Notices

Class of May 2018 Part One

Old 04-30-2018, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2018 Part One

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of MAY 2018

come and join us!

The latest APRIL thread is now here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-17.html

D
Old 04-30-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes!!!!! I've been excited all day to join this group. No more excuses, no more overthinking, no more self-sabotaging. I am done drinking for good.

So excited to meet all the other Mays! xoxoxo
Old 04-30-2018, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Mayers)

I am from classed October 2012 and popped in to welcome you to SR and this thread.

It's a great place to find help, support, and understanding which are so important for getting and staying sober.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 2. Hope I'm not the only one in this class!
Old 05-01-2018, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 3

This is Day 3 for me. Please wish me luck as I have to be around triggers today
Old 05-01-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck, bringmeback! What are your triggers? It might help to describe them and have a plan in place.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hi ProfessorD and bringmeback, joining you on this journey and it's Day 2 for me today. We can do this!! Going to have to make and effort to try and post more, I lack a bit of confidence and most of the time just don't know what to say but bit by bit hopefully I will find my voice xx
Old 05-01-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome MantaLady! What's your plan for staying sober today?
Old 05-01-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Well, I got up early and instead of putting on morning tv and news I put on some music. I find the news quite depressing and it never made me feel positive to start my day.

I got out some cook books out and picked a few days healthy meals I want to cook instead of sitting there dwelling.

This afternoon I am going to clean my kitchen as over the last while I have done less and less and cared less about my environment to the point it looks like I have been robbed by a thousand manics in that room haha! Time to do a bit of "tidy house tidy mind therapy". Granted I am only doing one room but it's a start.

I made myself get dressed and went out at lunch on my own for fish and chips, otherwise I would have locked myself away in my PJ's all day. Was weird that on the way to the restaurant I was listening to happy music on the radio and started to feel a bit teary...don't know where it came from or why, I wanted to turn around and go back home but I powered through.

This evening (which feels like it's days away) I am going to go for a short walk, have a long bath with candles and all that girly stuff and put clean sheets on my bed.

Sounds like I am not doing much above (but it is vs the weeks of just getting drunk, not caring for myself...not getting dressed and living in a pigsty) and feels silly writing it, but that is my plan for today. After my bath I will spend a little while before bed making a little plan for Day 3.

One day at a time, just trying to keep busy and positive.

xx
Old 05-01-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great plan, MantaLady! I agree with you about not putting the news on first thing in the morning. I've been avoiding checking my email/social media first thing in the morning so I have at least a few moments to myself before the day begins. Helps a lot.

I understand getting teary. Every time I get sober, the first few weeks are an emotional rollercoaster. But it feels good. The alcohol keeps us from feeling, I suppose. And then the emotions come back in full force.

My day will be similar to yours: need to work out then attend to some work on campus. But I don't have any teaching or anything to do today, so it's mostly a free day--the hours of the day can stretch on when I'm not drinking. I need to try not to get overwhelmed. I might take a page from your book and treat myself to some "girly stuff" too--maybe do some shopping and paint my nails this evening
Old 05-01-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 4... restarted my Hazelden Betty Ford Counter, my original in-patient center. Sober 6 years, and last year and half, not so much! Need to find the WHY as someone said. And the why is for my own well-being. My husband and my kids.

I work in office, and they have lots of alcohol in the back room. It's so hard for me to go back there, it's our eating area. And last week I was stressed and drank there. WTH. I have no alcohol at home. Ive already said something about being back there, now I just need to not go in that area.

Another hard place for me is out place we bought - 45 minutes away to relax and retreat. I think of that as having a glass of wine or two and no one will over know. I need to find new meaning for that place.

Last but not least, I want my depression and anxiety to get better. Drinking only makes it worse but I forget about it at least. Not the answer I know. Thx for listening.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Back for my second attempt. Nov 2017 class that made it 111 days. Thanks for welcoming me.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Back, 111 days is HUGE, here's to more!
Old 05-01-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hi class of May 18,
I just wanted to drop by and give you a friendly hello from the class of January 13.
Lean on each other for support and don't hesitate to reach out in other threads when you are struggling.

You can do it
Old 05-01-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yes, i am fully in!!!!
Old 05-01-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm saying hello as well seeing that 1. I am only on day 20 and 2. that Prof D is up in this thread.

You got this one Prof. I'm not going back to what doesn't serve me, you can't either.

And good luck, hello and welcome to all the April newbies etc.

We can all be part of the 2018 class.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm joining the May class. i was with you in February class professor D. I made 35 days then. Now that spring is here, don't want to waste any days not at my fullest potential.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalround View Post
I'm joining the May class. i was with you in February class professor D. I made 35 days then. Now that spring is here, don't want to waste any days not at my fullest potential.
I was also in the February class. Let's get this done.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

ProfessorD, how is everything going?
Old 05-01-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

No booze today. Going to bed sober. love knowing I'll wake up without a hangover. Don't understand why I keep choosing to do it anyway.
Well, I do know. But, I'm hoping to work that out with this class. Goodnight.