Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 386

Old 05-30-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

For some reason, I'm really struggling with an urge to drink the last few days. I know intellectually that it will make me sick, I would feel ghastly tomorrow, but I guess it's that "baffling, cunning" AV that is coming on strong.
I'm hanging on and keeping myself occupied. Completely (trying) to ignore the AV or that nagging feeling.
Thank you all for being here.
Aly xxoo
Old 05-30-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Really don't feel like doing this anymore. Tired of feeling excluded from the drinking community and sober community. Been waiting for this f*** it moment to hit and it's here. I'm overwhelmed with working two jobs, one of which requires me to work from home on my own time in the evening. I have no time for fun or hiking and won't for the next 2 months. I know I need to dig deep and find the gratitude I know is in my heart. 24 more hours please.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Just remember to keep your eyes on the final outcome folks. Problems, tiredness, stress- all get worse the day after with booze.
Rest, eat, hydrate.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:37 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Amen, Phoenix!

That's what I keep thinking of: the next day. It's excruciating and I know that well!

Thank you! You are very wise.

Aly ♥
Old 05-30-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Jo- I keep my recovery separate from other stuff (if necessary). It is my life, my business. Yes- it takes time. As for being aware that professional support might help? For me it is not an option...for me it is absolutely a have-to.
Support to you.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:40 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Tough week thus far---and seeing that others are dealing with similar shtuff...

Definitely need 24 more here. Things will improve...if I stay the course

Strength everyone...
Old 05-30-2018, 06:12 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheToddman View Post
Tough week thus far---and seeing that others are dealing with similar shtuff...

Definitely need 24 more here. Things will improve...if I stay the course

Strength everyone...
We are always here for you, Toddman.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:17 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goodbyeevan View Post
Really don't feel like doing this anymore. Tired of feeling excluded from the drinking community and sober community. Been waiting for this f*** it moment to hit and it's here. I'm overwhelmed with working two jobs, one of which requires me to work from home on my own time in the evening. I have no time for fun or hiking and won't for the next 2 months. I know I need to dig deep and find the gratitude I know is in my heart. 24 more hours please.
((((((goodbyeevan))))

Sometimes we hit a wall; I know that I did but I am so glad that I persevered and found a way over it.

I just know that you will be glad, too. It is great feeling, I swear.

Stay close, dear one.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:23 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
For some reason, I'm really struggling with an urge to drink the last few days. I know intellectually that it will make me sick, I would feel ghastly tomorrow, but I guess it's that "baffling, cunning" AV that is coming on strong.
I'm hanging on and keeping myself occupied. Completely (trying) to ignore the AV or that nagging feeling.
Thank you all for being here.
Aly xxoo
No matter how difficult, our only good choice is to power through - inch by inch if necessary. Our alternative is so much worse. We tend to forget just how awful the alternative was.

Sobriety and recovery will settle into your core and be such a gratifying part of who you are, dear Aly.

Stay the course, dear one.

Lean on us - anytime.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:25 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Thank you so very much Leigh!

You are such a beautiful person.

Love ya! Aly
Old 05-30-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Jo i'm so sorry you went through that. I'm sure there are aspects of him that were accurately described by the forum, we can't really blame him because clearly the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. That doesn't mean it was any bit of ok - quite the opposite. The way that I have tried to approach these types of people/scenarios is that peole are a certain way for a reason. I cannot change that. I need to accept that they are this way because they can't be any thing else except how they are. It's kind of simplistic and it doesn't mean i have to like it or associate with them. It's my way of coping with rude, judgey people making assumptions about things without knowing the full story. It's their issue, not me or mine.

It works both ways though... we have those people and then we have the wonderful people on SR. Lots of genuinely nice people in our lives and online. I'm sure you have people in your corner, Jo. I see them everyday on here.

We aren't defined by other people's opinions or our past. Don't let a turdburger like that get to you.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
No matter how difficult, our only good choice is to power through - inch by inch if necessary. Our alternative is so much worse. We tend to forget just how awful the alternative was.

Sobriety and recovery will settle into your core and be such a gratifying part of who you are, dear Aly.

Stay the course, dear one.

Lean on us - anytime.
Amazing Leigh, thank you for this excellent message
Old 05-30-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Magsie

24 more for me too please.

These bumps in the roads get smaller the further down the road you get, so it becomes the tiniest pebble you hardly see is there anymore.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

love your post Mags----soooo true.
Babs
Old 05-30-2018, 07:57 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Wow! What a full moon! In so many ways...

7:57 PM on Orcas Island.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:25 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Was @ another commitment earlier this evening, which makes three & is most I’ve done in one mth! Not bragging coz in Apr didn’t make even one so challenged myself to go as many in May. It truly does make me happy & feel good about myself when I give away freely what was given to me(one of those paradoxes in AA that didn’t understand when was new)
Good to hear your enjoying AA Juliet. Take it piece @ a time coz more will be revelead as you hit more mtgs & work the steps
24 mo of gratitude pls
Old 05-30-2018, 08:35 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Morning sweetie pies!
Got a mighty long list of things to do over the next couple of days. Just want to get on top of things before my mum and Melly come back so I shall plod on and keep popping by here to see how everyone is doing. I must say boyfriend version 2.0 is really being helpful and kind. Maybe the whole break did us good. I'd like to look at it that way and be grateful we are close again.
Right! Bottom needs to get out of bed! Bog off procrastination you are not winning today!
Big love to everyone!
Oh and we have a birthday boy today! Congratulations Goat on your magnificent 1 year of sobriety!!!!!!!

I'd be literally peeing my pants with excitement if it was mine!
Love you guys ❤❤❤
I'm so glad things are going well Jo!
Old 05-30-2018, 08:38 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

I just had the sweetest person ask me to join my "Class of" thread. I was so surprised and flattered! It's nice when someone wants you to be on their thread! I was feeling kind of invisible for a bit. It's ok. Everything is a lesson, including humility .
Love SR. Aly ♥
Old 05-30-2018, 08:50 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Another thing that worries me.
Is being part of this caring, forgiving, kind community setting me up for some serious disappointment in my real life. Does anyone else wonder that?
Alcoholism is an illness in my eyes but honestly if I ever came clean with, for example, my friends at work I know for an absolute fact that I'd be finished there. I had a conversation once with a friend who was telling me about her hairdresser being caught drunk driving. Immediately she stopped going and my God she was venomous in her judgement of him.
I've done things guys. Bad things. I was sick of course but still...…

Do we forgive ourselves too easily in order to achieve our sobriety?

I feel like I do my best to live my amends to my loved ones now and do my bit to give something back here but my question is this. How do I begin to face and process the things I have done? Is that why the 12 steps are so important?

Maybe that man just hit a raw nerve and was totally justified in his comments.

Sheesh I just don't know...………….
Hi Jo,

I am sorry you are having such a difficult day, and I'm sorry your neighbor was such a jerk.

The Jo I know if kind and supportive, is an amazing mom who puts her kids before anything else.

Is a hard worker, who cares about being her best each day she shows up to do her job.

Who always has an encouraging word for everyone on this thread.

You cannot change what has happened in the past, only continue to make positive choices moving forward.

Sending so much love your way Jo.

❤️Delilah
Old 05-30-2018, 08:55 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Goat congratulations on one year!!!!