View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 12:39 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Daisybelle

Good morning Aprils

I hope you all slept well and are ready to take on whatever today throws at you.
All okay here, the temperature has dropped but it's sunny at the moment. I've got a streaming head cold and feel like my heads full of cotton wool, but I won't die of it, I'll dose myself up and battle it out.
I've not got any of the g.children today, just picking the youngest one up this evening, so this morning I'm taking my mum into the village to change a pair of jeans she bought, we'll have a coffee and after that I'll drop her in town and then the day is mine. Did I tell you that since my dad died my mum has become a compulsive shopper, she buys loads of clothes and takes most of them back a couple of days later because they don't fit properly. She point blank refuses to try anything on in the shops as she 'doesn't have time'!!! She's taken 4 jackets back in the last couple of weeks because they all have one sleeve longer than the other. I've tried to explain that as she broke her shoulder a couple of years back and has bad arthritis it's more likely that she has one arm shorter than the other. She's not having that though! She's a pain, but she's my pain and I love her.

Viper I'm sorry you're feeling rough, it will pass. You thought about drinking, but you didn't. That shows great fortitude and you should be proud of yourself.
Good idea to get your bloods done but the acne etc could be a side effect of all the toxins leaving your body after stopping drinking, it could well settle down of its own accord over the next couple of weeks. Florida would be something to look forward to, sounds good.

Hi Nichole and well done on ending the day sober. I'm glad that you've made an appointment to see your doc, but being honest, I think your drinking is the biggest thing that you should be discussing with her. Be honest with her, I'm sure that there are things she give you or advise about that will help you with your cravings. Stop worrying for now about coming off your other meds, concentrate on staying sober first and the rest will follow. I think I remember you saying you have bi-polar, I'm guessing that you would need to stay on your medication for that anyway though once you have been sober for a while, that could change as alcohol does interfere with the balance of some medications but your doctor is the best person to advise about this. Take good care of yourself. xx

Viper, 24 days is awesome. Well done to you. x

Hola Bluesey and thank you for your birthday wishes. I hope you had a restful sleep.
I can relate too to starting off drinking something light then moving onto wine and drinking to black out point . that was something I did often, too often. I don't ever want to go back to that.

Good morning to the rest of you, Quit I hope you're okay and managing to stay strong, NT216 and Anna stick with it and keep posting. x

Back later, much love to you all.

Thought for the day.....Recovery is an acceptance that your life is a shambles and you have to change it.