Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 394

Old 06-26-2018, 02:43 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
And a chocolate cake for Free2beme!

Yum Leigh, that looks delicious! I’ll share it with you Free if there’s any leftovers

PS since I discovered the desktop version of SR (thanks Snufkin) I’m loving exploring the smileys
Old 06-26-2018, 02:55 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Hi everyone, checking in for another 24 from sunny Australia

Snufkin that’s awesome! Congratulations! You are so talented, no wonder they all sold! I hope the owner of the haunted witches house looks after all those adorable cats!

Plenny, 2 weeks unplugged! No reception! That’s soooo good to hear. Enjoy reconnecting with yourself and nature!

Kenton and Jojo I’m so excited for you guys meeting up, that’s really exciting! I’m literally jumping up and down with excitement for you both. And Venus and Kenton too! That’s so great to hear

I’ve been feeling a bit lonely and have come to realise that all my friends drink! My closest friends are closet alcoholics and I have been quietly avoiding them lately because it’s too hard to be near them. Absolutely everything we did together revolved around drinking. Funny that.... So I’m trying to cultivate new friendships with sober people, maybe at yoga, although talking to a couple of them, they’re drinkers too (probably normal drinkers, but still risky for me). But there must be some non drinkers there, they look so fit and healthy.... I also have a friend from work who doesn’t drink who came to my birthday party, I just decided, I’m going to ring her up and see if she wants to go for lunch one day this week! That thought has just lifted my mood enormously :-)

Oh Free, what a pain... I hope your day gets better ❤️

Have a wonderful day/night everyone ❤️
Aw thank you Willow! You're so kind!

I totally understand how you feel. I don't have any close friends here where I live, but all my soul mates I left in Poland a decade ago are closet alcoholics. Every single person. Gee, I don't even have a friend that wouldn't smoke... As much as I love them, communication between us has become too much. It's not like it's triggering, it's just we're living different lives with different priorities and we don't have that much in common anymore. Making new friends in sobriety is definitely a good idea.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

It's possible.....it just takes effort and time....and just a thought.....there is no reason to not start a healthy no-alcohol or drugs group that meets up for fun and walks and coffee and such...snuf.....you could do a healthy artists group thing, and Willow, Qld....holy moly....lots of realllllllly healthy-all-the-way people there....how to find them? Start something....a chi latte group....yes...I am being silly but it is all possible. s
Old 06-26-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

That’s a great idea Venus ❤️ and I do love chai lattes lol. Queensland is magic for outdoor activities too, maybe a walking group followed by coffee/chai
I just messaged a girl I know who goes to yoga and organised to catch up for a coffee after yoga class this week so that’s a really good start
I hear you Snufkin, and Venus’s suggestion of a sober artists group is a great idea.

Thanks Venus ❤️
Old 06-26-2018, 03:54 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Aw thank you Willow! You're so kind!

I totally understand how you feel. I don't have any close friends here where I live, but all my soul mates I left in Poland a decade ago are closet alcoholics. Every single person. Gee, I don't even have a friend that wouldn't smoke... As much as I love them, communication between us has become too much. It's not like it's triggering, it's just we're living different lives with different priorities and we don't have that much in common anymore. Making new friends in sobriety is definitely a good idea.
That must feel sad Snufkin. I think when we’re trying to move on from addiction we need to distance ourselves from all of that so we can create new sober lives for ourselves. And I get that same thing with my friends. I really do miss them, but I’ve been trying to think of any of my friends who don’t drink... the only one is the girl at work who I haven’t had a lot to do with really. But she seems really nice so I’m going to try harder to make friends with her. To be honest, I’d pretty much not had a lot to do with her previously, purposefully really, because all my activities outside work revolved around drinking and she doesn’t drink! Time to move on and cultivate new sober friendships ❤️
Old 06-26-2018, 03:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I was writing...and erased....but now I have to say it.

I came here....my parents were gone after I had cared for them for years. My beautiful Venus died so awfully. I had sisters who didn't care about me (I thought) and I came here and started a whole new life. Got married at my age (for the first time) to a younger man () ....it's a whole different culture Willow, snuf....you must have experienced this too....the point is we can do ANYTHING we want....anything.

