shoulder a couple of years back and has bad arthritis it's more likely that she has one arm shorter than the other. She's not having that though! She's a pain, but she's my pain and I love her.

Viper I'm sorry you're feeling rough, it will pass. You thought about drinking, but you didn't. That shows great fortitude and you should be proud of yourself.
Good idea to get your bloods done but the acne etc could be a side effect of all the toxins leaving your body after stopping drinking, it could well settle down of its own accord over the next couple of weeks. Florida would be something to look forward to, sounds good.

Hi Nichole and well done on ending the day sober. I'm glad that you've made an appointment to see your doc, but being honest, I think your drinking is the biggest thing that you should be discussing with her. Be honest with her, I'm sure that there are things she give you or advise about that will help you with your cravings. Stop worrying for now about coming off your other meds, concentrate on staying sober first and the rest will follow. I think I remember you saying you have bi-polar, I'm guessing that you would need to stay on your medication for that anyway though once you have been sober for a while, that could change as alcohol does interfere with the balance of some medications but your doctor is the best person to advise about this. Take good care of yourself. xx

Viper, 24 days is awesome. Well done to you. x

Hola Bluesey and thank you for your birthday wishes. I hope you had a restful sleep.
I can relate too to starting off drinking something light then moving onto wine and drinking to black out point . that was something I did often, too often. I don't ever want to go back to that.

Good morning to the rest of you, Quit I hope you're okay and managing to stay strong, NT216 and Anna stick with it and keep posting. x

Back later, much love to you all.

Thought for the day.....Recovery is an acceptance that your life is a shambles and you have to change it.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Just a quick morning check in. Hope everyone is doing well.

Day 109 here. Do I feel great? Honestly, no. If you think by getting sober everything will be rosy and wonderful that is not the case at all. BUT I am content and I feel "safe" and I feel empowered to take life on, one day at a time. Not drinking is the key to a content and happy life but you still have to be present and mindful and work hard to carve that bit of happiness out. I still have so much work to do on myself and at times I feel like I'm just barely keeping it together. But each night I lay my head down I am content and safe. In the morning when I wake up I am at peace and can think clearly....this is HUGE for me. The best part about sobriety is not having that horrible day after anxiety. The anxiety was crippling. I still have a little anxiety here and there but I can generally manage it with my essential oils and making sure I'm sleeping well and limiting sugar. This is empowering! I used to think drinking was the relief I needed from anxiety. All it did was perpetuate the anxiety. It was a viscous cycle that took me a long time to get out of.
But I'm here now. And even though my days are not always full of splendor and joy, I have found sobriety to be 10x's better than those drinking days, hands down.
For all of you struggling. Don't let a bad day put you back into the viscous cycle. Don't let your AV tell you that drinking is better, or put those nasty thoughts like "see your not drinking and life still stinks, you will feel better if you drink". These are lies, all lies. I promise you, if you can fight through it DOES get better and easier.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Day 2
Still sick from the other day just more reason to stay sober no drinking for me today 1 hour at a time well it’s been 1 second at a time to be honest but hey whatever works I guess have a lovely day y’all
Old 08-01-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post

I received some very sad news yesterday. My 25 year old cousin committed suicide. The family is in shock, so saddened, and really questioning why. He was living far away from family, so no one really knows. We do know he was taking steroids for body building and I’ve heard that can cause severe depression/mood swings. Very sad. Obviously there was a lot more going on, but I’m sure those drugs did not help his mental state.
Oh Quit I am so sorry to hear this. Yes, who knows why someone will take their own life but I am pretty sure they must be in alot of pain to do so and steroids, not that I know much about them, are drugs and another type of addiction so maybe they played a huge part. It is so sad but I feel the only way for you to deal with this is by staying sober. Drink will numb the pain temporarily but it will still be there when the drink wears off and along with dealing with your grief you will have the hangover, the guilt, the shame, the sheer despair that drinking brings. Hugs to you x x x
Old 08-01-2018, 06:34 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post

Suze, congratulations on 100 days, kudos to you, that's fantastic.
Thanks Daisy ♥️♥️
Old 08-01-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Snitch awesome 100 DAYS ✨🌟✨

Thanks Vipe!! And if I can do 100 days anyone can I swear!!
Old 08-01-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post

I walked in, put my hand out for my keys, and didn’t respond to anything. Sometimes you need to sit back and let the dark aviator sunglasses do the talking.

This cracked me up 😎😎🤣🤣🤣
Old 08-01-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluesymusey View Post

Suze, congrats on 100 days!! You should be so proud of yourself, we all are!! Your story about the 'light' beers turning into drink of choice and then black out - I can totally relate. That was me too almost every single time towards the end. You'll never regret NOT drinking and will ALWAYS regret actually drinking. It's just not worth it! Chicken wings taste just a good with some lively Pellegrino!!

Thank you Blusey! I am proud but also am so so glad I am now 100 days from that awful dark place I was in but I will never forget it as I need to remember where "one drink" will take me. And you are so right about the wings! In fact I will stick to room service anyway as let's face it wings aren't really designed to be eaten in public are they🤣🤣🤣
Am glad you are sounding so good!!