Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 398

Old 07-17-2018, 10:39 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

24 more for me please! Thanks venuscat and hello SR friends.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Oh there you all are! I always miss the cutoff

Anyway I'm still hanging in here. I'm watching Mom, I am watching anything I can about recovery. As in, life after not just the Intervention and the train wreck part anymore.
Taking care of my plants, eating lots of good foods, working..... Oh and my notary application was approved. Just trying to keep chugging along. Haven't been making any art though.
You guys are funny....there is no cut-off....if you post I put you down.
Love that we are all here.....love it to the max. ♥♥♥

Mom is good.

Maybe.....you could listen to recovery tapes on YouTube and take out an easel.....or a sketch pad....just a thought. ♥♥

EDIT....or maybe it's me who is funny....and you mean the change of thread....off I go...........................
Old 07-17-2018, 10:54 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I mean I always miss the bump to a new thread! I guess I wasn't sure what to call it. I usually check my list of subscriptions to see if anything new is up, and I just realized I hadn't been here in a couple days

Thank you for always keeping us in the list
Old 07-17-2018, 10:55 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

^^^ Yep.....I am silly....got it. ♥♥♥

And yes.....I always keep everyone on the list unless they really disappear....missing some beautiful faces....like martina and lyddie just for two.... ♥♥
Old 07-17-2018, 11:03 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

You work so hard to keep us feeling recognized and seen, thank you so much Venuscat. I always want to tell people that it's ok to be in the threads of their choosing and to expect acceptance. You're one of those examples!
Old 07-17-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Hi Weav, I think I just need to set my mind to a time and set up my table with my tools. My drafting table broke before my vacation so I just need to do a little reworking with this card table I have.

THEN i have the issue of laundry. I won't be able to make art unless I'm on top of all my other chores. Clean space equals clean mind for me. That should happen sometime later this week when I have a day off. It's always a process getting started again

How come the stress is so huge Weav? I'm a little out of touch
Right, I shall pray you get an uninterrupted day off and can get back into your flow state and stay there!! Every artist needs a dedicated space for their work, ideally. My father was an artist and I used to love going into his space. I will never forget the smell of the oil paints and their wonderful names ~ burnt sienna, cobalt blue, titanium white.

Re me: is boring. I really set about destroying my life, in anger I think, when I was drunk. Anything left standing is toppling over in recovery. But that's fine. My mental health is holding. Stuff probably needs to go to make space for the new life I'm discovering.

Much love to you. You are doing great!!!
Old 07-17-2018, 11:06 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Did I mention I might try to go to my first meeting tomorrow morning? It's early.... 7am. Something about that sounds really nice. Also I think I might avoid seeing anyone I know
Old 07-17-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Wow Weav, I have been thinking about that too. What might move over in my life to make room for the new? I wish you lots of strength and luck
Old 07-17-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

The meeting sounds awesome love.....AWESOME. I love 7am meetings. I think you will too.

And gosh weev, it's not boring and a great many of us did the same thing. Some of us did it over and over. Honestly love.....time for you to stop beating yourself up so badly.

How long have you been sober? Now isn't that FANTASTIC!!!!!!
It's crap having to face up to the stuff we did, the mess we made.
But better than sitting on the other side in deck chairs watching the view....not being disrespectful.....you know that.....we are ALIVE honey. Pretty magical that. We get another chance. ♥♥♥
Old 07-17-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm trying to go to a meeting because lately it's every day that I remember something that I did terribly wrong while drunk. For 20 years. And I'm going to need to figure out how to clean up the mess. So I think I need some support.

Also I scheduled an intake appointment at a local therapy center, I'm hoping I can find affordable therapy there.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:07 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Goodnight Guys
Old 07-17-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, Quick post tonight to ask for 24 hours please.

Lovely day with my parents today and a big walk this evening. No internet, but sometimes that's a good thing! Feeling the benefit of being outside.

A Big Congratulations to all our milestoners today and lots of love to you all. Gabe xxx
Old 07-17-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

24 More is the Plan of the Day!

Don’t really think about drinking at all anymore but I had to laugh at myself yesterday. I was in the gas station quick mart looking at the soft drink selections and just happened to notice I was right next to all of the cold beer selections also. I didnt really give it much thought and went back to choosing my soft drink. It hit me a bit later that not too long ago in my past I would have been salivating at all that beer wishing I could have one. FREEDOM is a GOOD THING!!!!
Old 07-17-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I like the posts on this page! Really helps as I do a recovery evening. Need to be here soaking up the wisdom and fellowship. I don’t spend enough time on recovery, and that just does not work. I start thinking too much, and tend to get stuck in ruts and circles.

Feeling ill at ease which would always be a signal to drink. Like feeling small, cut off, rudderless. Fine. They are just thoughts and emotions—they don’t mean anything. They really do just drift on by if we don’t suddenly see them as cues to ‘action’. That action was almost always to drink. Do you ever have thoughts and feelings that you know are fake? I will wager the whole thing disappears after supper. I probably need immediate foodstuffs. I will come back after a snack.

Love

Red
Old 07-17-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

quitter - I know what you mean. The thing I once lived for rarely crosses my mind these days.

Love to all - and please sign me up for another 24 sane & serene ones.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Hey folks!! I’m in for 24 more!! My June thread has gone somewhat quiet, so I’m here cause I need the support!! 42 days today! Have a great day everyone! Just for today!💕
Hi Minion! Lovely to see you here
Old 07-17-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Checking in from sunny Australia, 8am and 16C. Lovely clear sky, it’s going to be a beautiful day ❤️
Lovely to wake up and read all your posts as I drink my morning coffee
You’re all so awesome and I just want to hug you all today ❤️ especially you Venuscat

I must admit these roller coaster emotions are interesting to say the least! I don’t remember feeling such intense emotions before (happy, sad and everything in between). 66 days without a drink after 30 years drinking might have something to do with it....

Sending love and support to everyone who is struggling today ❤️
Congratulations to everyone who made another day without a drink

One day at a time.
Another 24 hours for me please
Old 07-17-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Old 07-17-2018, 03:13 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Lots of colds n flus going around Aussie, stay warm and rest up, I hope you’re feeling heaps better soon
Thanks Willow.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
you are right but for now going out with my best girl Melania my 9 year old granddaugther, movie and bike riding for a liitle bit.

Venus
That sounds lovely erfra , enjoy.