24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 398

Old 07-20-2018, 09:01 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Todays was an awesome day sober.

9:01 PM in the San Juan Islands.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:04 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with some cool mountain air? Thank you.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:28 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

24 more, thanks
Old 07-20-2018, 09:41 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

9:28 pm in California and checking in for another 24. We are safe and snuggled in at home. Started the morning hiking in the mountains, then aqua jogged fir an hour when we got back home. I go back to work on Monday. The past theee weeks have gone by quickly, but I feel like I had a good balance of fun, relaxation, and organizing my house.

I am going to hike tomorrow morning while my daughter runs, and I think my husband and I are going to use a gift card we were given to go out to dinner tomorrow night.

I cannot believe we are getting close to the end of July, this year is flying by.

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone today.

Hope everyone's weekend has gotten off to a good start.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-20-2018, 09:42 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

24 more for me.

First and second day back at work were really great and I'm filled with gratitude. I feel like maybe the universe is rewarding me for being diligent in recovery and doing my best to grow my tiny spiritual seed with good energy, positive thoughts and actions and humility.

I did have a fleeting moment of panicky feeling running the camera but I distracted myself and it stayed in the background most of the day. I think if I become more disciplined with meditation and general self care (eating enough, sleeping enough) I can minimize my anxiety more.

Thank you to anyone who sent me good vibes or prayers. I feel like it really made a difference. I am eternally grateful.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:46 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
9:28 pm in California and checking in for another 24. We are safe and snuggled in at home. Started the morning hiking in the mountains, then aqua jogged fir an hour when we got back home. I go back to work on Monday. The past theee weeks have gone by quickly, but I feel like I had a good balance of fun, relaxation, and organizing my house.

I am going to hike tomorrow morning while my daughter runs, and I think my husband and I are going to use a gift card we were given to go out to dinner tomorrow night.

I cannot believe we are getting close to the end of July, this year is flying by.

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone today.

Hope everyone's weekend has gotten off to a good start.

❤️Delilah
I love hiking but aquajogging sounds pretty fun too... is it more difficult? What is the landscape like where you are? I recently got to visit the West coast for the first time in Oregon and it was gorgeous.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:52 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
Thanks Plenny! I've had a lot of difficult times throughout the last years, a lot of health issues (of my own and close family members) and I just feel so worn out. Having to be strong all the time and never having enough time to recover from it left me feeling very drained and I can lose my nerves about tiny things right now. I feel pretty burned out.
Maybe I really just need time for myself.

I'm also such a stress head and control freak. Still. Despite AA and therapy. As soon as I get stressed I want to control and as soon as I lose control I stress. I'm 28 and I panic because I'm not married yet, don't have kids yet and am still going to uni. I know it's not uncommon these days but I have this massive fear that I will never have a husband, children and a career.

A little fun fact, I just stumbled across the word platitude a few days ago and looked it up!

And I'm glad you've found a good group!

Love to you to and to all the others! Being on here and having such lovely people to talk to helps
Hi Kev,

I think we all feel that way some days. I met my husband when I was 27, moved across the country to be with him at 28, got married at 30, and had my kids at 32, 33, and 36. Right before I met him I was very sick of the dating thing, and I remember one weekend I was visiting my mom and she said " it's okay if you don't get married.... there was another comment or two, that I don't exactly remember, but I do remember saying " Have you given up hope?" In a laughing tone, but definitely some undertones of self doubt.

The one thing I wish I had done at your age was completely stop drinking. I wouldn't trade my life for anything, but there are some choices that I would have made differently had I been sober from the day I moved to California.

Hang in there my friend, you've got this.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-20-2018, 10:01 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Mindful medit'n is good

Remember folks that a slow, steady approach to life is best,, the 'should's, have-to's and must's can really screw with your heads. Instead of planning to wash the car, clean the house, cook enough meals for the week, go to 4 meetings, do yoga, gym and walk- try to just start- and be kind to yourselves...I used to push with stuff, then get too sore, overwhelmed or whatever and stop.
I love this, thank you!!

Thinking about you jojo.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:47 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Leigh , sending you love & prayers for a short recovery!

And checking in for my next 24 .....
Bobbi
Old 07-20-2018, 11:54 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-399-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 399)

D