Notices

Class of June 2018 Part 2

Old 06-24-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 19 completed

thanks Willow68

kinda tired but peaceful

been eating salads (no processed food at all) and I feel less 'poisoned'

anyway - well done if you lasted another day :-)
Old 06-24-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Morning morning, no hangover (hooray) and a busy day ahead. Well done on another weekend sober Junipers
Old 06-24-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hello there, I’d like to join please, even though it’s late in the month and I’m only on day 2. But I like the idea of being a Juniper!
Old 06-24-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi sadgirl. Hi everyone I'd like to join too please . I know it's late in the month and I was considering waiting from July class but best to join now and have the support. Day 2 for me night all.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome sadsadgirl and ReadyAtLast

D
Old 06-24-2018, 07:09 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day one again
Old 06-24-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jjb - it gets better from here

D
Old 06-24-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

hello all!
Today is day 20 for me and it went quite well. Up early to watch World Cup, then Church and out for brunch with my hubby and kids.
Did you read that...I was up on Sunday early enough to do something BEFORE church! I did not have to spend loads of time covering up the bags under my eyes. Makeup done in 5 minutes. YEah....
AV just seems to creep in while I make dinner. Sure would be nice if they would go away!
Welcome all...Juniper is a nice name. Day ONE is OK Jjb..you don't want to be on zero. Let's bring it to a close and wake up in day 2. HUGS
Old 06-24-2018, 08:30 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Welcome Ready, Jjb, and sadsadgirl...great to have you here!

LizaJane, I smiled at your comment about getting ready for church.... I can relate! I was always trying to use make up to cover up my less than desirable wineover (hangover) face. I had to use eye drops for my red eyes just to be able to look people in the eye without quite so much shame. Not today!

Day 4 was great! Peaceful day with family and a beautiful day outside. Going to enjoy another sober night's sleep. Nothing beats it!
Old 06-24-2018, 09:02 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Welcome Sadsad, Ready and Jjb! Good stuff happening with the Junipers, and we’re battling through the ups and downs... either way these peeps are so supportive, so join the crew and post whether it’s good or not so!! For me, it’s the end of a great long weekend!! I’m kinda sad that it is over but so very thankful to be sober through it, enjoying life and the beauty surrounding me. Heading home tomorrow morning... 8 hr drive... my butt is not ready!😜. Have a great start to the work week folks!! Hope all are doing ok. 💕
Old 06-24-2018, 10:45 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Morning everyone ☺

Thanks for the warm welcome dee quit and minion.

I look forward to reading the whole thread today and getting to know everyone.

Sounds a great day lizaJane.

Congrats to everyone on your sober time.

Welcome jjb.

Day 3 here. It's sunny 6.40 am and the first Monday in a while I've woken up reasonably clear headed. Got a headache and slept fitfully but no hangover.

My new plan is this
Do some ecerise each day. Even if I don't feel like it I'll just do a little. Anything better than nothing.
Try and eat healthily. Easier said than done in early days but I'll do my best.
Be kind to everyone and lose negative thoughts.
Read read and read .
Stay on sr.
Stay sober today. A day at a time. At least for now. Not think about the future.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:00 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Folks, End of day 9 for me. Was busy packing yesterday and today. Good to see many advancing much farther without giving in. Keep it up. Will catch you guys tomorrow!
Old 06-24-2018, 11:02 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
Morning.

Just woke up and ran 2.5 miles outside. I don’t have the opportunity to run outside often, but it is so much better then the treadmill.

I stilll have this lingering headache, I really need to cut down on my sugar intake this week. I have slowed down on the caffeine.

Day 21 today. Sometimes I feel the days add up slowly (especially the first few)- but lately it has been going fast.

