Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 386

Old 05-28-2018, 06:52 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

(((Goodbyeevan))) It will get better.
Babs
Old 05-28-2018, 06:57 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Struggled a bit today but I made it through thankfully. It was one of those stealth AV attacks - one minute I am fine and the next I am thinking about buying wine. Hoping that tomorrow will be easier.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

(((((Juliet)))))

You are a strong and brave woman and you have exhibited that strength and bravery with some mighty big and positive steps for a better future. Stand tall and move forward with pride.

We are always with you.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:18 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Thank you SL & Bandi for those links!! I’m open to learn something new everyday
24 mo
Old 05-28-2018, 08:16 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

All set for another 24 hours of sobriety!

8:16 PM in the San Juan Islands.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:49 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi,
I'm checking in for my next 24!
Bobbi
Old 05-28-2018, 10:33 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Mr

Check me in for 24 too please.
V.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:27 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 05-28-2018, 11:36 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Good Morning
24 hours please x
Old 05-28-2018, 11:40 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

24 more for me please at 2:39 am.

Best wishes for a good day all!
Old 05-28-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

24 more here too, thanks 7.56am .
Old 05-29-2018, 12:22 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

There's something about being by the sea that really helps me get things into perspective. Last night I started thinking about the way I am and the types of people that drive me bonkers and suddenly it came to me........ I'm an empath!! It makes perfect sense. ... don't know why I haven't worked it out before. That's why I love trees, fossils, the sea, can always tell when a person or animal is suffering....and why I can't bear inauthenticity. It's why I can tell straight away when someone is saying something they don't mean, it's why I can't tolerate facebook or violence on tv..and why I feel drained after being in the company of certain people.

I spent some time googling empaths last night and guess what? Empaths are prone to alcohol and drug addiction. I think a lot of us on this thread may be empaths and whilst many of you are probably enlightened and know all about it, I'm playing catch up. The most important thing is to protect ourselves from energy vampires......narcissists, life's victims and drama kings/queen's. If we're not careful these people will sap our energy, make us feel bad about ourselves which can lead to anger and resentment which can lead to relapse.

I apologise to anyone reading this and thinking 'what a load of nonsense'. I'm married to an extremely grounded guy and when I started telling him last night that I think I'm an empath, he smiled, gave me a kiss and said, 'why don't you give being normal a go!!' I get it..... I wish I was as grounded as my hubby. He's met the same narcissists as me but whereas I'm left reeling for months, he thinks 'there's a narcissist. I'm going to avoid him/her from now on' and he moves on with his life..... no anger, no resentment, no issues.

I wish I could be more like him but this is who I am. And the world needs empaths just as much as it needs grounded people. The world needs everyone .... probably even narcissists. And if this post helps one person recognise they are maybe an empath, it will be worth posting. Because once you recognise you are an empath, you can start to learn how to keep yourself happy and safe.

Sorry if none of this makes sense. I've had a lot of sea air and I'm not used to it! Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxxx
Old 05-29-2018, 12:29 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Ooh la la! 10 months hurrah! I don't think I'll ever stop getting a giddy thrill seeing my name on that list. Thank you Suze darling you're a peach!
Stubbs darling please take care and promise you'll post straight away if you're struggling. You know by now that effing addiction loved to isolate us. Lots of love ❤❤❤
Am I too late to the party to add my twit twoo to the cute new couple? Ooh Neoo you both look so cute and happy! Thrilled for you both ❤❤❤
Boiler day today. Hot water will at last return! Yippee! Must admit I'm slobbing in bed and really need to get up but ugh I'm a bit anxious. It does this sometimes but I will indeed get my bum out of bed and brew a coffee.
Lots of love to everyone and my thoughts to anyone struggling. We have to do this together guys go team 24! ❤❤❤
Old 05-29-2018, 12:37 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

8:37 am here...

Back to Day 1 as unfortunately I Relapsed

24 Hours for me please!!! I really must not drink!!!

Friday I had some real nasty messages from my ex, we had some things to swap back and without boring you with all the details my anxiety and nerves just went though the roof so I picked up and got really drunk Friday night, Saturday I got up late and felt all edgy and not myself and had the new man I'm seeing coming over to collect me and take me over to his for the weekend, sooooo I drank a few more to keep me calm or so I told myself... I drank quite a bit that night and then sneakily drank some G&T's Sunday morn when I woke there, calmed it down Sunday, I had the couple in the morning then one with Sunday dinner then no more after that, yesterday I caved again and drank a bottle of wine so today I'm back to Day 1...

I'm so upset with myself but I'm having to really try and disregard it and just keep moving forwards because I am under serious pressure with work and finances that if I let this knock me I'm going to sink and be in a real mess.

I'm still picking up the pieces from months of binging so just covering my rent and bills this month which are due Thurs are bordering impossible. The only chance I have now to have what I need all rides on today, me securing some meetings for Thursday which I will get paid on.

Not sure what else to say, completely messed up but I feel ok ISH today and just want to get my results today so I'm safe come Thursday...

K x
Old 05-29-2018, 12:44 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Hi Kit. So glad you are back with us. We have all done that at some time or other, put it behind you. Stay close to SR. Day 1 is not nice but it will pass. Plenty of liquids and try and eat little and often. My thoughts are with you. Sorry you had to go through this.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:45 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Its 8.45am here in the UK. Please count me in for 24 hours sober and clean.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:46 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Old 05-29-2018, 01:33 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
There's something about being by the sea that really helps me get things into perspective. Last night I started thinking about the way I am and the types of people that drive me bonkers and suddenly it came to me........ I'm an empath!! It makes perfect sense. ... don't know why I haven't worked it out before. That's why I love trees, fossils, the sea, can always tell when a person or animal is suffering....and why I can't bear inauthenticity. It's why I can tell straight away when someone is saying something they don't mean, it's why I can't tolerate facebook or violence on tv..and why I feel drained after being in the company of certain people.

I spent some time googling empaths last night and guess what? Empaths are prone to alcohol and drug addiction. I think a lot of us on this thread may be empaths and whilst many of you are probably enlightened and know all about it, I'm playing catch up. The most important thing is to protect ourselves from energy vampires......narcissists, life's victims and drama kings/queen's. If we're not careful these people will sap our energy, make us feel bad about ourselves which can lead to anger and resentment which can lead to relapse.

I apologise to anyone reading this and thinking 'what a load of nonsense'. I'm married to an extremely grounded guy and when I started telling him last night that I think I'm an empath, he smiled, gave me a kiss and said, 'why don't you give being normal a go!!' I get it..... I wish I was as grounded as my hubby. He's met the same narcissists as me but whereas I'm left reeling for months, he thinks 'there's a narcissist. I'm going to avoid him/her from now on' and he moves on with his life..... no anger, no resentment, no issues.

I wish I could be more like him but this is who I am. And the world needs empaths just as much as it needs grounded people. The world needs everyone .... probably even narcissists. And if this post helps one person recognise they are maybe an empath, it will be worth posting. Because once you recognise you are an empath, you can start to learn how to keep yourself happy and safe.

Sorry if none of this makes sense. I've had a lot of sea air and I'm not used to it! Love to everyone and 24 more for me please xxxxx
I have been called A lot of things in my life, but that's the first for that one. Now I have been called everything! Thank you Kenton!
Old 05-29-2018, 01:34 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

24 more clean and sober hours please. Congrats to everyone reaching a milestone today! 24ers ROCK!!!!
Old 05-29-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Another 24 please