Old 06-27-2018, 09:53 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Free and Willow
Good to see you back Purps

D
Old 06-27-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Adding another positive checkin tonight, great to hear everyone's experiences.

Slept better than average for Night 1, managed a few deep sleeps, with some bizarre non-drinking dreams that startled me awake a few times. I think it's because I hadn't made it to liquor on my last relapse, feeling less awful than my average Day 2. This year has been a lot of "two weeks on one week off (four days)" fake attempts for me.

WGlenn - I'm in the same boat with an anxiety disorder, last diagnoses was GAD & panic. And for me mild social phobia that I probably had all my life but grew worse as I slowly ramped up drinking daily since about age 20. Longest I've gone is 5 months. Never make it through Christmas, too many people I only see once a year, end up giving up sobriety rather than risk embarrassing myself in front of SO's huge family. I'm hoping that changes this year with a number of months going into it.

I'm curious what you all's drinking dreams are like. Only remember one a few years ago, very short, typical situation for me where SO arrives home and I knew I smelled too heavily to get away with it, I just startled awake. So many times I would sip during the day just to keep a moderate buzz going, then can't tell if I got the smell off and buy a 6 pack just to cover the existing one, because hey at least then I "wasn't" day drinking!
Old 06-27-2018, 11:49 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lizajane View Post
Lots of check ins...great! Day 23 for me and I do believe...NO AV at dinner time. Ahhhh...so nice! So maybe my calm baby sleep will return. Weather is calm again so that should help.
RedCardid, that is quite a share. Wow...good news is you survived and sounds like you have learned and really want the next chapter to be sober. You can do this. Keep that story close to you if you feel tempted to drink. You don't want to go back there.

Journals...I was sort of using my Blog as a journal and then wrote something I was not supposed to. I did not realize my blog had rules, so maybe I will write a journal. I have never written JUST for me. No one replies to the blog entries so perhaps it really is just the same. I belonged to another site a long time ago WQD and I had a long sort of online journal there. I just found out it no longer exists. I was going to go back and read some of my journey, but all those pages are lost. I remember it clearly but it reading back interested me.
Day 5 Willow...keep going! YOu sound great.
Thanks for the wise words Minion.
Good to see you posting here Dee.
Boblob...I always had dreams when I drank. I think it is the restless sleep in the morning that I was remembering. Getting sober made my sleep deeper and solid. The dream return was a shock. Anxiety filled dreams that usually only happened when I drank. This too will pass I am sure.

Night friends...crazy dreams or not, tomorrow will be day 24.
I think a journal just for yourself is a great idea Lizajane
My diary is just for me and it’s really helping me not drink. The month before I actually stopped drinking, I had several day 1s and after reading the same thing over again each week (I stopped drinking each Monday but only lasted till Thursday or Friday each time) I realised I was stuck in a pattern of awful repeating hangovers and alcohol withdrawals. So Monday 14th May I said to myself “Enough! That’s it! No more of feeling this dreadful and full of anxiety and desperation and despair every Monday.” So I stopped the cycle. The first 2 weeks were awful but after a few days I started slowly improving physically, emotionally and mentally. Day 46 today and I’m feeling sooo much better than I have in years.
Hang in there everyone, being sober is really worth the hard work, and hopefully staying sober long term will get easier with time
Old 06-28-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Checking in......

Love all your stories, updates, meeting new people.

Dee. Glad you are better

Willow. You rock!

I can’t name all of your names here, but speaking for me when I joined in May of this year, I was so welcomed by so many. I only made it 18 days before I faltered, and before I was aware of it, A week had gone by already!

Now I’m on my longest streak since 1993

My liver and my soul are so happy .

Thanks everyone!!
Great stuff Free!! Sober is pretty awesome, even with the ups and downs! Glad you’re back! Keep on posting!
Old 06-28-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quit290117 View Post
Day 5, so relieved to wake up sober after the drinking dream I had. Felt crap all week also had 2 really bad mouth ulcers. The sluggishness has eased off a bit though.
Wishing you all well in June. Stay strong.
Im on day 5 too we can do this together
Old 06-28-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me greatfull and blessed i told my self today "sobriety is sexy pretty and classy" soooo STAY there!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

That's My Girl JJB!

Originally Posted by Jjb2018 View Post
Day 5 for me greatfull and blessed i told my self today "sobriety is sexy pretty and classy" soooo STAY there!!!!!!
You are reading my button young lady! You sound really good. If weekends are more difficult for you, check into the weekenders thread. Lots of people working through it and ENJOYING the weekend together.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Willow 46! Awesome. Yes....reading back the cycle is good.

