Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 386

Old 05-30-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

24 more for me please. Feeling tired after a long day yesterday but it's so beautiful here today that it is easy to feel positve about the future. I've been reading more RR and I'm feeling really empowered. Starting to recognise the insidious ways my AV works throughout the day. I'm going to nail it this time, I can feel it in my bones!

A big Congratulations to everyone reaching a milestone today!

Lot's of love to you all and thank you for the continuing support
Old 05-30-2018, 04:06 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Kenton - I totally get the empath thing. My mum flagged it up to me a few years ago and when I read the traits you could have knocked me over with a feather! Shy and introverted never sat right with me and I knew there had to be something else. I have people in my family that I love but that I find utterly exhausting, on an emotional level and I can only be around them for short periods of time before needing proper rest. I easily absorb others emotions, need plenty time on my own and really stuggle with over stimulas. Sometime I can't handle any noise at all. I hate parties, crowds, concerts and have to look after myself a lot to recover from thing like Christmas and family holidays. Whew...it's exhausting but I've embraced it and I wouldn't want to change now.

Juilet - I hope you are feeling better today and I'm sorry I wasn't around for you yesterday. You have made some incredibly brave decisions that are about what you want and deserve in your future. Self-esteem and self-worth is a difficult thing and I know that it's taken me a long to to recover from an awful relationship I was in for over a decade. I think you are remarkable and I'm so sure you will find the happiness you are looking for. Lots of love to you.

Snufs - Gorgeous picture! You are a pretty one indeed.

Jo - I'm 37 but can you be my SR mum too!! I still feel like a wee girl inside.

I'm still catching up but I hope you are all well and my prayers to everyone struggling. Back in a bit.....xxxx
Old 05-30-2018, 04:08 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Morning Everyone. 24 more sober hours for me please. I will not drink today.

Congratulations to the milestoners today. Happy dance for me as I achieve 3 weeks following my brief relapse.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday. Praying for all those sick and/or struggling.

7:08 a.m.
EST
Old 05-30-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Goat, I can't believe it's been a year! That just shows how fast I am getting ancient! Happy Birthday! 24 more clean and sober hours please. Congrats to everyone reaching a milestone today!
Old 05-30-2018, 04:12 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
I had quite a wonderful experience this morning I just wanted to share with you all. Wonderful tinged with sadness. I know I'm odd but humour me.....
For the first time in many years I actually had a warm loving conversation with a real life person. A person who loves me more than I ever really knew. I talked about my alcoholism, you guys, life and just about everything. We shared things and it was wonderful. It was with my ex mother-in-law. She is such a lovely person and I am truly grateful to have her in my life. When I spoke about recent events and how low I've been she just cried and said "I want you to know I'd be there like a shot if you called me. Please call me next time you are struggling".
This is my ex husbands mother!
I was within a whisker of losing my daughters to his family. So close it sickens me to remember those bad days. Yet this person who has no obligation to befriend me at all loves me as if I were her own. The sadness comes as I could no way speak to my own mother like that. No way.
Isn't life a strange old thing sometimes?
Oh Jo, I've got a big lump in my throat reading your post. Thank you for sharing that. Isn't it funny that some people care far more for you than you realise? I know that I have had that experience a couple of times with friends that I didn't think were that bothered but actually really cared for me. I think that was maybe a reflection of my own self-worth though!
I really believe that thing about getting different things from different people in your life. How amazing that your ex's mum can offer you some of that Jo. I'm not surprised she loves you! xxx
Old 05-30-2018, 04:16 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
24 more for this sleep-deprived student, please!

Quick check in and I’m off to Uni. Um... two days till the final hand-in... Wish me luck guys, I will need it!
Good luck Snufs, you can do it!!

Will message you later but sending you loads of positive and constructive vibes just now xxx
Old 05-30-2018, 04:31 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 05-30-2018, 04:40 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

24 hours sober please.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good morning beautiful people, please count me ALL in.
Congratulations to our fabulous Milestoners!! With a special shout out to Goat celebrating One Year!!

Good luck Snufkin! You can do this and what a relief for you once it's done!

Hugs, peace, strength and love to all....xxxx
Old 05-30-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

In for 24 more please!
Old 05-30-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
Good Morning Everyone. 24 more sober hours for me please. I will not drink today.

Congratulations to the milestoners today. Happy dance for me as I achieve 3 weeks following my brief relapse.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday. Praying for all those sick and/or struggling.

EST
Congratulations Rar on your 3 weeks and coming right back after your relapse!!
Our relapses are heartbreaking but they can also be wonderful learning experiences. xxxx
Old 05-30-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

After some struggling, I am back. Looking forward to waking up hangover free tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Good morning, pledging another 24 hours alcohol free today.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Administrator

What a great thing jo
welcome back gymratgirl

Congrats
jsm ~ 2 weeks! ♥
Rar ~ 3 weeks! ♥
Goat ~ 1 year!! ♥

magic milestones

D
Old 05-30-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
24 more please. Loved reading about your retreat, sunflower. I hope I can do something like that one day.

Summer day camp approaches. Conducting a staff training tomorrow morning. It took me 3 hours to research and write everything down and will probably take me 20 minutes to say it. And I am already dreading the part where all eyes are on me. I feel like if I didn't have so much anxiety, life would be a breeze. I will keep trying to make time for meditation and stretching and be mindful of my food choices. Congrats to you lovely milestoners!
I have a job that requires quite a bit of public speaking, and it’s something that I’ve never been comfortable doing. I try to look at stress and anxiety as proof that I’m really alive and not just existing. Although it’s difficult, stepping out of our comfort zone can really be life-affirming. You’ll do great.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

24 more please, Dear God.

Congrats to Jsm, Rar and Goat!!!

Congrats to all those choosing sobriety today!!

Prayers for all in the rooms.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

GOOD Morning Beautiful People!!
Old 05-30-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gymratgirl View Post
After some struggling, I am back. Looking forward to waking up hangover free tomorrow.
Sending you so much love: so glad you are back honey.

And may I have another 24 hours while I'm here? Please?
With oodles of love to everyone. ♥♥
Old 05-30-2018, 06:02 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post

EST
CONGRATS Rar!!!