Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 386

Old 05-29-2018, 01:41 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

☼☼☼ Good morning!!! ☼☼☼

Congratulations to everybody reaching a milestone today!
24 more please

Thanks
Old 05-29-2018, 02:08 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Morning all

Kenton - agree 100%, and it took me years to figure it out too.
Kit - sorry for your slip, but you're back at SR and that counts for heaps. What's done is done but you're ready and willing to start over. I admire you and well done you. x
CK - LOVE the picture

24 more for me please and love to all out there. x
Old 05-29-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Love the cockerel

10.28 in Majorca

24 more for me please.

Much love to you all. X
Old 05-29-2018, 02:56 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

10:56am...24 more please...Love to All
Old 05-29-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Checking in at 6:01 am from Ashburn, VA, USA.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:18 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Greetings from Snufkin and Snufkat! Umm I'm pretty sure he still thinks he's a tiny cat... boi, I like snuggles, but I still need to breathe!

I've got three days for the final hand in at Uni, but for some reason my brain doesn't register it as an 'emergency' and I can't focus on anything. La la la let's watch some Netflix... Maybe it's better that I'm not stressing over it? AV has been really quiet lately, which makes me very happy.

Uh I'm still not fully awake... gonna grab some coffee now...

Congrats milestoners!!

24 more, pretty please.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Good morning,

24 for me please as I head back to work!

Have a great day or night

Red
Old 05-29-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Greetings from Snufkin and Snufkat! Umm I'm pretty sure he still thinks he's a tiny cat... boi, I like snuggles, but I still need to breathe!

I've got three days for the final hand in at Uni, but for some reason my brain doesn't register it as an 'emergency' and I can't focus on anything. La la la let's watch some Netflix... Maybe it's better that I'm not stressing over it? AV has been really quiet lately, which makes me very happy.

Uh I'm still not fully awake... gonna grab some coffee now...

Congrats milestoners!!

24 more, pretty please.
I love all your photos Snufkin- great to put a fact to the name Your cat really loves/ needs you, how beautiful!

I remember the procrastination when I was in school- for some reason I liked working under pressure and saving it all for the last minute! However I also remember how stressful that was. Maybe you can just devote a few hours today to get the ball rolling? Just so you don't get super stressed tomorrow or the next day.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-29-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Checking in late for 24.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:40 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:47 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I love all your photos Snufkin- great to put a fact to the name Your cat really loves/ needs you, how beautiful!

I remember the procrastination when I was in school- for some reason I liked working under pressure and saving it all for the last minute! However I also remember how stressful that was. Maybe you can just devote a few hours today to get the ball rolling? Just so you don't get super stressed tomorrow or the next day.

Have a wonderful day!
Thank you Sunflower. I'm sorry for my unhealthy obsession with posting every move of my cat online. But ya know... I love him.

I'm gonna try to have some work done today, hopefully I'll be able to complete at least one project.

Have a great day!
Old 05-29-2018, 03:54 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

6:40 am
It's a beautiful day to be sober and awake!

This is the first time I've gotten online since Friday- it felt so good to be disconnected and emmersed in nature and in God. My retreat was absolutely mind blowing. I can't even put it into words. We moved, we danced, we shook and screamed, we cried, we hugged, we meditated and lay down on the grass, we sat in silence, walked in silence, did yoga, took deep breaths together, sang together and were reborn in more than one way. I also fasted for the entire retreat (ended up being 51 hours) which made it and even deeper, vibrant experience for me.

I am a new person in so many ways. We have been encouraged to "keep building" on our spiritual practice and that's what I've been doing. My morning routine is now forever changed- instead of going on the computer first thing, I go outside to the patio, do a meditation with my husband, some yoga (sun salutations for now), warm up my spine with some kundalini yoga moves and then when it feels right I get online.

I went through so much healing at the retreat but the last exercise was probably the most profound. We did integrative breathing for 20 minutes (deep breaths without a pause at the end) and focused our attention on contacting God, Source, The Divine etc. The message I got was that to truly become LOVE, I need to forgive my husband for the ways he hurt me in the past, LET GO and begin to love him again. I haven't been allowing myself to connect with him emotionally for years now, even though his completely redeemed himself and changed his actions over a year ago. But when I got home I gave him the biggest hug ever, told him I was sorry and that I loved him. I haven't been saying "I Love You" much either but now I say it daily. Each morning when I see him I hug him (before I would barely look at him.) It feels good to know that I am capable of loving him again because honestly I wasn't sure that I could do that until now.

Both boys were home from school yesterday and where I would normally panic and just let them watch tv half of the day so I could "check out", I actually engaged with them for most of the day. We did art, took a walk, rode our bikes, danced and for the most part had a great time. I still needed a break from them 5.5 hours in, but it worked out just fine. I only yelled once out of frustration which is a huge accomplishment for me. I felt connection, love and trust from both of them. I am not the same mother I was before this retreat. I have so much more love, gratitude, kindness and compassion in my heart and sometimes I get so overwhelmed that I begin to tear up about it.

I hope you are all doing well- I'll try to catch up as much as possible but in all honesty I think it's probably best if I just do my quick check ins to commit to my sobriety and then get off the computer. I just want to live more- feel more, do more and for me the computer can really rob me of my time- I get so sucked in not just here but on FB and other places.

I am sending my love to each and every one of you- I truly, deeply LOVE YOU from the depths of my heart...

Here for 24 more hours of freedom from the chains of alcohol and the hells of binge eating.

8 days binge free
391 days sober
Old 05-29-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to all our milestoners
lyddie ~ 2 weeks! ♥
Endoftheday ~ 3 weeks! ♥
CrossYourHeart ~ 4 months! ♥
joandmelandhan ~ 10 months!♥

D
Old 05-29-2018, 03:57 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats to all our milestoners
lyddie ~ 2 weeks! ♥
Endoftheday ~ 3 weeks! ♥
CrossYourHeart ~ 4 months! ♥
joandmelandhan ~ 10 months!♥

D
Wow guys- what a beautiful list! So proud of all of you!
Old 05-29-2018, 04:08 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

24 more please!
Old 05-29-2018, 04:18 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Morning Folks. 24 more hours for me please.. I will not drink today.

Congratulations to the milestoners today. Well done.

Kit, I'm sorry you relapsed. But good for you that you came back. Now that you know where your weak links are, you can make a plan and put that in your toolbox. Dust yourself off and begin again. ((HUGS))

Snuf - I love the pictures of you and Kitty - and no, certainly you never post too much. I also procrastinated at Uni, especially my last year, frequently waiting until the last couple of days to begin writing a paper or study for an exam. sometimes I wish I could have done it proper like everyone else. I pulled many 'all nighters'. LOL

Kenton - I get the internet, particularly social media stuff. Just yesterday I was thinking of disconnecting from Facebook. Think I'll do it today.

Wishing all a terrific Tuesday.

7:16 a.m.
EST
Old 05-29-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:19am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!!
Old 05-29-2018, 04:33 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Signing up for another sober 24 hours
Old 05-29-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 05-29-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

In for 24 more.