I have no idea what I am doing but I am doing it anyway. And it's wonderful.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

I came here....my parents were gone after I had cared for them for years. My beautiful Venus died so awfully. I had sisters who didn't care about me (I thought) and I came here and started a whole new life. Got married at my age (for the first time) to a younger man () ....it's a whole different culture Willow, snuf....you must have experienced this too....the point is we can do ANYTHING we want....anything.

I agree with your last two sentences. We may not know what we’re doing but, we’re more capable of dealing with whatever comes up whilst sober.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

Whatever it is you’re doing Venus truly IS wonderful ❤️ You really are an inspiration and a loving support for so many people! I feel so much empathy for you losing your parents and your beloved Venus cat, that must have been such a rough time for you ❤️❤️❤️ and I’m really really grateful for your beautiful kindness and support here. And I really believe everything happens for a reason. You’re here being truly amazing! And I’m here trying to turn my life around and getting inspired and supported by you and all the other amazing people here! My life is not totally crap.... I have a fabulous loving relationship for instance ❤️ and from the outside people think I have an awesome life... I haven’t said much about it here but I’m slowly stepping away from the job I’ve done 20+ years (a well paid “really good” job that I’ve come to despise as I have no sense of purpose in it anymore) and I am studying part time to work in aged care. My parents are elderly and unwell and I’ve spent so much time involved with their failing health that I decided it’s time for me to give something “real” back to the community in the form of loving support to our aging population. I’m feeling really excited about it, I’m 1 year into my studies with 2 years to go. And I decided I had to quit the bottle once and for all, to truly make this new life of mine meaningful and worthwhile ❤️
Old 06-26-2018, 04:54 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 06-26-2018, 05:36 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Oh Willow....we are kind of twins. In so many ways....meant to be stuff.

So I studied....not for three years though....and worked as an aged care worker there for years....my mum got sick...it was a miracle I had the skills.....and now you are doing this and I am with you and behind you all the way. Full support baby. You are some kind of amazing my love.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:40 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

May I please have another 24 hours with a side of getting things solidified at work? Thank you.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last 24 hours: 8 pm EDT ~ 7.59 pm EDT.

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us!

1newcreation
abcowboy
Alysheba
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
BrandNewDay11
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
cornpone
county111111
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
DreamCatcher17
Endoftheday
erfra7
Free2bme888
FormerBeerLover
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer
Goat
goodbyeevan
goose333
Hats
heyfly
Hevyn
hopehunter
Jack16
Jjb2018
joandmelandhan
jsm273
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
Kris47
least
lilymaz
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
Neoo
Nic233
nmd
Optimist4ever57
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Plenny
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Rar
RedBerryJuniper
Rowlands1
Saskia
SaturatedSeize
Snufkin
soberista
SoberLeigh
stargazer016
Stubbs16
Sunflower79
Sunflowerlife
Sweetpeacan
tgirl
TheToddman
theVman31
tjmirish
tomls
vanaprastha
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
WeaverBird
Willow68
wiscsober
YCDT2
Yixi
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together!

June 27, 2018

Plenny ~ 3 weeks!
Neoo ~ 1 year & 5 months!
venuscat ~ 3 years & 8 months!
1newcreation ~ 5 years & 10 months!

Old 06-26-2018, 06:45 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

52 days of freedom today❤️24 more hours, no matter what.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:49 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Ullo ullo what yer say?
Just went to my audiologist re ear ache, wax? funny noises etc.
Why the audiologist? Well I recently started using hearers.
Oh the joys of old age. My left hearer went kaput, but it's my right
ear causing the trouble. Left hearer fixed but they suggested I see the doc
re offending earas I have a slight fever, so I am this arvo, Kingsbury time. Busy busy!
Bit of an infection perhaps but no hot toddies or any of that garbage.

On ward to victory
Old 06-26-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Old 06-26-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Love love love that milestones list! Congrats everyone! A little sad my classmate Plenny will be gone for 2 weeks! Hope you have the bestest most magical time lady.

24 more hours please!
Old 06-26-2018, 08:08 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

23:07 EDT and another 24 for me!!
Old 06-26-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd like another day sober please.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:57 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional