Notices

The Food Addiction Thread/Support Pt 2

Old 06-20-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post

The wrong food for my body makes me mean.
It makes me angry.
It makes me want to die.
It makes me into an awful person.
This is all true for me too. Word for word.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Sunny....spit it out...we are here....no judgement. Only love. ♥♥
Old 06-20-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
This is all true for me too. Word for word.
True for me too by the way.....big time. ♥♥
Old 06-20-2018, 01:22 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
True for me too by the way.....big time. ♥♥
Glad you are here. Wonderful to be alongside people who understand.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi sweetheart

I started studying last week....I have barely told anyone about it.....I start so many things and divebomb.....but not this time. This time I found the right path....I am studying to become a Health Coach/Life Coach. And I am already feeling the benefit of my classes....and I LOVE my teachers....I want to work in aged care and addiction on a one-on-one basis, and I am going to do it.

Sunny knows and Gilmer and Nick (husband) of course....but that's about it. I wanted to get going before I talked about it....interestingly the entire first pillar I am learning is nutrition. Timely huh.

Wonderful news Venus, I'm sooo pleased for you. It's your passion isn't it? You're going to be a great coach. Enormous luck Venus!

I'm studying too at the moment, but not as exciting as your study. I'm learning a software or a part of it. Exam is at the end of July.
Happy learning for both of us X
Old 06-20-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I dunno, I get radically excited about software...I am a self-taught geek.
You are going to ace this....
Old 06-20-2018, 09:51 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Checking in this wonderfully bright fresh morning. Lovely weather here at present.

Got Pilates this morning. Looking forward to my gentle, healthy 1500 calories of healthful food today. I love my program.

Love to all travelling with me.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Venus, I was so happy to read about your course, what a wonderful opportunity.

I’m really tired today, and got meetings and stressy stuff ahead. So looking forward to the weekend.

I will need to look at the quality of food I’m eating at the moment. Because I don’t have time to stop for a lunch break, it’s so easy to eat junk because it’s quick and requires no prep. When I do make the effort to make a salad the night before, I can eat it while I’m working. But I’m not over-eating nor bingeing on sweet things, so all is not lost.

How are you today Sunflower? ❤️
Old 06-21-2018, 04:26 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24h of healthy choices.

Yesterday went well... 3 healthy meals and hardly any cravings. My head is constantly thinking about food but that's no surprise.
Rather unplanned, I managed 8.5h of intermittent fasting - 5:30pm - 9:00am.

Wishing you all a good day.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support. I can't explain it but these binge cycles come with a vengeance and then all of a sudden I wake up one morning and it all feels lighter- like it's gone, left my body somehow. It's always felt this way but I don't understand it or have an explanation.

I slept in until 6:30 which meant no gym for me however I did get out on the porch for some meditating which is just what I needed. Then I did a quick YouTube search and was guided to this video:

https://youtu.be/3oem_bNxIUw

As he was about to recommend a book I was thinking, "he's going to say, Brain Over Binge and if he does it is a sign that this is the book I need to follow" and lo and behold, that's what he suggested. So I have re-downloaded it on my kindle (I bought it about 5 years ago) and am going to start reading. He also suggested a Tony Robbins audio book which I found for free, "The Body You Deserve" which talks about pushing hard to create change while still living the limiting patterns that don't serve us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pts62J8vtAc

I feel hopeful today. Last night I was lost, I thought that this thread is doing more harm than good because I keep promising something I can't keep. But I don't feel that was this morning.
Having said that, I'm not going to commit to anything today. It's too much pressure for me and that type of pressure always leads to self-sabotage for me. I am instead going to focus on turning in when I need help- searching for God, The Divine, The Light within me. It's there, I've felt it before.

I also started a hypnosis program 2 nights ago to stop binge eating. I will give it 2-3 weeks and if I don't see change I can ask for a refund. I actually used hypnosis to stop binging back in 2012 or 2103 and it helped a lot. This is a new track, new script entirely. It asks you to step outside yourself and really see the you who wants to binge- and compares it to a child having a tantrum. That's all I remember- I'm sure I'll discover new parts about it each time I listen.

Anyway, about to head to the basement to do a home workout.
I have a friend from my spiritual development class coming over today at 1. It will be so nice to connect with someone. So much of my binge eating stems from a feeling of isolation and not having anything to look forward to. I just stay home and work on projects and then stop connecting with others and it becomes an awful cycle. It's one of the reasons I wish I could find some part time work. But how to find part time work that covers the price of childcare is the issue. Oh well, I'll figure it out when the time is right.

Have a great day everyone...
Old 06-21-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Good morning everyone. Venus, I was so happy to read about your course, what a wonderful opportunity.

I’m really tired today, and got meetings and stressy stuff ahead. So looking forward to the weekend.

I will need to look at the quality of food I’m eating at the moment. Because I don’t have time to stop for a lunch break, it’s so easy to eat junk because it’s quick and requires no prep. When I do make the effort to make a salad the night before, I can eat it while I’m working. But I’m not over-eating nor bingeing on sweet things, so all is not lost.

