24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 394

Old 06-28-2018, 10:12 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

12:11 in SUNNY northern Illinois.
😎

Please another 24
Old 06-28-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

10:06 pm in California and checking in for another 24. It's a beautiful day here, and I am officially on vacation!! My daughter had a doctor appointment at 7:00 this morning, and a 6:45 check in, so no sleeping in for me. I managed to get a walk in, and planning on relaxing a little today.

I have m surgery tomorrow morning, I need to check in at 6:00, and they should start at 7:45. I am a little anxious about the procedure, the idea of anesthesia always makes me a little nervous.

Congrats to all celebrating a Milestone today. Have a good day everyone.

❤️Delilah
Old 06-28-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Jo Jo, don't worry....you're going to have a fantastic time in London.... of course you are ... you're going to meet me!!! And don't worry, I'm fairly normal in real life. Well..... what's normal anyway?? You and your daughters are going to have a wonderful weekend because that is exactly what you deserve and I get to say hello to you which will be the highlight of my weekend so it's all good. The sun is shining, the universe is smiling and all will be absolutely great xxxxx
I love that you guys are going to get together! I think you should arrange a spoon race and let us know who wins!
Old 06-28-2018, 11:07 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Tried to call you jojo.....maybe you are still at work. ♥♥
(((((Sweetie pie)))))
I was out shopping for a couple of new London outfits! Can't be in the capital and not look good haha!
Time to pack with the footie on on the background. The great thaw has happened and I am glad to report we are speaking again. I am not sorry I put my foot down. I'll fight for my sobriety like I fight for my babies. Fiercely!
Love you Suze ❤❤❤
Old 06-28-2018, 11:16 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow Delilah. You're bound to feel nervous but keep reminding yourself that everything will be absolutely fine. I'm sending you loads and loads of love. Concentrate on your recovery but please check in when you can to let us know how it goes because we will all be thinking of you xxxx
Old 06-28-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Goodnight Guys
Old 06-28-2018, 12:14 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I need some advice please.

One of my besties is turning 40 in August. She knows I don't go out and drink, she's knows about my recovery and has been very supportive. Well her husband sent me a text this morning inviting me and my husband to her Birthday Cruise- on a Friday night in August.

"We're going to get together and take one of those harbor cruises with dinner and drinks...and maybe some dancing (if we drink enough).."

I don't know how to respond to this. I'm surprised that he doesn't know I don't drink (but I respect the fact that she never shared that with him.) For starters, we have never had anyone put the boys to bed. Our youngest is 3 and while they also have a 3 year old who spends the night many times at her parent's house, my parents have never done that and I'm not sure my youngest is ready for it (very attached to me still.)

Secondly and most obviously, I don't want to go out at night and be around drinkers. I don't do that stuff anymore, I haven't gone out for a late night since I had kids honestly and especially since getting sober 13 months ago. I know some people can still live that kind of lifestyle and just not drink but it doesn't appeal to me.

I don't know how to say "no" in a text message.
I know that his wife will understand because she knows me well enough and knows I don't go out for these types of things.

I guess I just don't know how to respond in these situations. Any advice? I'm not good with wording as I tend to overthink these things. Thanks guys...
Hi Sunny,

You could just say

I'm so sorry we are unable to make it that night. However, I would love to find a time to take (your friend) out to lunch close to her birthday.

You don't need to give any further explanation, and you can always explain your reasoning to your friend at a later date.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Sunny,

You could just say

I'm so sorry we are unable to make it that night. However, I would love to find a time to take (your friend) out to lunch close to her birthday.

You don't need to give any further explanation, and you can always explain your reasoning to your friend at a later date.
Why is it so hard for me to keep things simple!! You are right. I think this is what I will do. I am learning not to overthink things to death. Thanks my friend.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

I have learned after years of overthinking!!
Old 06-28-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

10:06 pm in California and checking in for another 24. It's a beautiful day here, and I am officially on vacation!! My daughter had a doctor appointment at 7:00 this morning, and a 6:45 check in, so no sleeping in for me. I managed to get a walk in, and planning on relaxing a little today.

I have m surgery tomorrow morning, I need to check in at 6:00, and they should start at 7:45. I am a little anxious about the procedure, the idea of anesthesia always makes me a little nervous.

❤️Delilah
Sending lots of good wishes and prayers your way, dear Delilah!
Old 06-28-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of the good wishes everyone!!!❤️❤️❤️
Old 06-28-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Overthinking - my worst flaw.

Love to all, and please may I have another 24? Thanks!

Prayers for Annapolis.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Yep. I'm overthunk tonight.

Weev in for 24 more at 9:14pm thinking of Kris
Old 06-28-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

❤️Delilah
Thinking of you dear Delilah.
Sending so much love......it's going to be fine.
More hugs. xx ♥♥♥
Old 06-28-2018, 02:49 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Just checking in for another 24 from sunny north east Oz at 8am.

Delilah, I hope everything goes well for your surgery, sending love and support ❤️
And Kris, love and support to you too ❤️
Also to anyone struggling today, I hope things get better for you soon ❤️

I too have a real tendency to overthink. Everything. A lot! I think keep it simple Sunflower. I need to keep things more simple. My partner is often telling me I think too much, and he is right

I really like what Hats’ signature says:
“Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place”

Have a beautiful sober day everyone ❤️
Old 06-28-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

I am in a wicked blue funk—summer is tough around here so yeah..it’s just like the dead of winter for you snow bunnies. So it just whipped me down today and I feel guilty..so guilty that I’m not a better employee, friend, person...jeez! Why ? I can’t I just slug like a bug in a rug and have an ice cream sandwich and do less and watch nonsense? I still don’t know how to cope with stress sober, or summer, so maybe I am in the right place.

Look at the blue and green cake..so refreshing! Like this blue and green lagoon where the 24’s can get a little virtual swim in.

Xxxx
Old 06-28-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

8.35AM Melb---Heres to another 24 hours of total abstinence and all the benefits contained therein...
Old 06-28-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Busy Busy as Always.....

Checking in for 24 more of the GOOD STUFF....Sobriety!!!
Old 06-28-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
orangutan

❤️Delilah
Best wishes for tomorrow Delilah.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
orangutan

24 more for me please

8.50 am in Auss.