I think we can all relate to the Monday morning hangover NEVER AGAIN that slowly disappears by the next weekend and we repeat the cycle. Then Monday comes again and we ask ourselves, "Why can't I learn from this?"

The answer for me: Learning from an experience is a choice. Choose to learn and change, which takes a lot of effort and some suffering before the good stuff arrives or choose to go numb again and repeat the cycle which is effortless, calms the nerves for a bit and ends in a horrible crash on Monday and the good stuff you really want seems further away than ever.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Quick check in. I have a busy day driving kids around and getting ready for my daughter’s gathering tonight. She’s having 10 friends over for games, pizza, movie night. I feel so much more prepared to do these types of things for my kids while sober. Normally, I would not want to plan it or feel too hungover to really care. How sad. I love the Mom I can be when I’m not in a wine haze.

I will read back later. Love to all and have a great day. As we head into the weekend, stop here and post if you are tempted to drink. Or go to your meetings...whatever is part of your plan. Let’s arrive, on the other side of another weekend, sober and free.

D, Welcome back. You’re presence was definitely missed.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:32 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Checking in for a solid day 4 for me. Feeling really good. Got a good night's sleep last night and am productive today.

This is where it starts to get dangerous for me though. It's easy to get complacent when I'm no longer feeling the direct effects of withdrawl. Need to stay vigilant!

Today is my historic start to the weekend. Gotta make sure I don't make any unnecessary stops after work.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

day 23 completed

tidied the back yard - a lot of my cooking herbs in grow boxes have died :-(

sorry for not replying to questions - I am exhausted (gardening is grueling)

anyway - well done if you lasted another day :-)
Old 06-28-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hi junipers. I typically post in the morning, but didn’t have time today. 1:39pm here, day 25. Half way to my next reward- 5 more days.

Quit- hope your daughters friend gathering goes well. I can relate to being a better mom when there no a wine haze. My priorities are more focused on my girls... not when will I need more wine, and when will I drink it.

I was just going through the motions of being a mom while drinking. I am actually ashamed when I think about how crappy of a mom I was... and wife... and pupppy mom. My girls, husband and dog all seem so much happier now that my focus is them- and not wine.

Met with my doc today for a med check. Revia seems to be helping with urges. She increase my Zoloft to help with ongoing anxiety.

I have been envisioning my future without alcohol. Some future events make me feel nervous or sad. But for the most part, I’m excited to be free of the constant on going battle in my brain- AV vs. sober brain. One thing I think will be nice is vacation... coming up in July!

Had a good run this morning outside. But chowing down on some Oreo cookies right now...

Oh well, it is yummy and not alcohol.
☝️More. Enjoy your day!!!!
Old 06-28-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lipstuck View Post
Having epic failed after two good weeks in May, it's taken me this long to getting myself back on track. It makes me sad to think about the time, self respect, and money I've wasted.
Same boat here. Keep thinking I can control it, then it creeps back up on me. Started on Saturday and just accelerated - missed 4 days of work, which I can't afford to do.

So Day 1 here . . . best wishes to all.

I know if I don't stop this will kill me. Already I have had 2 good
friends have accidents or complications that took them out.

Just have to get through the next few hours of shaking and cold and dizziness.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Bumblebee...
Envisioning future events without alcohol is not helpful. It can actually derail a quit. Don't worry about big future events you have previously associated with alcohol. They are not your worry right now. When you get there, you will be in a different place and you will figure it out one hour at a time. Manage today and prepare for tomorrow...meaning the actual tomorrow not future in general. What are you doing on your vacation???
Old 06-28-2018, 02:27 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Lovely to hear from you all, I love waking up sober each morning and reading all your posts about what’s going on in your life, struggles and triumphs. It helps me get through another day sober. We’re all in this together supporting each other Lots of wise words and wonderful tips to stay sober from everyone here

Hope you all have a great sober day!
Willow
Old 06-28-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome blondsober

D
Old 06-28-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hey all. Just checking in--been really busy. Hope everyone is doing great!
Old 06-28-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Sharing my coffee on the threads I post today

Enjoy!!
Old 06-28-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

!
Enjoy!!
I love that!! A cup of courage!! Yes!! Courage to fight for today! 24 more! Let’s do it!
Old 06-28-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Enjoy!!
I love that!! A cup of courage!! Yes!! Courage to fight for today! 24 more! Let’s do it!