Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 383

Old 05-18-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Old 05-18-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Right well that was a bit harsh of me .....not being able to come over and have tea with you and hug you is hard.....I wish I could do that....just so much.....and I would hug Weav on the way and head to Gabe's house....

Love....it will be OK.

I don't talk about the terrible things I did.

How about the night I got SO drunk and enraged becasue my friend upstairs was hogging my friend in the house next door (apartments next to house) and I was so jealous that I went upstairs to the third-floor laundry and I threw his hose out of the window...really.....like an 8-meter good-quality brand-new hose. And a few other things....can't remember what....maybe a clotheshorse......in a rage.....ah ha.

So, the next day.....I had a knock on the door. Oh yes. You can imagine the rest....just exactly how does one justify these things? Errrr, I threw all of your stuff out of a third-floor window by accident? Um no. I was a terror.

There is more.

♥♥♥♥♥
Old 05-18-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Suze, I hope you are feeling much better. I know strep takes a while, but I've been sending you good vibes and praying your better.
Take care of yourself, you beautiful girl!
Love ya, Aly xxoo
Old 05-18-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

I am feeling better....only about 75% though...lots and lots going on right now so I need to pace myself....Nick is getting us smoked salmon so I can make bagels and salmon and cream cheese and things for dinner, and we can eat in front of the tv....so many shows recorded to watch.

Love you dear Aly. xx ♥♥♥
Old 05-18-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

And lyddie love....thinking of you.... ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 05-18-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And lyddie love....thinking of you.... ♥♥♥♥♥
thinking of you too! Lox, cream cheese and bagel dinner sounds divine. I always add a slice of red onion.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Suze, those sound like wonderful food for you in front of the TV! I hope you two have a fun, cozy night. I hope you continue to feel better, but still take it easy. I love you too, so, so much.
Love, Aly xxoo
Old 05-18-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

I'm a little calmer and ready to try some sleep. Somewhere in the middle of the snotty crying was a victory against my alcoholism. That I will fight for before any man.
Goodnight dear friends ❤❤❤
Old 05-18-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Oh gosh.....I will explain the steps a bit more for sure Sunflower love.....they are not actually about saying we made a lifetime of mistakes and are admitting fault...they are a beautiful way to cleanse ourselves from the inside....we look at where we were at fault in our lives, sure, and share that with our sponsors and with God (if you believe) and are freed of these mistakes. The step that addresses making amends is also for us, for our good...we get to release ourselves from our guilt. We learn that doing our best to say sorry is good enough and we learn to let go of the pain we brought upon ourselves.

In fact the steps are pretty much the way you live your life....with honesty, open-mindedness and willingness, and spirituality is the key. Which you have in spades.

I will find the best explanation/meaning of each step and post it or send it to you.

I am AA....never went to OA because I didn't know about it back then, but I went to all of these weight-loss groups, sigh, my mum went with me. One was called TOWN, take off weight naturally, and you got weighed as you went in. If you put on weight, you had to stand up and say "I'm a pig". Really.

No wonder I am so compassionate now. That was some kind of terrible.

Food full stop is my issue.....not sugar or flour per se, but I can't eat much sugar at all and I definitely don't eat white flour, not a chance.
I didn't mean to make them sound like they weren't a positive thing. I guess I am trying to make sense of the correlation between a brain disease and spiritual development. I will research it further- I know it's helped thousands of people and there's a reason for that. I can see the relationship between getting sober and working the steps because we really do a lot of crummy things when we use/drink. But the food addiction just seems different to me although I am definitely not myself when I'm dealing with a hangover from a binge the night before. Like today. I am short, impatient and mean.

Anyway, thanks again for your support as always...
Old 05-18-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

24 hrs for me please!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

I am feeling better....only about 75% though...lots and lots going on right now so I need to pace myself....Nick is getting us smoked salmon so I can make bagels and salmon and cream cheese and things for dinner, and we can eat in front of the tv....so many shows recorded to watch.

Love you dear Aly. xx ♥♥♥
Ohh how much I looove bagels! Smoked salmon and cream cheese is my favourite There is a small bagel place here where I live, and once I agreed to paint a mural for them for some free bagels as payment lol. Totally worth it!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
I'm a little calmer and ready to try some sleep. Somewhere in the middle of the snotty crying was a victory against my alcoholism. That I will fight for before any man.
Goodnight dear friends ❤❤❤

I'm sorry you are hurting Jo. I know it's so hard to see through the tears now but I promise you that things always work out the way they are supposed to. There's a reason for this too, and one day it will be clear.

You will get through this, just give it some time for your heart to heal. I'm so sorry- I remember what a break up feels like and it's not easy at all. But it's not worth how hard you've worked on your sobriety either.

I hope you can get some rest tonight...
Old 05-18-2018, 02:37 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Oooooooooo wow....I want to see your art Snufkin love....big time....that's at least 3 painters on this thread....imagine the colours we could have.

I can't eat onions lyddie love...allergic....but my tip is the philly cream cheese from the box not tub, it is way better and atlantic smoked salmon and then cucumber slices on top.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:37 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Snufkin! You sound so well. Are you doing better honey? Been praying for you. So many of us know deep suffering in a lot of different ways, most of us can relate.
It is so good to see you trying so hard and hanging around the threads. Good for you.
Love, Aly xxoo
Old 05-18-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Missed several days here, like maybe almost a week.

Super BUSY as always!!!!

Started another major renovation, ripping apart our entire front porch, 48'x8', deck boards, columns, railing, stairs etc...... running all of the deck lumber through a planer to salvage it and laying it back down. New 6x6 Cedar posts, new cedar rails with aluminum balusters, new stairs, new landing, new flower beds, new furnishings, planters, accessories etc......My dear wife is helping too, as always.

24 MORE is the Plan of the Day!
Old 05-18-2018, 02:41 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Wow quitter....you are amazing.

And you may have picked the wrong username....just saying.....
Old 05-18-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Thank you Aly, I'm much better now. It was a crazy emotional roller coaster day, going from suicidal to excited, but I'm hanging in there...
Old 05-18-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

You hang in there. We want you here with us!!! (((Snufkin)))
Old 05-18-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Oooooooooo wow....I want to see your art Snufkin love....big time....that's at least 3 painters on this thread....imagine the colours we could have.
Wow, I had no idea! That's so cool. Hello fellow creatives.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:46 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Slip, slip. slippety slips~~~~~Worse, even terminal, let's all come to grips.....