Notices

Class of June 2018 Part 2

Old 06-28-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Love that mug Free2B! A cup of courage indeed. I am in Minion!

I have had a successful week in terms of my workout goals. Friday morning is when I check my weight. Nervous I will not see expected progress. Good news/ bad news I will stay the course. There are other signs that I am getting healthier and stronger.

June is coming to an end! But Junipers will carry on. Stay strong and July will have a lot of one month celebrations for us!
Old 06-28-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hello, new here, on day 2 after a relapse. Have logged 2 years before but last year has been a roller coaster. Learned some lessons and determined to make this time stick
Old 06-28-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Blondsober - Congratulations on day 1. Hang in there!

Willow68 - Yes, we are all in this together, which I'm completely grateful for.

Sourgrapes - I completely relate to the Christmas party difficulties. Having an anxiety disorder makes this sober thing especially tricky because alcohol helps in social situations, but--for me--the drinking continues well past social activities. I'm glad you're around. We can support each other.

Today is day 4 for me, and I'm still struggling especially with what to do with myself now that I'm not drinking. I still feel like I'm crawling out of my skin, and a little voice tells me that maybe it's not the right time to quit. Maybe I should wait until July... I'm ignoring the voice and focusing on one day at a time. I don't want to do this again, so I tell myself just for today, and--God willing--I'll make the same deal with myself tomorrow. I just feel so lonely. My alcoholism has ruined almost all of my friendships, so I don't have many people to reach out to. AA meetings are awkward for me, though I still went to one today. I went more or less to get out of the house just to have something to do. I need to learn how to make friends, though I don't know how. Tomorrow I'm going to see a therapist who specializes in addictions, so hopefully I'll get some good advice on everything I'm going through. Anyhow, day 4 sucks, and I don't ever want to repeat it again.

Congratulations to everyone on another day sober.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:16 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

That is GREAT stuff WGlenn...AA meeting and off to the therapist tomorrow. Don't stress, all these things will happen. It takes time. I know how you feel about friends. I have moved a lot and I take a long time to get close to people. I feel like just when I have some new friends, we are off. I think true friendships are going to be easier for us to cultivate sober! You made it through a difficult day today and you don't have to repeat day 4 ...just move onto 5. Do you know what the best day to quit is? There isn't one. There will be tough stuff to face and temptations no matter when we do it, so let's just face what we have to face as Junipers. Talk to your therapist about your loneliness. Perhaps he/she will have some ideas for getting you social. I think pulling back a little at the start and getting yourself feeling healthy is not a bad idea. Don't think of it as being lonely so much as taking a few sick days. Are there any classes you might take this summer? My school district offers a lot of PD sessions. Summer is not loaded with options. There are a number of online courses for teachers and workshops! Is there anything that interests you? How about volunteering at your church's bible camp? They would love to get a teacher volunteer?

WELCOME BLOND Sober and OSU2002....my son plays a game called OSU, is that where your name comes from it. He is shockingly good at it, indicating way too many hours invested. Keep checking in here friends, lots of support.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:24 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Osu2002

D
Old 06-28-2018, 10:02 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lizajane View Post
You are reading my button young lady! You sound really good. If weekends are more difficult for you, check into the weekenders thread. Lots of people working through it and ENJOYING the weekend together.

Lizajane
Lets shine this weekend i promise my kids ill bring them to the water park tomorrow..so nice to go to bed sober
Old 06-29-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Bumblebee...
Envisioning future events without alcohol is not helpful. It can actually derail a quit. Don't worry about big future events you have previously associated with alcohol. They are not your worry right now. When you get there, you will be in a different place and you will figure it out one hour at a time. Manage today and prepare for tomorrow...meaning the actual tomorrow not future in general. What are you doing on your vacation???

Managing today and preparing for tomorrow 😊 I like that.

We are leaving July 14 to go to the beach (Hilton Head, South Carolina) for a week. I am looking forward to not sneaking my own wine in my suitcase. It will nice to be free.

I am not looking forward to the 14 hour car. Luckily my girls are pretty good in the car...
Old 06-29-2018, 04:19 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Good morning junipers! Only two more days left in June - this month went surprisingly fast for me. I only drank one day the entire month.

7:08 am here. Day 26 here.

Feeling good. Hubby works all weekend, but gets off early Sunday to celebrate my daughters 6th birthday. We got her a new bike, and I am looking forward to seeing her face when she sees it.

It is nice to look forward to things. While drinking, I pretty much only looked forward to buying and drinking wine, and repeat.

Now I am not rushing to get home to my stash, worrying about the smell, worrying if I have enough to get drunk, enough to stop the shakes, worrying about the empties being found... I can go on and on. It is a very lonely lifestyle.

Chill day here, no big plans.
Have a great day junipers!!!! Make it ☝️one more!
Old 06-29-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Osu2002 View Post
Hello, new here, on day 2 after a relapse. Have logged 2 years before but last year has been a roller coaster. Learned some lessons and determined to make this time stick
Welcome Osu to the Junipers group... good stuff happening here... read back you値l be encouraged through good and oops痴. None of us are even close to perfect, all travelers on the same path of Just for today!
Old 06-29-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
It is nice to look forward to things. While drinking, I pretty much only looked forward to buying and drinking wine, and repeat.

Now I am not rushing to get home to my stash, worrying about the smell, worrying if I have enough to get drunk, enough to stop the shakes, worrying about the empties being found... I can go on and on. It is a very lonely lifestyle.
Oof, this and all of this. We all know each other pretty well :-) Looking forward to getting back to the looking forward part, too. Have fun on your trip, bet the water temp is lovely this time of year!