My daughters have their dance recital today. It will be nice to be done with dance and enjoy the summer break. I have to put makeup on them, and my hands won’t be shaking today

I hope everyone has a fantastic day, you deserve it! ☝️More
2.5 miles is awesome!! I did about the same today. Feel much relaxed today - no AV nothing. Hope your daughters did great in their recital.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:46 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Welcome Sadgirl, Ready and jjb, and any newcomers I missed! It’s great to have you all here with us. It doesn’t matter what day you’re on, it’s the fact that you’re here and trying for a better sober life. This is an awesome place for support and encouragement.
Alone we’re struggling but Together we’re stronger! We can do this
Old 06-25-2018, 04:38 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Goodmorning junipers. 7:26 am here. Day 22

Thanks calmself! I’m slowly trying to increase my speed and distance to where I was pre-kids and drinking like an idiot.

Welcome all new junipers! I love seeing new people joining to give and get support.

My older daughter so sick on stage for her ballet number yesterday, and puked right after she was done 🙁. I felt so bad for her... we left early and missed trophies and curtain call. Luckily she is feeling better now.

Woke up with this same lingering headache. So annoying - cause I am actually not drinking, but unable to enjoy sober mornings. I’m going to keep track of my sugar and water intake today and this week to see if that helps. I’m not the best at drinking water.

I got my 20 day reward... new jean shorts- and I love them! Better then any hangover, shame or guilt. Looking forward to day 30, and another reward.

Library today with the girls, maybe pool later on depending on weather. Hubby is gone with work till tomorrow night.

☝️More today! Stay strong and sober!!!
Old 06-25-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hello class My latest hurdle seems to be Saturday around 3pm....that's when the switch flips. I guess the whole "having a plan" thing requires....what's that word again...oh yeah...."action".....

So, day 2 once again but still pushing forward....just wanted to check in honestly and say hi! You guys are doing great!
Old 06-25-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Welcome newcomers! Hope everyone has a good week.

I have horrible anxiety today, but I'm not drinking.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good for you ProfD! Work through it in a real way. YOu got this.
Purp...learn and plan for it to happen again. What can you do at the predicted switch time?
Bumblebee gets rewards every 10 days it seems...well I am DUE 2 rewards. I like that plan!! Perhaps PURP...you can get yourself one of those if you get past Saturday?
Day 21 for me...going to get off this lovely arm chair that is holding me tightly with the strong arms of inertia. Going to make my morning shake, put on those work out clothes...finish watching World Cup soccer from my workout mat. Promised myself I am adding core work this week to my daily exercise. I need to head out to the gym when I feel ready...it is upper body weights and cardio today. A couple of errands to run, sprinkler heads to try and clean and then not much on the docket. I think it is time to dig into one of the books I planned to read this summer (I am a teacher and I have a couple professional books I want to consume to inspire me for next school year). ENJOY YOUR MONDAY friends. So much easier to do without a hangover.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 20 completed

Been more productive today - but had a spell where I really wanted to drink (throat closing up, salivating, twitchy .. the usual)

I have noticed people are more respectful and decent towards me, now that I am sober and able to communicate without wanting to get away from them to drink

anyway - well done if you lasted another day :-)
Old 06-25-2018, 09:25 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lizajane View Post
Good for you ProfD! Work through it in a real way. YOu got this.
Purp...learn and plan for it to happen again. What can you do at the predicted switch time?
Bumblebee gets rewards every 10 days it seems...well I am DUE 2 rewards. I like that plan!! Perhaps PURP...you can get yourself one of those if you get past Saturday?
Day 21 for me...going to get off this lovely arm chair that is holding me tightly with the strong arms of inertia. Going to make my morning shake, put on those work out clothes...finish watching World Cup soccer from my workout mat. Promised myself I am adding core work this week to my daily exercise. I need to head out to the gym when I feel ready...it is upper body weights and cardio today. A couple of errands to run, sprinkler heads to try and clean and then not much on the docket. I think it is time to dig into one of the books I planned to read this summer (I am a teacher and I have a couple professional books I want to consume to inspire me for next school year). ENJOY YOUR MONDAY friends. So much easier to do without a hangover.
Congrats on 21 days!
And yes, I plan to reward myself with something small (no more then 15 dollars) every 10 days. The truth is I never spend money on myself (unless it was alcohol).. so it is quite a treat.

So you are due 2 rewards! You earned it and deserve it. It really gives me something to look forward to, and think about (instead of wine.)

Feeling better already today by drinking more water. Also tracking my food intake.