Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 3

Old 06-21-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope you're not offended Solly - for every member here that does manage to keep booze in the home and stay sober long term there's probably 20 who don't manage it.

Hope you read my post in that context.

D
Not offended at all Dee. I would agree that the optimal solution would be to dispose of it. As I said to Willow, there is no way I can avoid alcohol totally. My dear lady wife is partial to a drop of gin on occasions, and has been known to enjoy a whisky and something. So there is likely to be alcohol in the house most of the time. Will have to get used to it I guess.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:00 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi May-ers 😊 Just checking in. Going out tonight for dinner with hubby but I’m determined not to drink. I’ve appointed myself as the designated driver as added incentive to stay sober. Have a great sober weekend everyone! 😘
Old 06-23-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey All,

I missed the start of this thread, but I’m on day 38 (May 16th was my last sip). I went 32 days from April to May of this year and than relapsed for about a week. Aside from that I haven’t gone longer than a day or two in over 10 years, crazy.

So far mild exercise and sparkling water have been my best friends. I’m feeling relatively good, but the aches, pains, cramps and tingles in my legs and feet are still driving me crazy! I’m doing better mentally than physically at this point which is strange since it’s typically the opposite. Anyone else still feeling physical pains like they just ran a marathon?
Old 06-23-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MC555 View Post
Hey All,

I missed the start of this thread, but I’m on day 38 (May 16th was my last sip). I went 32 days from April to May of this year and than relapsed for about a week. Aside from that I haven’t gone longer than a day or two in over 10 years, crazy.

So far mild exercise and sparkling water have been my best friends. I’m feeling relatively good, but the aches, pains, cramps and tingles in my legs and feet are still driving me crazy! I’m doing better mentally than physically at this point which is strange since it’s typically the opposite. Anyone else still feeling physical pains like they just ran a marathon?

Hi MC!! Welcome and congrats!!!

I was wondering the same thing. D 26 here, was shaky and nauseated today as if I had drank last night. WTH!?!?

Does that happen after so long?

Ugh. Better now but it was weird for sure.

Free
Old 06-23-2018, 04:00 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome MC555

There's a tendency to ascribe everything to withdrawal but I think sometimes we just feel ill like 'normal' folks, Free?

That being said I hope both you guys feel better soon

D
Old 06-23-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome MC555

There's a tendency to ascribe everything to withdrawal but I think sometimes we just feel ill like 'normal' folks, Free?

That being said I hope both you guys feel better soon

D
Good point, Dee. Thanks!!!
Old 06-24-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Welcome MC, we’re just 2 days apart (May 14)
And hi Free!
I sometimes wonder about physical symptoms but like D said, maybe they’re just normal things? I felt like complete rubbish the first week after I stopped drinking and only marginally better the second, which I’m pretty sure was alcohol withdrawal. I still get occasional headaches and the last couple of days full on body aches but I think that when I was drinking I just covered everything in a haze of alcohol so I was generally either drunk (and numbed) or hungover (so I knew why I felt awful). Now there’s no alcohol to numb me and no hangover to blame for feeling ordinary. I absolutely and most definitely prefer the occasional headaches, blah feeling and overall achiness to hangovers though
Old 06-26-2018, 03:04 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I honestly want to quit! I haven't been able to. I've tried countless numbers of times.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JarredMud View Post
I honestly want to quit! I haven't been able to. I've tried countless numbers of times.
Hang in there Jarredmud, come here to SR when you’re tempted, we’re all in the same boat trying to quit and so many successful people here are supporting us along the way. We can create a better life for ourselves with some self love and the support of the awesome people here on SR
Old 06-28-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi everyone ! I am on day 40! And still kind of shocked I’ve made it this far. I was a huge fan of beer. I’ve been on this site the whole time, but have had trouble opening up. I’m from California, I have a 6 yr old son and an 8 year son with severe special needs. I was sick of always needing a beer to cope with things and the guilt in the morning was becoming too much. I’ve been doing alright “playing the tape forward” has helped tremendously and ignoring my AV. But my mom whom I’m very close with was diagnosed with stage 4 Breast cancer a few days ago.😞😞 She had it years ago, beat it, and had been in remission for so long we didn’t think it would come back. Well we hoped anyway. The first time she had it I was 21 and was wasted drunk the entire time. I couldn’t deal with it. I’m happy I haven’t been drinking because I know I’d be drunk right now, but I’m scared I’ll relapse. I also haven’t been hanging out with friends lately either, trying to avoid temptations.. I meet up with a friend to take the kids to the pool yesterday, she has a bottle of Vodka she’s swigging off of.. I was proud of myself for resisting. I’ve always used alcohol to numb everything out. 😔Thank you for listening.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Wishing you courage, ElvisLove, so you can be present for those you love when they need you most.
Plenty of help here
Well done on Day 40!
Old 06-28-2018, 03:09 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome ElvisLove

