Notices

Class of June 2018 Part 2

Old 07-14-2018, 08:16 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Good morning junipers! Day 41, 11:02 am

Finishing our last leg of our road trip. Should be at the beach in 3 hours. Our turtle (cargo carrier) just flew off the top of our car on the highway. Thankfully no one got hurt and police helped us get it.

The hotel last night was nice. The girls just have so much fun with everything, the room, the pool, even the elevator!

Not drinking was totally fine last night. Feels nigh pretty good today. Hopefully my AV stayed at home the whole vacation.

Enjoy your day guys!
Old 07-14-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

day 39 completed

my dreams seem more real than reality at the mo

arms snapped off my sun-lounger (a bit too plump for it)

got a nature ramble organised tomorrow - see if can get some wild-life shots

I'm doing OK - a little better every day - once you get past a month you can start to believe you are going to give it all you have to succeed

anyway - well done if you made it another day :-)
Old 07-14-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Morning Junipers!! 39 and Sober Saturday!! Last night was a bit of a funk for me... kinda like the clouds rolled in, was feeling sad, lonely, tired, kinda sick (allergies I think). So I read these posts and others, prayed for my will to get the heck away and I went to bed. Weird dreams but I rested. Woke up still kinda funky but way better than last night. Going to hit a meeting and then see what the day holds. No real plans, but gotta have no idle hands. Have a great day! 💕
So glad you made it through and went to bed, I was worried about you. Well done!!! Together we’re stronger ❤️
Old 07-14-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

My goodness Bumblebee, that would have been scary! Glad you got it back on ok. Enjoy your holiday!

Redcardid you’re going great! I agree it gets more believable the longer we’re sober

Have a great day/ night Junipers! It’s 8.30am Sunday here and we’re having a family lunch. I’m not at all tempted to drink! ❤️
Old 07-14-2018, 03:38 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
So glad you made it through and went to bed, I was worried about you. Well done!!! Together we’re stronger ❤️
Thanks Willow!!❤️ Appreciate your concern. Yes together we are stronger for sure. Still a bit funky today but hey it’s only 39 days... this will come and go for a bit!!
Hipe your day is fantastic!! Just one more day!!
Old 07-14-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Administrator

such great milestones here guys

D
Old 07-14-2018, 08:21 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

39 coming to a close!! The day was funky all day, so I did what’s working for me. Hit 3 meetings, all different, all just what I needed to get through today. I didn’t drink... sober is far better! The funk will pass as long as I don’t pick up! Anything but that! Going to bed now and grateful that I’ll awake tomorrow on day 40! Good night all! 💕
Old 07-15-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

40 days!! Grateful to see that number and profoundly aware of the victory as well as the fact it can be gone with one irrational decision. It’s been a year and a half since I’ve had anything resembling that number Sober!! So much is different! My way of thinking is shifting... I know for the first time ever that I’m an alcoholic and I cannot drink! I fought it for soooo long, making countless excuses, coming up with countless reasons and situations justifying I could. I’m now fully embracing the disease, the severe allergy that I have and it feels good. I know it’s a constant choice to not choose my will but to leave it in the hands of something far greater than myself and for me that is working!! One day at a time and still some days when it’s one moment or minute at a time. So grateful for SR, for this Juniper group and others. For AA, which is for me, but not all. For my sponsor, for my framily who really are my chosen family! For my higher power!! Living one day at a time, not picking up for just this day! All of it is a gift!
Yesterday was rough! I felt all day that any moment I would cave but I placed myself in the places where I knew I’d find support and reprieve for the moments and while it was so out of the ordinary for me, it was where I found the victory.
Keep on Junipers!! Keep working your plans! Love you guys! 💕 Just for today!
Old 07-15-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Minion, keep powering thru. 40 days is a great accomplishment. My "weekend" actually went rather well, but I had a pretty "funky" period last week that I had work thru. Par for the course at this juncture I suppose?

Hope everyone's weekend has gone well. Looks like your's is wrapping up in AU as I type Willow. Good job getting through another one. I see you have popped in @ the 1 year and under group. I'll probably wander over there at times going forward.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:32 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Hi junipers! Day 42, 11:21 am.

I also have periods of feeling funky and blah. Luckily I haven’t recently, but I know realistically that I have a long ride of emotions to go.

We got to our beach condo yesterday. It seems there was a bottle of Chardonnay (my fav) left behind by the previous renters. That bottle talked to me for a while. ‘You can fake this without anyone knowing. Yum. It is your vacation.’

But the realization that I would lose all my hard work of 41 days that I am proud of, for a hangover set in. And now I feel I am over it.