How are you today Sunflower? ❤️
Jen....do you eat bread? Just wondering....I have a lot of lunch ideas that you can make in the morning....I do it for Nick every day and it only takes me about 10 minutes.

And thank you for your belief in me....

Hope your meetings go well and your day is not too stressful...sending you love and good vibes.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm glad your friend is coming over today Sunny.

I think we both need more fun and less worry....easier said than done I know.

And this thread is wonderful....it is an important dialogue that I know I need to have....and to listen to others on their food issues. As I mentioned, I have never talked about this before...it is better to share I think.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm glad your friend is coming over today Sunny.

I think we both need more fun and less worry....easier said than done I know.

And this thread is wonderful....it is an important dialogue that I know I need to have....and to listen to others on their food issues. As I mentioned, I have never talked about this before...it is better to share I think.
Yes, I agree. It is important stuff to talk about. Glad you are here too- hope you have a beautiful day...
Old 06-21-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

^^^

Old 06-21-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I found an awesome naturopath, Dr. Bakker who specializes in candida and has great YouTube videos. He has been doing this for over 30 years and I really resonate with him. I just got to a video on foods and he supports the use of organic tofu and beans. I feel so much better knowing this!
Old 06-21-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

1:07 check in

Feeling really good and it's been a nice day so far: Full body workout and then Evan and I rode around on our bikes for a bit and took a couple adventure walks in the neighborhood. He likes to pick up rocks and sticks and we also said "hello" to some grass, trees and rocks. He asks me to step over the cracks in the sidewalks- it's adorable. It was just nice to be present with him and go with the flow.

I found out one of my best friend's is in town and she'll be coming by tomorrow. So look at that- I went from lonely to seeing 2 friends in 2 days

My new friend is parking outside right now- gotta go!
I'll check in again later...
Old 06-21-2018, 10:11 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Gosh there’s so much to learn isn’t there. Think I’m going to enjoy this path to food freedom.

Venus I do eat bread occasionally but not too much of it as it isn’t good for my IBS and gives me stomach pain. I can’t seem to digest it too well. I usually stick to salads at lunchtime if I get time to make one the night before.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:01 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I’m going to step things up this weekend. I’m going to look seriously into HFLC and do some research into the dangers of sugar.

I did a whole30 once when I went Paleo and that was really beneficial to me. I might look into doing that again at some point.

Honestly there is so much conflicting advice out there, but with the small changes I’ve made so far I already feel better and I feel really motivated to do more.

Have a great day everyone xx
Old 06-22-2018, 02:19 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
I’m going to step things up this weekend. I’m going to look seriously into HFLC and do some research into the dangers of sugar.

I did a whole30 once when I went Paleo and that was really beneficial to me. I might look into doing that again at some point.

Honestly there is so much conflicting advice out there, but with the small changes I’ve made so far I already feel better and I feel really motivated to do more.

Have a great day everyone xx
Good morning Jeni! I think research is the key to finding the right "diet" for everyone! You can also use your inner guidance when it comes to the conflicting information. If what you read feels heavy to you, then it's probably not true for you. If it feels light when you read it, then it means your body aligns with it. I learned that many years ago and it really helps me especially since Google holds so much conflicting information, as you put it. One thing is for sure, sugar is dangerous no matter what. Just look at the study where rats chose sugar over cocaine! It's pretty crazy.
I hope you have a great day!
Old 06-22-2018, 02:28 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Boy does it feel good to wake up without a carb hangover for a change.
Yesterday was a really nice, effortless day. I just let life come to me and really avoided resistance in so many ways.

My new friend from class and I sat out on the porch and talked for 2 hours straight! It was really lovely.
One of my best friends from high school will be coming over today- she is pregnant with her first and I can't wait to see her bump and just talk to her and connect. Then my husband leaves today with Nicholas (our 6 year old) and I am really a bit nervous about the weekend. I could technically stay home with Evan all weekend and binge but I am going to do everything in my power to stay motivated and productive. If I can take Evan to the gym with me on Saturday (it would be my first time leaving him) then I that will fill up the morning. Then there is a summer solstice celebration at the school of Consciousness, where I took my spiritual development class. I have anxiety about going which is so silly because that place is like heaven to me (so much high vibration) but I know once I get there I will feel really good to be surrounded by like minded people.

Then Sunday my sister wants me to come over to help her pick some paint colors.
So, I could go and fudge it all up by binging or I could let The Divine use me to serve- use me to be present and mindful and to connect and give to others. That's all I want, to be useful- to be love.

So I am going to pray today that I can be the love I want to be- serve others in any way that I can, and keep from eating mindlessly.

If anyone is in interested in the hypnosis track, just google; Stop Binge Eating, Self Hypnosis Downloads. The company is called "Uncommon Knowledge." I do think it's working, truly. I've listened 3 nights in a row now and it's really different than any hypnosis I've ever bought before. Much more complex in its script.

Okay, off to spin class!! I'll check in later- hope to hear from more of you today