Jarred how are you doing?

D
Old 06-28-2018, 03:18 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard !

Thanks for opening up and sharing. We are here for you.

Free
Old 06-28-2018, 10:20 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Welcome ElvisLove! Well done on 40 days, that’s great!
So very sorry to hear about your Mum, what a terribly tough time for you, but glad you’re trying to stay sober as you’re going to be better able to deal with everything sober, stay strong, you’ve got this. Post here when you need support, the people here are so amazingly supportive and helpful especially when things get tough
Old 07-01-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Checking in—tomorrow 5 weeks!!!

Phew!

Never thought I’d get here.....

Hi Willow.

Any fellow May-ers out there? Would love updates.

I was struggling today as my BF had whiskey with his friend at his house . I wanted to smell it. I had to leave. I did.

My BF was drinking yesterday in front of me. Didn’t bother me. Noticed he drops the F Bomb a lot when drinking. I think I was too drunk to notice it in the past. Kind of rude.

It was good to look at him and other drinkers from the outside.

Glad I’m posting another day sober. Working out at the gym and working out my brain to gain sober muscle is helping.

Best,

Free
Old 07-01-2018, 08:41 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Phew!

Never thought I’d get here.....

Hi Willow.

Any fellow May-ers out there? Would love updates.

I was struggling today as my BF had whiskey with his friend at his house . I wanted to smell it. I had to leave. I did.

My BF was drinking yesterday in front of me. Didn’t bother me. Noticed he drops the F Bomb a lot when drinking. I think I was too drunk to notice it in the past. Kind of rude.

It was good to look at him and other drinkers from the outside.

Glad I’m posting another day sober. Working out at the gym and working out my brain to gain sober muscle is helping.

Best,

Free
Hi Free! 5 weeks is AWESOME!!! Well done
I’m up to 7 weeks tomorrow (Monday)

Well done resisting! I went out for a dinner party at my sister’s yesterday and everyone was drinking except me. I had some nonalcoholic wine and my sister’s BF said well that’s F’ing pointless drinking that! I politely said I was the designated driver for my partner. And someone else was trying to get me to “just have a taste” of some really good red wine.... I so wanted to, but I wouldn’t even smell it because I knew I’d want to drink it, and we all know where that story ends....
I think most of the May-ers have relocated to June and elsewhere, but I’m still here, and also hanging out in the weekenders and 24hour threads
Old 07-07-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hello
It looks like the May-ers have all disappeared elsewhere... but I’m still checking in here now and then in case there’s any fellow May-ers still floating around
Old 07-07-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 07-07-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Still here. Day 40

😍
Old 07-07-2018, 05:26 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

I'm still here trying to be my same old encouraging self.. lol 83 days sober for me today and working hard on my steps in AA. I have the occasional downer day and the blues plus anxiety kick in however I know it's a come and go thing. We have to ride the tide and keep our heads above the water. Let's kick this alcohol drinking thing square in the arse! Have a great and sober weekend all you May 2018 folks.