Notices

One Year & Over Part 61

Old 07-05-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

(((Gilmer)))! Many prayers and huge hugs.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Thank you, Sass.

I’m glad it was a great game, FBL! Hot dogs taste better at ballparks than anyplace else!
Old 07-05-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

FBL, there is definitely something special about hot dogs at the ball park. We used to get them with mustard and sauerkraut back in the day.

Gilmer, love to a strong and loving lady. You have helped to change so many lives here on SR. I think maybe this is your life's calling.

Stay strong everyone!
Old 07-05-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Re-Member

FBL,
Good for you? We haven't been to a ball game in decades. Maybe we will remedy that.

Hi Star, well said. The Nova story is Urban Legend. Nova is Spanish for new: https://www.bing.com/search?q=transl...ZI&form=MOZLBR

When I want to know what a word means in English, today I just google this way: "translate nova," and that link above is the result. Same with English to metric, search "40cm inches" you get this: https://www.bing.com/search?q=40+cm+...ZI&form=MOZLBR

Sassy, (tips hat)

The search for a final destination to move to is back on now that the truck is fixed, and the camper is buffed out and all systems are getting checked out with a three day trip in about ten days. We're trying to find a place we'd like to visit while we use the shower, hot water, toilet, refrigerator, stove, the Fantastic FanŠ, and the A/C. We've not used it since we bought it last year. Now we are glad we didn't sell it because it is the only way we can inspect houses and see the towns we are considering without leaving Maggie in a kennel.

It is sad, when we were military we had several subordinates that would house-sit free in exchange for our stereo, video, and computer systems. Today all my oldest son's friends and our grandaughters are drunks and/or druggies or living with/married to the same. Same with my SH's brother and kids in their 30s. Our 45 y/o son's gf asked one of my granddaughters to help her rob us because we have drugs and guns. She's right about guns. But we have zero drugs one could get high on. We use Alleve (Naproxin) and my SH uses Tylenol for pain and/or inflammation. That's it. Our other medicine cabinet items are for my gerd, baby aspirin once a day, antibiotic ointments and Betadine solution (povidone iodine) isopropyl alcohol and with hazel. The rest are vitamins and eye drops. Booooooooring!

So we will drop our guns at a friend's who is a gun dealer (FFL) and have the police do vacation rounds checking it, have our mail held. The video security systems cover all four sides of the house and driveway. We use Ring systems with 1080p resolution videos that are stored in the cloud and alert us to any motion detected and we can see and hear them, as well as talk to them. inside a separate local recording motion activated system picks up if anyone gets in. We are absolutely the wrong place for any theft, assaults, or vandalism. They are all recorded and stored in the cloud.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:28 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Itchy

Have a happy POETS Day, Overs. I am off in about 45 minutes to head out for colonoscopy
Old 07-06-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sassy, best of luck with the exam.

Joined my very first Shair Recovery meeting last night. It's a private FB group that holds online meetings several times per week. They use Zoom software, so we can all see and hear each other face-to-face. It's really quite remarkable how far we've come, technologically speaking. Anyway, it got me thinking how cool would it be to have an "overs" online meeting some day?!? I'm not sure how the logistics would work, I'm just throwing the idea out there. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 07-06-2018, 03:35 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

FBL....that is awesome
And may I please get your help....I am using Zoom as well for my course and I noticed in the FB webinar yesterday they mentioned I could watch it on my Samsung TV....I am tech savvy.....I have the TV set up for all internet and Amazon etc....but I don't know how to do this.

Hi everyone.... s
Old 07-06-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sorry, Suze. I'm not sure how to go about watching on your TV. I use a webcam attached to my PC.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:11 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I worked it out....I can get FB and then watch it that way....my smart TV is only so smart.....it wasn't expensive. Thank you love.....no probs..... xxxxx
Old 07-06-2018, 09:01 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Gilmer continued support and prayers.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:11 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Thank you, Mags.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:00 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Still here Gilly
So are you
Still support
Old 07-07-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Firefox has taken a dislike to my machine so I'm now using Opera.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Finally got some cooler weather here last night. Looks like a beautiful weekend.

Heading to another card show this morning. Life is good.

Have a great weekend, overs!
Old 07-07-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

FBL, that would be great (video meeting)!

Well, I survived another colonoscopy! I thought this was my last but my new GI doc thinks I am too high risk to stop :-( We will address that issue another day when my brain is functioning better. Slept about 12 hours!
Old 07-07-2018, 11:57 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I'm going to another impromptu Shair live video meeting this afternoon.

I may try to set something up for us tomorrow afternoon (Sunday 7/8).

I think what I'll do is set up a time and then PM a link to anyone who may be interested and see whom (if anyone) decides to show up. I was thinking about 2PM Central Time (US). Sound like a plan? If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but I think it's worth a try.

PS: I'm also posting this is the POST thread (we've got a lot of crossover between the two).
Old 07-07-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Prayers Sask
Old 07-08-2018, 12:16 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Another nice day here.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:51 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

FBL, I am definitely interested!

I think I finally caught upon lost sleep and am feeling much better :-)

Have a good Sunday, Overs.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:35 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sassy, check your PMs a little bit later this morning.

Anybody else that may be interested in a video meeting can drop me a PM. I'm not sure if I'm tech savvy enough to make it all come together, but I'll give it the ol' college try!

Have a Super Sunday, overs!