Sitting in the beach now, enjoying my fam. Enjoyed waking sober and ran on the beach. Not because I was due to workout, because I wanted to.

Enjoy your day, and be proud if it one more
Old 07-15-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

day 40 completed

my last post on this thread (moving to the 'under a year' topic/thread)

a bit selfish - but I need to be pulled along by those in front at this stage, rather than being a puller of those behind (when I get to 90 days I think will be able to genuinely offer support - but I cannot do it in good faith in my present state - I have to look forward, not back)

it has been a good thread for me - some real (perhaps inappropriate) laughs, dismay at failures (when they were doing so well) and a cautionary glimpse at people's sadnesses and stresses that have caused relapses (or was the root of their descent into alcoholism)

I think this thread has saved me from drinking a few times - so thank you all

anyway - well done if you lasted another day :-) God bless
Old 07-15-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to all hitting milestones today

D
Old 07-15-2018, 07:10 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Congratulations on making it through another sober weekend
I always find the weekends the most challenging...
Posting and reading on SR and playing the tape forward to the hangover that would result from “just one drink “ helps keep me on track. Plus having tasty treats and nonalcoholic drinks on hand for tricky moments
Have a great day/night everyone
Old 07-15-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Day 40 coming to a close and I’m grateful! It has been a rough weekend, but I’m sober and that is right where I need to be. Facing the ups and downs and learning how to navigate through them sober. I’ve gotta be a little easier on myself, I drank almost daily for over a year this last time out, so I can’t expect peaches and cream every day with only a few days in comparison. My body needs time to heal and in that there will be some days that are simply a struggle but I cannot revert back to old thinking. I have to embrace the rough as much as the good and be ok not necessarily being ok every day. So, that’s where I’m at! Grateful to go to bed sober tonight and God willing wake up sober tomorrow and live in the moment. I appreciate you folks! Hope your weekend was great whatever you did or the number of days... one more!
Old 07-15-2018, 07:58 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats to all hitting milestones today

D
Thanks D! Hope all is well with you! 💕
Old 07-15-2018, 08:01 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Hi everyone!
Congratulations on making it through another sober weekend
I always find the weekends the most challenging...
Posting and reading on SR and playing the tape forward to the hangover that would result from “just one drink “ helps keep me on track. Plus having tasty treats and nonalcoholic drinks on hand for tricky moments
Have a great day/night everyone
Willow!! Congrats to you also!! Hope those yummy snacks warded off those tricky moments!! I have those tapes playing constantly... such reminders are necessary when the brain gets squirrelly!🐿
Have a great day! Just ONE more!!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
Hi junipers! Day 42, 11:21 am.

I also have periods of feeling funky and blah. Luckily I haven’t recently, but I know realistically that I have a long ride of emotions to go.

We got to our beach condo yesterday. It seems there was a bottle of Chardonnay (my fav) left behind by the previous renters. That bottle talked to me for a while. ‘You can fake this without anyone knowing. Yum. It is your vacation.’

But the realization that I would lose all my hard work of 41 days that I am proud of, for a hangover set in. And now I feel I am over it.

Sitting in the beach now, enjoying my fam. Enjoyed waking sober and ran on the beach. Not because I was due to workout, because I wanted to.

Enjoy your day, and be proud if it one more
Bumblebee2... glad you arrived safe and sound to your beach condo!! Enjoy it!! Put your feet in the ocean for me!! Glad you didn’t give the bottle too much time!! 41 days, so awesome!! Have a fab time, play, relax and just revel in being sober surrounded by family and nature. Listen to the breeze, notice the animals, feel the sand!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:08 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrWolfie68 View Post
Minion, keep powering thru. 40 days is a great accomplishment. My "weekend" actually went rather well, but I had a pretty "funky" period last week that I had work thru. Par for the course at this juncture I suppose?

Hope everyone's weekend has gone well. Looks like your's is wrapping up in AU as I type Willow. Good job getting through another one. I see you have popped in @ the 1 year and under group. I'll probably wander over there at times going forward.
MrWolfie! Yes this funk kinda knocked the wind from my sails temporarily, but I didn’t drink and for that I’m grateful! I think it’s par for sure and I realize in the funky time I need to be easy on myself... again Rome wasn’t built in a day and so it is with my sobriety... time needed to heal. Hope you’ve had a great weekend! Thanks for the support it means a lot to me!
Old 07-16-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hi Minion
40 days is awesome! Well done!
Old 07-17-2018, 05:37 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

It’s soo quiet here!! Hope you all are doing ok. I’m still going to post here but also need to seek other spots cause if I’m not working my plan that includes SR, then I’m in a family spot of complacency. Live u Junipers!! One more for today! 42!