Day 4 starting, a Friday, SO has office happy hour after work (she'd skip out of solidarity but has to help organize), I'd usually take that as a tacit excuse to join in, but I'm not worried about slipping today.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Welcome to the newcomers, this thread is amazing and full of support!! Today is 24... living in today and preparing for tomorrow as a wise Juniper said! Completely blessed this morning! The AV has been relatively quiet so I知 grateful for that! Junipers is almost up but we shall continue, and I知 sticking around, but also planning for sober July. I知 going to join the July thread when it begins and hope you値l all tag along. It is where I need to be, as still a baby in this journey and needing all the support I can muster. I love you Junipers!! Just for today!!
Weekender thread is live and good stuff there to carry us through also!
Have a great SOBER day!
Old 06-29-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Afternoon junipers

Not been here as made 2 weeks then fell off the wagon. Today is day 1 for me after a huge binge.
Feeling shaky but going to push through the day.
I'm working tonight so hope it calms down a bit by then.
Fantastic all of you that are clocking up the time. You must feel great and so proud. Well done!
I was feeling good after 2 weeks then threw it all away
Stupid AV I need to be stronger
Old 06-29-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Pinky

Just to be clear a new July thread will open - but this June thread will continue in the Daily Support Forum

D
Old 06-29-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Happy Friday, Friends!

Day 6 here....AV was already whispering about next week, since work will be closed Wednesday for the 4th of July holiday....better get through today first!

Glad to be here
Old 06-29-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

That is GREAT stuff WGlenn...AA meeting and off to the therapist tomorrow. Don't stress, all these things will happen. It takes time. I know how you feel about friends. I have moved a lot and I take a long time to get close to people. I feel like just when I have some new friends, we are off. I think true friendships are going to be easier for us to cultivate sober! You made it through a difficult day today and you don't have to repeat day 4 ...just move onto 5. Do you know what the best day to quit is? There isn't one. There will be tough stuff to face and temptations no matter when we do it, so let's just face what we have to face as Junipers. Talk to your therapist about your loneliness. Perhaps he/she will have some ideas for getting you social. I think pulling back a little at the start and getting yourself feeling healthy is not a bad idea. Don't think of it as being lonely so much as taking a few sick days. Are there any classes you might take this summer? My school district offers a lot of PD sessions. Summer is not loaded with options. There are a number of online courses for teachers and workshops! Is there anything that interests you? How about volunteering at your church's bible camp? They would love to get a teacher volunteer?

WELCOME BLOND Sober and OSU2002....my son plays a game called OSU, is that where your name comes from it. He is shockingly good at it, indicating way too many hours invested. Keep checking in here friends, lots of support.
Sorry if I mess up the response, still getting used to the system. The OSU is not a game, it痴 reference to Ohio State University, I was at the 2002 national championship game they won. I hope no other football fans hold the alligence against me, OSU can be generally disliked 😀
Old 06-29-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hey OSU A good friend of mine graduated from there....I'm originally from Michigan, but I don't get involved with the rivalry like everyone else seems to
Old 06-29-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Bumblebee...yes SOBER sanity is very nice. No more double life. I felt a little like a secret vodka agent. Hilton Head will be very nice. Ocean, I LOVE the ocean. The 14 hour drive there and home WITHOUT a hangover will go so much smoother!

Yes Minion...note what Dee wrote. June thread continues. A July one will open but please stay here with our little group. I think it is a nice way to build a small community within this large one. Day 24 for you...fantastic. I remember day 24, like it was yesterday....OH that WAS yesterday. I am feeling a little goofy today and that is good.... because

I DID NOT LOSE ANY WEIGHT THIS WEEK and I am VERY frustrated. I worked out like crazy and I thought my eating was on target. I will carry on. I think too much of my day has been sitting in this chair surfing/chatting/watching world cup soccer. So, even though I am killing myself at the gym the balance of calories burnt is not good because of the sitting on my butt time. I will not give up. I will change. Less calories, more movement and of course continued sobriety will get me to my goal.

PINKY 1. OUCH...stop hitting your head on that wall. Let's get you back on your quit JUNIPER. You can get back to that awesome 2 week sober feeling. You have not thrown it ALL away. You have learned that you need to be wary of something. What triggers do you think you gave into? How are you going to get by that the next time. ETC.

Sourgrapes...You HAVE to organize Friday Happy Hour? Are you sure about that? Perhaps you can start having more important things to do? Like Friday yoga or something? I am glad you feel strong, but plan this right through to bed time. You can reach SR on your smart phone if you get weak in the knees. Any non alcoholic beverage with a lime or lemon wedge makes me feel like I too am drinking something special. My little tip to feel part of the party.

JjB...water park! What fun. I have some fantastic memories from water parks with my kids. Water shoes...I highly recommend them. My feet get so sore without them by the end of the day. Have fun and remember your sunscreen.

WGlenn...what are you up to today teach? I am finishing my coffee, waiting to for my irrigation tech to tell me what the sprinkler system fix is going to cost and then I want to head out to walk a trail before it is crazy hot. If he takes too long, I will head to the gym.

Dee thanks so much for clearing up the monthly thread issue.

Happy Friday peeps...let's make this weekend an awesome end to June. I am leaving you with a picture of Canada that I love (I am a dual citizen). Canada Day is Sunday. I plan to be sober to celebrate.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hey Purp! I missed you in my long post. How are you doing?
OSU...I lived in Loveland, OH for 3 years, so I should have made the connection. Go Buckeyes! My husband despises your school, so of course I cheer for them. Especially during March Madness (I am not a huge football fan, although I know that is the Buckeyes main focus). I have been to Columbus for my son's hockey many times!
Old 06-29-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Just checking in for day 5. Feeling good and my resolve is solid. Weekends are always an extra challenge, but I'm ready for it. Lets finish June strong.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Yeah Bob!